Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Airsoft Forum

Options
  • 23-03-2011 2:55am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Tonight I have received a ban from the airsoft forum. It was for alleged trolling based on this comment:

''Simply put, Yes discussion should be allowed. Mods should get the finger out and let constructive threads be. The God/Mod complex is creeping in I fear.''

I had reported previously that the user FIREKITTEN had received a ban however within 12 hours the ban appeared rescinded. I have read these forums and it appears the ban was not overturned here. I based the above comment on my belief that FIREKITTEN is in a relationship with a former moderator and this may be gaining said user certain extra priveleges.I reported his to Steve, the moderator who I received my ban from and I was given the stock ''were looking into it reply''.

I do not believe my ban to be warranted due to the fact that I have used this forum constructively for nearly a year, and I now pay for the pleasure. As I am paying, I think trolling is generally a bad return on the investment. Too many coincidences and infractions have been let slide in the Airsoft forums, especially with regards to LEMMING and FIREKITTEN. Once or twice would be incidental but its now on a regular basis, and I am not going to pay to be insulted or bullied by other users and then get banned for telling the mods what there doing wrong.

On reflection, the comment could have been worded with more tact, however politeness doesn't seem to be a language of understanding for some moderators.

I will not be renewing my paid subscription after this incident due to the incompetence of some of the moderation team on the airsoft forums.

I cant see this ban being lifted, but my case is there. The comments were borne out of frustration. The Airsoft forums themselves are on a decline in terms of quality and its not getting any better, its infuriating that when things are reported they go unnoticed.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Ignore the post above, my status with the Airsoft forum is now one of contempt for poor moderation. The matter need not take up your time, I have no desire to avail of this poor service any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

As you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Oh, by the way, firekitten was not banned recently. She received an infraction. She appealed that infraction but it was upheld.

Advertisement