Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adel Taarabt - 2010/11 championship player of the year!

Options
  • 22-03-2011 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

What about Adel Taarabt, signed by Spurs (Comoli) aged 17, removed from the squad by Ramos, sold by HR, captain of QPR, goals and assists in abundance, 9pts ahead on top of the Championship, receives Championship player of the year award...

Hmmm.... Cant help but feel we let him go far too early and should have left him out on loan, after all, he's the new Zidane, isn't he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of4f528PKoA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jimmyspurs

Agree in parts that we let him go to early, very skillful with all those step-overs and all that. Only saw him in the flesh once, against St Pats but he was a bit raw and did need to be out on loan. I think there was something about him having an attitude problem if i remember rightly. Id say he felt that he should have been in the team. He wouldnt get in the side at the moment anyway or for the last year since the rise of a certain young Bale fella but before Bale rose to superstrardom, he had a chance. I see him on BBC late on Saturday night sometimes and i agree with you, some great goals, and assists. Bale and him on the left side for Spurs now would make interesting viwing (although I thought Benny did well, last Saturday, maybe our best player). I would have taarabt over Dos Santos (waster) or piennaar. I was told by a friend of mine who follows Everton 3 years ago, Piennaar can be summed up in 5 words, nice footballer, no end product. We should never have bought him IMO. Bring back O Hara. Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

jimmyspurs wrote: »
    Piennaar can be summed up in 5 words, nice footballer, no end product. We should never have bought him IMO. Bring back O Hara. Out.

O'Hara - theres a reason he cuts the mustard at pompey and wolves cos thats his level. He's a bit of a media whore anyway.

As for tarabat- great skill and talent but it's a team game - rarely passed the ball and ended up going down blind alleys with great step overs - reason he's playing so well at QPR is that they have built the team around him - that was never gonna happen at spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Harry always used to declare his love for him, and how he thought he was the most gifted player with skill he'd ever seen!

Was really dissapointed when we got rid of him and then KPB.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

On the few occasions that I saw him live, he didn't seem to track back to defend. You might get away with that in the Championship. Reminded me a bit of Dalmat a few years before him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

WHL wrote: »
    On the few occasions that I saw him live, he didn't seem to track back to defend. You might get away with that in the Championship. Reminded me a bit of Dalmat a few years before him

Dalmat isn't fit to lace Taarebt's boots :D Would love to see Adel at Spurs now. Would be fascinating to see how he'd fit in with better players around him.

As for Pieenar. clubs need players like him solid but nothing special. No squad is gonna be made up totally of world class players.

• Advertisement
Advertisement