Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - Delivery STOLEN?

Options
  • 22-03-2011 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I have ordered an expensive item from the US and my tracking nr says to me now, that it has been delivered! Today!
    On the Delivery Record it says that it has been received by someone named STACEY and it's signed by her. Item location: Kilbarrack D.S.U.

The whole item history:

DELIVEREDKILBARRACK D.S.U. DUBLIN 522-Mar-11 ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMERKILBARRACK D.S.U. DUBLIN 522-Mar-11 RELEASED FROM CUSTOMSPORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE21-Mar-11 ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMERPORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE21-Mar-11 ITEM HELD BY CUSTOMSPORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE16-Mar-11 ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMSPORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE15-Mar-11 ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMERPORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE15-Mar-11 ITEM RECEIVEDPORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS15-Mar-11

What's going on?
    Anyone can explain what's going on in this country?
    I never received a delivery notice or anything.
    Does this word "DELIVERED" mean that it has been delivered to the Kilbarrack office or does this mean that it has been stolen by someone named Stacey?
    I don't understand how could anything like this happen?
    Anyone can step in the office and take whatever they like? No need for an ID?
    This is unbelievable, really.
    I really hope it's a big misunderstanding.
    Why does everything have to be so complicated in this country??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

would harmonstown be your nearest sorting office? either way i would contact them if i were you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Maret

No, by the way I live in Dublin 1 !
    Beside Ilac shopping centre. I guess the item went to Kilbarrack because it's a big parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Could it be a neighbour?

I dont know anyone in my building! Could this really be possible that they rang the WRONG DOOR? and they just took it?
    then i am going to kill everyone in the building.
    the item was worth 1500 dollars. plus i paid taxes extra 300 euro!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

have you phoned the post office?

you probably should get this moved to the consumer issues forum.

i am sure you have insurance on the parcel

• Advertisement

How do I move it to the consumer issues section? (excuse my ignorance)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Maret wrote: »
    I dont know anyone in my building! Could this really be possible that they rang the WRONG DOOR? and they just took it?
    then i am going to kill everyone in the building.
    the item was worth 1500 dollars. plus i paid taxes extra 300 euro!

No not the wrong door but its possible they tried your neighbours house. Its a common enough practice with parcels to drop it into your neighbours house if they are there and they sign for it. It would probably be noted by the courier so check with the sorting office and then start knocking on doors!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Have you contacted the sort office yet. Its not clear from your posts if you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

!

No time like the present to introduce yourself to the neighbours. Somebody must know stacey.

Nows the perfect time most people are home. See you back on the internet in 20 minutes for an update on your adventures.

She sounds cute, may the force be with you. Maybe this was meant to happen.

Do the same thing you would do in any other country. Contact the people handling your parcel.

• Advertisement

That's not funny, drunkmonkey.
    I just found out about the whole thing, so I can't contact anyone.
    I will try to go to Kilbarrack in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Ring em first. It might be with Stacey in 3B.

I sent an email too of course, but it's probably useless..
    I need to go screaming in the office!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That's not funny, drunkmonkey.
    I just found out about the whole thing, so I can't contact anyone.
    I will try to go to Kilbarrack in the morning.

I was being serious, did you not get it delivered at home. You have limited time to do this, its probably with your neighbour but you need to knock on the door to find out, don't be waiting on an post if you don't have insurance.

No you don't need to go screaming in the office.

Why you ask?

Because if it was me behind the desk, or someone like me, I'd make it the goal of my day to completely ruin yours.

Mistakes happen. Ring them in the morning when you're less hopped up on sugar and caffeine and ask them politely do they know where your package is.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Sleveile

Get these things delivered to work or to some one you know will be around to accept the delivery.

Works for me all the time.

Might be worth keeping an eye for Mr Postie and ask him ( nicely of course ). We dont want to see this follow on the front page of the Herald tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dont go screaming in the PO op. knock into your neighbour and ask if they took it in for you. it happens

Don't worry people, I'm not a screaming person!
    Just over exaggerating here ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Kilbarrack is the main parcel delivery office for Dublin, ring them tomorrow and ask about it. They can have it sent to your nearest delivery office for collection. There may be customs charges to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

So what's the latest on this?

• Advertisement

I didn't hear about any shootup in Kilbarrack at least.

Ok! What's the latest?
    Didn't shoot up anyone.. fortunately or unfortunately.
    The latest latest is that my parcel is MISSING at the moment. No one knows where it is.
    TRACEY is innocent and the driver isn't stupid. He never delivered anything in my house, because the tracking no. was wrong. Now my parcel is somewhere.. no one knows really where, because they made a mistake when converting the US no. to Irish one. I got Tracey's no..
    Let's see where this story ends..
    I'm hoping I'll get it tomorrow! because it was released from customs (Portlaoise) on Monday already! that's been confirmed. Where is it? No one knows.

By the way, we did knock on doors in our building that night. @11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Tracey? I thought it was Stacey :confused:

oh, sorry, Poor Stacey.

I just got answer to my email that I sent to an post customer services on Monday evening.
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for your email. We will reply to your enquiry as soon as possible. We strive to answer all emails within two working days.

Regards,
    Customer Services.
    [/FONT]

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The suspense is killing me!

Today they called again to announce that they have searched everywhere, including the customs and my parcel is nowhere to be found.
    A few days ago they also told me that I went to a wrong customs broker to pay my duty. That I should've gone to "the normal" one, which I have no idea which it is, because in the letter sent to me, they say to go to the yellow pages and find (any) one and then pay the duty.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Sorry to hear that Maret, I've had a parcel go missing too....nobody knows where it is...apparently theres a sorting office in Limerick that 'might' have it but An Post don't have a telephone number for them! I filled out an M58 Lost Mail form about 3 weeks ago and never got a reply... its very frustrating!!:rolleyes:

The most frustrating thing is that it's a LOOOT of money gone missing. It's a laptop.. Also I was really waiting for it and relying on it, because my old laptop is showing signs of dying for a while already..

At least they told me that if they won't find it, they'll talk to the US company who sent it and "try to work on a refund together" or something..

Although I herd from the seller who sent me the parcel, that the US company won't do anything, because they have a "signature" stating it's been delivered.

Let's see..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

I just got answer to my email that I sent to an post customer services on Monday evening.
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for your email. We will reply to your enquiry as soon as possible. We strive to answer all emails within two working days.

Regards,
    Customer Services.
    [/FONT]

:)

those automated responses are hilarious... "we're responding to let you know that we will be responding shortly"

Advertisement