Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved into an apartment, contracted infection. Options?

Options
  • 23-03-2011 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Ok, so I moved into an appt a month ago, and I contracted pubic lice (crabs) from the bed*. :mad: :eek:

It is a standard 1 year contract. I am just wondering what are my rights/responsibilities here. Can I get out of the contract somehow?

*My sexual activity has bee unchanged after moving into the appt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

corkbi wrote: »
    Ok, so I moved into an appt a month ago, and I contracted pubic lice (crabs) from the bed*. :mad: :eek:

It is a standard 1 year contract. I am just wondering what are my rights/responsibilities here. Can I get out of the contract somehow?

You cant do anything becasue you cant prove it.

P.S Just becasue your activity hasnt changed doesnt mean your partners hasnt.

Ive never heard of a case of what your insinuating but if you believe its the case you would have to have lab tests to prove the case, which you cant as the obvious counter argument would be that even if you could get a test to show the best is infected is that you infected it.

Sorry to say it the most likely outcome here is your other half has just been rumbled for haivng his cake and eating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

D3PO wrote: »
    Sorry to say it the most likely outcome here is your other half has just been rumbled for haivng his cake and eating it.

May be the most likely but not the only. When I was going through a particularly dry spell without a partner before I caught the same after moving into a new place. It doesn't HAVE to mean the OP's partner is cheating on them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

RedXIV wrote: »
    May be the most likely but not the only. When I was going through a particularly dry spell without a partner before I caught the same after moving into a new place. It doesn't HAVE to mean the OP's partner is cheating on them

Or the OP doesn't have a partner....all the op says is their activity hasn't changed, they don't say they have a regular partner.

How long was the apartment empty before you moved in? Pubic lice are not the same as bed bugs in that they can't last very long away from a warm body [usually no more then 24 hours] so if the bed in question was not being used for several days it's unlikely you picked them up from there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

have bought any new clothes recently or even tried on new clothes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

corkbi wrote: »

What about your partners sexual activity?

My old flatmate contracted scabies from some fella but tried to blame the bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 corkbi

As it happens I am single, and haven't been with anyone since January, a month before I moved into the appt.
    ztoical wrote: »
    Or the OP doesn't have a partner....all the op says is their activity hasn't changed, they don't say they have a regular partner.

How long was the apartment empty before you moved in? Pubic lice are not the same as bed bugs in that they can't last very long away from a warm body [usually no more then 24 hours] so if the bed in question was not being used for several days it's unlikely you picked them up from there.

My doctor said that, to kill the eggs, everything needs to be washed in a hot cycle, so they could have been there for a lot longer than 2 days.

The LL has changed the mattress now, so i'll have to see how it goes.

Advertisement