Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Manual League

Options
  • 23-03-2011 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭

Throwing it out their early but anyone interested in taking part, put yer name down below.

PSN: Haunis87
    Boards tag: Fowler87

What star teams shall be used? 10 votes

4.5 or 5
    0% 0 votes
    3.5 or 4
    40% 4 votes
    2.5 or 3
    60% 6 votes
    Any
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

PSN: philly_c_
    Boards: Philly_C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Boards: Desire.
    PSN ID: Conor-Buckley-.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Boards: T-b0n3
    PSN ID: Adam-88-S

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Boards: Topher
    PSN ID: Uroboric

Would it be worth looking at longer halves and slower game speeds, like other manual leagues seem to? The only downside with that is that you invite each other to unranked games as the league settings in game are seemingly hardcoded, but it works quite well I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Töpher wrote: »
    Would it be worth looking at longer halves and slower game speeds, like other manual leagues seem to? The only downside with that is that you invite each other to unranked games as the league settings in game are seemingly hardcoded, but it works quite well I've found.

We could look at having longer halves maybe but I personally don't have any problem with the normal game speed. Also with people taking part in the other boards leagues with the default settings enabled, Id say it would be better to keep as it is..

• Advertisement

Fair call, sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Boards: Aha Shake
    PSN: AhaShake

I'm gonna have to teach myself manual but I have the next 2 months off so have plenty time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Boards: Aha Shake
    PSN: AhaShake

I'm gonna have to teach myself manual but I have the next 2 months off so have plenty time :pac:
    ive never played manual but ill give it a go - is it that different anyway? i spose u just go into settings and change it there yeah? shud be a laff if nothing else!! :D
    PSN - philt27
    Boards - philt27

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Philt27 wrote: »
    ive never played manual but ill give it a go - is it that different anyway? i spose u just go into settings and change it there yeah? shud be a laff if nothing else!! :D
    PSN - philt27
    Boards - philt27

Its very different :D

Get practicing.

Much more rewarding and therefore much more fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Psn: gillysome
    Boards name: gillysome

Sign me up fergie:cool:

It's alot different lads but as tbin says far more rewarding. Frustrating as he'll at the start because the simple 5 yard passes you take for granted assisted can go awry manual. And alot of your shots go for throw ins. The main thing you'll see is that you have to think about the your moves instead of just hitting l1 and x and double tapping o to shoot. The rewarding thing thou is that you can score amazing goals that aren't possible assisted and you get a sense of achievement with every goal you score. Plus when you beat assisted lads who think there class it's also very rewarding. In saying that thou you will take some kickings :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Gillysome wrote: »
    Psn: gillysome
    Boards name: gillysome

Sign me up fergie:cool:

It's alot different lads but as tbin says far more rewarding. Frustrating as he'll at the start because the simple 5 yard passes you take for granted assisted can go awry manual. And alot of your shots go for throw ins. The main thing you'll see is that you have to think about the your moves instead of just hitting l1 and x and double tapping o to shoot. The rewarding thing thou is that you can score amazing goals that aren't possible assisted and you get a sense of achievement with every goal you score. Plus when you beat assisted lads who think there class it's also very rewarding. In saying that thou you will take some kickings :pac:

Any word on this startin soon or ya waiting on other players to join?

Philt27 wrote: »
    Any word on this startin soon or ya waiting on other players to join?

We've 8:confused: now atm so we could get started say end of this week/beginning of next week. Mite throw a few Pm's to the lads who took part in the last one to see if they're interested.. More people in it the more competitive it should be. I think we'll keep it to the one group too, give everyone a chance to play each other.

Any advice on the structure of the league appreciated. Im actually thinking 4* teams or less ??

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

PSN: DundalkJames
    Boards:JamesLWAU

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

PSN: BPK27
    Boards name: bigred100

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Boards:TroutFisher

PSN:Kells97

I would just say have one big league with everybody playing each other twice. I would also support having four star teams or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Boards: DH2K9

PSN: DHUSSEY1

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

PSN - Gillly09

Thats mighty, we have 13 players on board atm. Have added a poll to see what star teams people want to play with. I actually wouldnt mind a 3.5/4 * myself but its up to the majority to decide. Sooner we get this sorted the better

Just wondering do you set absolutely everything to manual?

• Advertisement

Hopefully the 3.5 and 4 star option wins. I play as a four star team all the time anyway and I am fairly sick of playing against the same top sides over and over again.

Suppose maybe we should stick up a deadline for signing up to this?

Philly_C wrote: »

That would probably be best. Make it fairly soon though as we already have enough players to run a decent league.

Philly_C wrote: »

Il close the poll after that and from then on, players can select their teams on a first come first served basis. Il get the league table sorted in game and on the league republic site. We can get started then by Sunday/Monday.

Rules
    1. No assistance allowed; including auto switching set to manual, auto switch move assistance to none and pass power assistance to off. Analog sprint, however should be set to ON.
    2. Boards fifa rules charter to be acknowledged and implemented during the cup
    3. Each half to be 7 in game minutes, i.e 14 in game minutes
    4. Teams play each other twice (home and away)over the course of league.

Amount of fixtures per week will depend on final numbers but more than likely 2 matches per week for each team.

Deadline has passed with the poll majority indicating that 3.5-4 star teams will be used during the league. With it being first come first served on the pick selection...

Haunis87 - Udinese

If ye can get yer team selections in asap, we can get it started soon. Cheers

Conor-Buckley-
    Hoffenheim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Ehh I pick Santos

Everton

philly_c_ - Wolfsburg

• Advertisement

Napoli, please.

Advertisement