Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Takeaway in Greystones?

Options
  • 22-03-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering what the takeaway situation is like in Greystones, Im meeting someone for a drink tomorrow night and we want to go for a burger first, Im guessing there isnt any McDonalds or Burger Kings around the place so what are the alternatives? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Thargor wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering what the takeaway situation is like in Greystones, Im meeting someone for a drink tomorrow night and we want to go for a burger first, Im guessing there isnt any McDonalds or Burger Kings around the place so what are the alternatives? Thanks.

burger wise the place beside xtra vision at the top of the town

but if it was me i'd go for a bite to eat in the beech house pub and then into the my fav boozer in the town Dan's next door for the pint,just a few mins walk from the town

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks Heavy, is Burgerwise nice though? I absolutely hate 90% of the one-off takeaways in this country that all seem to get their crappy chips and meat from the same wholesaler.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭shaviebeby

Hungry Monk do a lovely burger, not a takeaway but they do nice burgers and have different beers. Spaten beer they have there is lovely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Pineto's is the one by xtravision and it's very good.There's another chipper called Jokers further down which I dont think is as nice but some do.Havent been out that way in a while so not sure if there's alternatives to chippers

Thanks Heavy, is Burgerwise nice though? I absolutely hate 90% of the one-off takeaways in this country that all seem to get their crappy chips and meat from the same wholesaler.

lol that's a classic,i didn't mean it was called Burgerwise but maybe you're on to something
    on the subject of burgers i was in Gourmet Burger Kitchen in Dundrum recently and i have to say well worth a visit

• Advertisement

Oh right sorry! Burgerwise sounds like the burger chain in the Grand Theft Auto games or something :p

Will give this Pineto's place a go so, thanks everyone, might as well ask whats a nice quite pub with good Guinness while I'm at it please?

Oh right sorry! Burgerwise sounds like the burger chain in the Grand Theft Auto games or something :p

Will give this Pineto's place a go so, thanks everyone, might as well ask whats a nice quite pub with good Guinness while I'm at it please?

Guinness?????? Dans as above by quite a bit imo,great spot btw on a Sunday night,decent ballad session

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

+1 on Pinetos. There's a couple of tables with a few chairs inside. Usually there are teenagers sitting around a bag of chips but the main lad in there moves them on when he knows a good customer would like to sit and eat.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

king burger in the chipper down the seafront...

across from the beachhouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Can't beat the king burger in Joe's. Pinettos is expensive and low grade. Lol to the burger king in greystones! We are not as sophisticated as Bray... But some day... Some day..

• Advertisement

Well Pinetos was a disappointment, the chips were like cardboard and the burger was bordering on raw and tasteless, no seats either, stand by for a review of this King Burger next Wednesday night.

we all said joes.
    my second choice would be jokers

All of you said it eh? Ill go there next week.

Yes, yes we did...

If you ignore what other people said

Advertisement