Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP ASAP

• 23-03-2011 2:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

My computer has been acting strange recently its been making the processing sound(like after you put in a disc) at random times and the icons at the bottom corner have been changing themselves and somehow my sound was muted when im sure I didn't touch it.
    After I turned the computer back on from sleep(clicking the off button once)
    All the programs had stopped responding even windows explorer.

For the past few months I keep getting pop ups from programs 'Sun Java' and other a few random programs looking to update but after I update them I still get the message everytime I turn the computer on

Capture.JPG

Am I paranoid or am I f*cked?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Naasty wrote: »
    My computer has been acting strange recently its been making the processing sound(like after you put in a disc) at random times and the icons at the bottom corner have been changing themselves and somehow my sound was muted when im sure I didn't touch it.
    After I turned the computer back on from sleep(clicking the off button once)
    All the programs had stopped responding even windows explorer.

For the past few months I keep getting pop ups from programs 'Sun Java' and other a few random programs looking to update but after I update them I still get the message everytime I turn the computer on

Capture.JPG

Am I paranoid or am I f*cked?

thanks.

Do you always leave your computer on sleep? A restart every now and again works wonders.

Also download FileHippo and run it. It will show all the updates for your computer. Updates can also improve stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭wellsir

download malware bytes and run update and scan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go through the instructions in the "Do I have a virus?" sticky thread.

Advertisement