Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Zombie Walk 2011 Design Competition

Options
  • 23-03-2011 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Dublin Zombie Walk 2011 Design competition!!

2011d.jpg

Uploaded with Zombie

The Dublin Zombie walk is a charitable event set up to raise much needed funds for two very important organisations, The Irish Cancer Society & The Royal National Lifeboats Institute.
    Last year we ran a highly successful Zombie Walk through the streets of Dublin that attracted well over 1000 participants and over 64 thousand hits on youtube on one video alone.

Our goal for this year is to maximise our ability to reach as many people as possible. The one recurring comment being "Damn I missed it! When's the next one?" The bigger the audience the more donations we receive!

The overall goal of this competition is to find a design/logo that identifies the DZW to all. Allowing for a greater awareness and recognition of what we are doing.

Reinvention is expected and encouraged, all we ask is that you include the DZW acronym in the logo design, the rest is up to you!.

The design sizes should be so it can be modified to fit on all of our merchandise i.e. Tshirts, badges, posters, flyers, banners, business cards and used on the website.

The winners submission will be seen across all of the Dublin Zombie Walk. Last year we received coverage from local and international media which for you will mean exposure exposure exposure!!

Also the winning artist will be made up by a professional award winning make up artist on the day!

Please send all entries to competition@dublinzombiewalk.com

Closing date is April 22nd 2011

Thank you all and good luck!

Eamonn

Dublin Zombie Walk 2011

Dublin Zombie Walk 2011 Event Page

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Naasty

Great idea and that video is hilarious how much did you's raise last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dubzombiewalk

We raised an amount to justify doing the whole event again this year :)

With the design competition we're hoping to improve the look and create more donations for the charities involved.

I wanna say a big thank you to all the designers who've emailed with their interest in this. Makes it all worthwhile!! Glad to give someones talented work a chance to be in the spotlight.

So many entries...

So many big, talented, juicy, succulent, tastey, chewy brains out there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

I'm in that video ^_^

Wish I could enter, Im so bogged down with college work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jambolian

Sweet, shall be doing this, and will also try to make up a logo, lot of college work but ah well!

• Advertisement

Noodleworm wrote: »
    I'm in that video ^_^

Wish I could enter, Im so bogged down with college work.

Hey Noodleworm & Jambolian,

If you're bogged down in college and finding it really hard to do other work well we know how that feels so if you'd like you can simply send in a rough concept for the DZW and who knows that might be enough of a starting point for us to accept it as the winning design!

P.S. Noodleworm which zombie one are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

I'm jumping at windows in 3:28 or that video

I hope I can come up with an idea for a logo..

Advertisement