Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone roaming

Options
  • 23-03-2011 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey guys wondered if anyone could advise. I am a vodafone pre pay mobile user and am happy with service etc . Problem is that because of economy I have to work in Derry during week and the cost of phoning home is too much for me . If I drive a few miles north into Donegal , I pick up the Vodafone IRL signal again and my calls are free . Is there any way of stopping my phone going onto the Vodafone UK signal ? Its only one of the cheap Nokia phones . Any advice would be appreciated .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

It would be nice to think that Vodafone would not discriminate against you because of where you drive to work, but they do and are not ashamed about it either. :mad:

On your phone there should a setting for Mobile Networks search mode (or similar), set this to Manual (rather than automatic) and the phone will not change network without asking. The problem with this is you may end up with no network at all until you remember to reselect Voda Irl again. This is not a problem for making calls but will be a problem for receiving them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MidAtlanticMan

I recently, and sadly, switched to eMobile business account. The whole affair has been a disaster for me and the service (human interaction) very poor.
    One of the complaints that I had was that the mobile broadband that I am paying for as part of the package would NOT work in Leitrim. When I spoke to a young lady at eMobile she told me that it is because Leitrim was in Northern Ireland!! When I informed her that that was not true she went on to explain that the SIM card thought it was in N.I.!!!!!!!
    So eMobile broadband is useless in any of the Border counties??

Someone help me please.

Advertisement