Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHEAP BUILD

Options
  • 23-03-2011 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭

mate wants me to build fast pc mainly surfing films watching films and im not sure of amd or intel or if anyone has any idea,s there welcome want to buy in uk cant wait on hws

[IMG][/img]jr1.png

[IMG][/img]pc2.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

AMD if it's not for gaming because there just as fast for media use and alot cheaper and personally I only think paying the premium price on Intel CPU's is only worth it for gaming and heavy video editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

For watching films and surfing you hardly need any power. I think that a simple AMD build with a single/dual/triple core would be enough.
    Don't get the OCZ RAM since they've finished up making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

well i went with the i3 build im going to be using the p.o.s psu that came with the case as no gpu need and will only really be a surfer pc do you think i could overclock the cpu with out touchiing the voltage im told the i.3 overclock great with out touching the voltage or will the psu blow

Advertisement