Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sealer

• 22-03-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭

hi all :D

ok well :) i have an m4 it is full metal :)
    had a bad problem with the paint chipping and flaking it just made this gun look old so i am spraying it in a few weeks :)
    i was talking to a friend who said sealer may help but he was not to sure so has any one used sealer on their guns ? does it help ?

thanks all

shane :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Yeah, it can help, same rules as spraying, cover barrel and magwell and other such bits that may hinder performance.

Tbh wear and tear looks good, especially from use... the whole brand new gun thing I dont really like, but its your choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭deathwish2

hi all :D

ok well :) i have an m4 it is full metal :)
    had a bad problem with the paint chipping and flaking it just made this gun look old so i am spraying it in a few weeks :)
    i was talking to a friend who said sealer may help but he was not to sure so has any one used sealer on their guns ? does it help ?

thanks all

shane :rolleyes:

If the paint is flaking off the metal you need to sand off all the paint , or at least all the loose flaky paint, otherwise the new paint or sealer will just come off with the old flaky paint. Make sure whatever you're painting is sanded for good adhesion , then use an aerosol etch or metal primer, leave to dry , then apply paint.

Advertisement