Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prowler - Donadea / Staplestown area

Options
  • 23-03-2011 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

18 March 3am - Camera is an hour off. He arrived by bicycle and left it outside on the road just outside the reach of the smaller security lights.

BREFFNI1103180355420030.jpg

BREFFNI1103180358550004.jpg

Beware. Recent thefts around the lake.

I had no idea until I checked my cameras. The other cameras were off so no better shots unfortunately.

Black tracksuit bottoms with white strips and white writing on the right knee area. Grey/green top/jacket with hood and white writing on the back. Looks young and appears to be only about 5' 7" ish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭maguffin

I hope you have passed on this info and photos to the Garda....this guy needs to be stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

maguffin wrote: »
    I hope you have passed on this info and photos to the Garda....this guy needs to be stopped.

They weren't interested. They suggested he may have been looking for somewhere to go for a pee. There was no damage etc. They said that they would check for any reports in the local area on the same night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Good to have the cameras installed. Just wondering if he was anyway professional maybe he would have spotted them beforehand.
    Time for a guard dog?

ronaneire wrote: »
    Good to have the cameras installed. Just wondering if he was anyway professional maybe he would have spotted them beforehand.
    Time for a guard dog?

The cameras and lights give me some peace of mind.

Dog was inside. The camera is hard to see at night - indeed it looks like something else so not readily identified as a camera.

I'm adding 2 more cameras for close up pictures now because I had a suspicion that someone was on the property in the past before this incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

ronaneire wrote: »
    Time for a guard dog?

Time for a shotgun more like it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

The guy most be local so if he is on a bike. Quite a few breakin's around that area in the last few weeks\months. I'll be looking out for this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,023 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

muppet_man wrote: »
    Time for a shotgun more like it!
    No castle laws in Ireland. Among other things. So you can rule out a shotgun or any other similar notion. In fact I think the opposite is true, there is a duty-to-retreat in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

Overheal wrote: »
    No castle laws in Ireland. Among other things. So you can rule out a shotgun or any other similar notion. In fact I think the opposite is true, there is a duty-to-retreat in place.

You are wrong there... http://www.humanrights.ie/index.php/2010/07/20/the-criminal-law-defence-and-the-dwelling-bill-2010/

The Bill explicitly adopts the Castle Doctrine into Irish law, stating that a homeowner is not under a duty to retreat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Cameras could be too high up to be of any use OP. See it all the time. Zoom lense covering the entrance to the garden FTW. Lights are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Ev84

E39MSport wrote: »
    They weren't interested. They suggested he may have been looking for somewhere to go for a pee.

Are you f**king serious? Looking for a place to pi$$? He was obviously scoping the place out. Who walks around someone's lit-up garden looking straight at the house/windows for a place to pi$$? Then pulls up their hood and leaves? If he really needed to go he would have went out on the road or in the ditch. Fair enough there was no damage done but FFS that was a stupid suggestion from the gardaí.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

They weren't interested. They suggested he may have been looking for somewhere to go for a pee.

They just aren't bothered until he commits a crime.

He pulled up the hood on the way out, so he didn't want to be identified.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

If only you'd seen him, you might have been able to sneak through the hedge and nick his bike...:D

EDIT: oops, sorry, thought I was posting in AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

They weren't interested. They suggested he may have been looking for somewhere to go for a pee. There was no damage etc. They said that they would check for any reports in the local area on the same night.

If he wanted to pee he would have went to the left of the gate. You can see his footprints in the grass...peeing was not the reason he was there.

Cameras could be too high up to be of any use OP. See it all the time. Zoom lense covering the entrance to the garden FTW. Lights are good.

It's very high but I initially put it there to monitor passing traffic as someone was dumping rubbish in my garden from the vehicle. It has 22 optical zoom and tracking capabilities. I think I'll focus in on the gate as 'home' position from now. There are other lower cameras about but they weren't recording (they are now).

I'm going to print some out and drop them into neighbours and put them about my property in case (when) he returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

It has 22 optical zoom and tracking capabilities.

..but useless imaging?

Not really. I have everything dialled down due to the fact that I monitor it over the internet and my bandwidth is pretty rubbish (especially upload).
    It's a Panasonic iPro - pretty good imo. Took a while to get used to the interface however but support for it on the PTZ DVR/tracking side is pretty poor. My next one will be an Axis I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

That sounds great, but the images you've shown here are useless.

They're not great for identification however one of the locals might recognise the individual from the clothing.

I've just changed the home position and been reminded to clean the dome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 nicky chick

i remember an incident like this about a year ago same sort of thing only it was in the mornings between 8 and 9 guy on bike wandering around peoples gardens but not remotely bothered if he was seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 millymoo87

looks female not male, blond long hair tied back into pony tail and very chesty ! u don't have a teenage son by any chance ?

• Advertisement

millymoo87 wrote: »
    looks female not male, blond long hair tied back into pony tail and very chesty ! u don't have a teenage son by any chance ?

Excellent first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

They just aren't bothered until he commits a crime.

trespass??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

millymoo87 wrote: »

It would usually be the other way around and rare to have a young girl doing the sneaking around alone. The walk out has a male look to it.

The person has been identified twice now by people who have seen the notice that I erected outside my home.

An elderly man was cable tied and robbed in his home over the weekend.

I'm going to go to AGS again with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

The person has been identified twice now by people who have seen the notice that I erected outside my home.

An elderly man was cable tied and robbed in his home over the weekend.

I'm going to go to AGS again with this.

Fair play, It's nice to see someone that has CCTV using it. I've installed loads of sytems over the years and they NEVER look at them!!!!

Just like the amount of people that don't turn on their alarm at night......

Thanks.

Alarm is armed as soon as the door is closed for the last time in the evening.

My impression is that it's the careless and sadly the weakest that are targeted.

Advertisement