Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buy out bonds/arf or amrf question

Options
  • 22-03-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭

A friend (aged 64) has recieved a sum of money €150,00 from divorce settlement,their part of a pension.

They have been told from someone appointed to deal with it they must put it in 1 of 2 types of thing,s an amrf/arf or a bonded buyout
    Is this correct,I'm a bit dubious.

Sorry but I was asked my opinion of it but I'm not that well informed but I will be checking up,starting here.
    sound,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

As this is a Pension Ajustment Order your friend has no other choice but follow either of these two actions, assumeing that the PAO is comming from a Defined Pension scheme though? I would also think that there would be a tax free lump sum element as part of the above options as well.

Why would you be dubious of the advice that he/she was given, is the person that is appointed not qualified to advise on this? If not tell your friend to go seek professional advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

ya you are correct there is the possibility of a 25% draw down tax free,thanks
    I'm always dubious or suspect of someone telling me you must do x with your money......just my way and yes I advised a seond opinion from a qualified person

Advertisement