Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just up to Tony now to make it a clean sweep, I assume Rob Heffernan will get this award though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oops, forgot about AP, deserved winner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

infairness its great just to be entioned in the same league as AP mccoy the dublin footballers a european championship gold medalist and a world champion not something i would have taught of back in june

infairness its great just to be entioned in the same league as AP mccoy the dublin footballers a european championship gold medalist and a world champion not something i would have taught of back in june

I wasn't thinking it in August or even after the first game of the final

Clareman wrote: »
    I wasn't thinking it in August or even after the first game of the final

its nice to see them get some recognition i felt right up to the replay they were been writtin off and down played by the media and some neutrals in general

it has given the county a massive boost aswell things seemed to pick up on the back of it i firmly believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,450 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I only took the flag down on Friday :) afraid it would have ended up in a different county with the weather

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Heard this this evening. Unreal :pac:
    http://clare.fm/blog/morningfocus/morning-focus-monday-december-23
    Chris McKiernan in Kilrush spoke with John about the mystery of a card being delivered to his parent's home despite not having a surname or address. His uncle in Cavan sent it and the envelope literally just had Ann and Jimmy written on it, no address, no surname- and it arrived!

Happy New Year all!

Clare All Ireland, Several new flights in Shannon and exiting the bailout are just some of the highlights of 2013. Lets hope this year will be a peaceful and prosperous new year ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Measuring the year in terms of new flights at Shannon is kind of daft but think it makes sense in this instance. New bus to Ennis should reinvigorate the tourist trade as well. There's great value in Clare these days we should be awash with visitors.

I haven't heard anybody talk about exit from the bailout in ages because that's politician bollocks. I don't blame them for talking it up like that because they'd never get reelected otherwise but, there's no way we'd solve the problem that quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Sean Hehir winning DCM

Measuring the year in terms of new flights at Shannon is kind of daft but think it makes sense in this instance. New bus to Ennis should reinvigorate the tourist trade as well. There's great value in Clare these days we should be awash with visitors.

I haven't heard anybody talk about exit from the bailout in ages because that's politician bollocks. I don't blame them for talking it up like that because they'd never get reelected otherwise but, there's no way we'd solve the problem that quickly.

Daft or not, it has to be a good thing.

I was pondering on whether or not to include the bailout to be honest. In my opinion it was a way to try and stimulate confidence in the economy before Christmas. I don't see it being much of a politician stunt to be honest, probably was though. It was bound to happen. If anything it shows what previous Governments has lead our economy into.

The summer heat wave was great too.

A lot of detail went into this. Looks pretty cool to be honest :D

287002.jpg

They've done a nice job with that bar. The layout of The Library and Kings made the room feel too crowded but now it's just right. The smoking area is great as well.

Yeah, I love that tree (which is what I was referring to by the way).

Got an indian takeaway from the new Indian / Kebab takeaway place in Ennistymon (where Chow used to be). It was absolutely devine. The nan bread was made in front of me, and you could tell the food wasn't sitting there. There used to be a indian in Lahinch, which has since closed. I know a lot of businesses have set up and closed down on the Main Street in Ennistymon so hopefully this will stay.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Mr. G wrote: »
    Yeah, I love that tree (which is what I was referring to by the way).

Got an indian takeaway from the new Indian / Kebab takeaway place in Ennistymon (where Chow used to be). It was absolutely devine. The nan bread was made in front of me, and you could tell the food wasn't sitting there. There used to be a indian in Lahinch, which has since closed. I know a lot of businesses have set up and closed down on the Main Street in Ennistymon so hopefully this will stay.

The Indian in Lahinch is still there and trading.

Must check out a curry from Mr. Kebab soon....

Hmm, are you sure about this? I was speaking to someone who said it was closed. Don't get me wrong, you're probably right.

I played it safe and got a Chicken Tikka Masala, it was devine. The veg curry is meant to be good there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Sooner or later this was to going happen.

An intoxicated woman was arrested by Gardai and brought to the Brian Boru Pub in Killaloe to face charges.

Its no wonder she asked the Gardai “Can you say that in English please?”.

As Una Mullally writes, you gotta love Ireland sometimes. ;)

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2014/0113/497596-lodge-doonbeg-receivership/

i dont think anyone expected to hear this kind of news, a massive source of employment back here in the west lets hope they find a buyer quick and minimal layoffs if any

and maybe the next owner might manage to get there heads around the fact that country club style hotels dont work around here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

I saw an ad in one of the newspapers for Newhall Estate, Ennis an old manor house and 300 acres thats up for sale. Where is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭dmc17

Radio5 wrote: »
    I saw an ad in one of the newspapers for Newhall Estate, Ennis an old manor house and 300 acres thats up for sale. Where is it?

On the Kilrush Road it seems. I had seen it from the road and always wondered what was in there. €5 million and it's all yours! Another article here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

dmc17 wrote: »
    On the Kilrush Road it seems. I had seen it from the road and always wondered what was in there. €5 million and it's all yours! Another article here.

Time to win the euro millions :D

Looks like a fine house. The cost of keeping it up would be pretty daunting though and it's not like Clare needs another hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Looks like a fine house. The cost of keeping it up would be pretty daunting though and it's not like Clare needs another hotel.

Forget maintenance the cost of bringing it into this century would be horrendous!

I'd fancy myself as lady of the manor in Downton Abbey style but I'd want my central heating & wifi too ;)

Thanks. I must have a look and see if I can locate it.

The only hope may be an overseas buyer. Quite a few big houses/estates around Dublin/ Wicklow/ Kildare have been sold off over the past few years.

Renovation and maintaining a place like that would cost a fortune.

I noticed the alarm in the old Irish Nationwide office in The Square has been ringing in the building for quite a while. I wonder who owns that building, is it NAMA or is it someone local and were INBS just tenants?

Its been for sale for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Snow!!!!!

Radio5 wrote: »
    I noticed the alarm in the old Irish Nationwide office in The Square has been ringing in the building for quite a while. I wonder who owns that building, is it NAMA or is it someone local and were INBS just tenants?

Its been for sale for ages.

still ringing this morning :eek:

• Advertisement

Donald Trump for Doonbeg! Wow.

Advertisement