Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Radio5 wrote: »
    Donald Trump for Doonbeg! Wow.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/billionaire-trump-buys-doonbeg-golf-resort-622383.html
    Doonbeg Golf Club will be renamed Trump International Golf Links, Ireland, and is spread over 400-acres fronting for 2 ½ miles on the Atlantic Ocean and features an 18-hole championship golf links course.

The world-renowned course is named the “#1 Resort in Europe” by Condé Nast Traveler, a “World’s Best” by Travel + Leisure and ‘European Golf Resort of the Year’.

The Lodge at Doonbeg, consists of 218 hotel suites, an expansive spa and several restaurants all which will be managed directly by the Trump Hotel Collection, Trump’s award-winning hotel management company.

In a statement, the Trump Organisation said: “Following a global marketing campaign by EY and selling agent Eastdil Secured, The Trump Organization executed the purchase and sale agreements on February 8.”

Luke Charleton of EY commented: “There was a tremendous level of interest from domestic and international investors in this property. It is particularly pleasing to have sold this prestigious property to The Trump Organization who have the vision and resources to take what is an internationally renowned tourism resort to its next stage.”

Mr. Charleton then added: “I would like to thank employees of The Lodge at Doonbeg and Doonbeg Golf Club for their support and professionalism during the receivership process.”

Doonbeg employs 250 people in high season. Buddy Darby's Kiawah Partners invested over €80m in the development before selling it to property investment fund, King Street, last year.

Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump will be arriving in Ireland tomorrow (Wednesday) to announce further details.

Some positive news for them especially since they were plunged into receivership. Wow indeed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

As long as access to that beautiful beach dosent become blocked or restricted I'll be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

crashs on the n18 this morning??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

fryup wrote: »
    crashs on the n18 this morning??

M18
    http://clare.fm/news/multiple-crashes-m18

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

That must have played havoc in N-o-F as traffic diverted from the M18 at the ClareInn (or whatever it is called now) and rejoined at the other side of N-o-F to the N18.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was just talking about the chaos it used to be to get to either Shannon or Limerick most days. You'd be caught in traffic in Clarecastle, then in Newmarket and then on the way into Shannon, I used to have to leave Ennis at 7.45 to be in work for 9 just past UL, at that I was lucky to get it, now I leave at 8.15 and have plenty of time to spare

There have been too many crashes on that road. The speed limit of 120km/hour is asking for trouble. I think it should be lowered as that might help reduce the amount of casualties on that road, which can be deadly at parts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's been a fair few crashes near Crusheen, but not that many south of that, well not that I can remember anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

great news of the 8.5 million lotto winners in kilrush, i think there were several members within the syndicate which makes it better again with 7 or 8 families benefiting as opposed one,

although as a greedy bastard i would prefer the whole amount.......screw the syndicate i say:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭dmc17

great news of the 8.5 million lotto winners in kilrush, i think there were several members within the syndicate which makes it better again with 7 or 8 families benefiting as opposed one,

although as a greedy bastard i would prefer the whole amount.......screw the syndicate i say:pac:

Great news indeed. I'm glad I didn't win it though. As a fellow greedy bastard I'm holding out for the 100 million Euromillions tomorrow night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

dmc17 wrote: »
    Great news indeed. I'm glad I didn't win it though. As a fellow greedy bastard I'm holding out for the 100 million Euromillions tomorrow night!

Jaysus I'd be happy with the €3000 on the Sixmilebridge GAA Lotto!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Ah but ye gotta think big!

:D:D

Looks like I might have to settle for that myself :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Ennis to Limerick line closed til late April or May now.

With Dublin Coach now operating from Ennks, you'd wonder how it'll survive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Strolling back home from the newsagent this am down a leafy lane, I just thought as I looked around, there is absolutely NO where in the world I want to be but where I am...when the weather's like this. County Clare!

I just discovered Jimmy Brohan (Brohans Hardware) died a month ago. Probably one of the town's greatest characters. He definitely will be sadly missed.

RIP.

Mr. G wrote: »
    I just discovered Jimmy Brohan (Brohans Hardware) died a month ago. Probably one of the town's greatest characters. He definitely will be sadly missed.

RIP.

3 of the towns best known business owners died within a couple of days of each other, Pat Hanrahan, Jimmy Brohan and Paddy Kennedy

I'm so out of touch with Ennis at the minute..

J@ysus, Clare people just can't park

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^^

when and where? why and what?

linky

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

when and where? why and what?

linky

When, where and what. Don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,450 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Car being a gs300 would be automatic, my guess is car was in neutral - hapless driver revving the belaysus out of it to get it to move - realises is isn't in gear - puts into drive- car surges forward,

I heard the driver meant to put it in reverse and didn't, oopsie

Clareman wrote: »
    I heard the driver meant to put it in reverse and didn't, oopsie

Reddener!

You'd want to be giving it serious boot to do that though.

Drove by it today, all boarded up.

I'd say there was major panic, there's a lot of ground to make up between the parking space and the shop window.

Did they have a blue badge I wonder

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Did they have a blue badge I wonder

They'd only need it if they were going to park in the space rather than the shop..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Edna O'Brien's former home Drewsborough House (Tuamgraney) goes under the hammer tomorrow. It looks like a very nice property, lots of character but it would need a fair bit of work I'd say. If only I had a spare €350,000+ :pac::pac::pac:

http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/a-country-girls-abode-former-home-of-edna-obrien-30377292.html

• Advertisement

It's strangely modern looking!

Advertisement