Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Made BBQ Sauce Recipe WANTED!

Options
  • 22-03-2011 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

Im going to have my first BBQ of the year at the weekend hopefully.
    Id love to have my own BBQ sauce for it.

Anyone have any recipes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Paul24

I am sure there are other threads on this and I have experimented with lots of different recipes with varying results.

However, the quickest recipe that I use when in a hurry is as follows:
    Equal quantities of:

Heinz Red Sauce
    Oyster Sauce
    Sweet Chilli Sauce.

Easy peasy. This is my basic sauce to which you can then add ingredients to get your desired finish. e.g. more chilli, Balsamic, soy sauce, spices etc.

Paul24

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055859493

HINT: post 30 in that thread is the winner. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

As an american girl from the south (6 years in IE mind you) i can give you an easy and authentic BBQ sauce. take a bottle of cheap katsup, add a large spoon of colemans mustard (any mustard will do, dijon, polish... whatever you have) a couple table spoons (more if you like a vinegary sauce) of vinegar (again, it's whatever you have; white malt, red wine, cider. might stay away from balsamic though) a table spoon+ of brown sugar, tobasco (lots if you like spicy. you can add cayenne pepper or any hot chilli as a substitute.) salt and pepper to taste. I usually add a dollop of olive oil. place on stove top and bring to boil. turn down and simmer. taste to make sure it's balanced. adding more of any of the above. also it might get a bit thick. just thin down with a bit of water. I put this on pork ribs & chicken, but it could probably go on sliced bread and be good. hope the weather is warm and sunny for your weekend BBQ!!

Advertisement