Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boys Soldiering

Options
  • 23-03-2011 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Whats up guys.
    Don't know if this is the right forum or whatever, but just looking for feedback on me and my mates 2nd video. Just any feedback in general, if it was good, bad, funny, what we should improve. We are all Irish (Down in Wickow), and we noticed that alot of YouTubers from Ireland are all just blogs etc, so we are trying to sort of get some decent videos from Ireland on YouTube.
    Thats not to say that this video is good, its just me looking for criticism, as I wrote, directed and edited the film. So yeah just let me know how you all feel about it, and as usual, if you guys like it, subscribe, filming a new video this weekend and should be up by next Thursday.
    Appreciate any feedback cheers!

Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18nLQPWu9Zs

*I highly recommend watching in 720p, really makes a difference*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

Any feedback at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Invisibleprince

Hi Dude

I am real critical so dont mind me! Having said that I wouldnt post on something that wasnt interesting and good so there!

Liked the changes in tempo and the idea, and the music. My big thing was it was too long. Over the years I have done comedy clips always been learning it can nearly always be shorter, sure you need to cut out what you meant to say but getting things moving along quick with more happening makes it more entertaining.

There is a sense of what is going on in this thing which is cool and the action is really nicely edited not embarassing, like action can so often be even on TV. More than that I could not say without going through it shot by shot.

I presume you shot at a high shutter speed or somthing.

anyway I liked

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 gpdv

I think music should be more consistent, there are lots of tracks in a short period of time.

Idea was good, beginning was very good, few dramatic shots, close ups on faces, but then I also agree it gets long. And sometimes it is shaky.

Advertisement