Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Manual League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Gameweek 2

(T-b0n3) Lazio 1 - 2 Sunderland (bigred100)

Good game well played mate, nice second goal. Cant believe I didn't score in the first half, missed so many good chances.

That own goal must have been heartbreaking. That was a shot that I mi**** completely and you took it in,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

UPDATE
    http://bml.leaguerepublic.com/enter.do?siteid=9127525

Rangers - Philt27 (GW1)
    Lazio - Adam88 (GW2)
    Santos - Troutfisher (GW2)

Any of ye available to play later on?? Will be online from around 8...

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Fowler87 wrote: »
    UPDATE
    http://bml.leaguerepublic.com/enter.do?siteid=9127525

Rangers - Philt27 (GW1)
    Lazio - Adam88 (GW2)
    Santos - Troutfisher (GW2)

Any of ye available to play later on?? Will be online from around 8...
    i mite be on after 9pm for a bit..

was on lastnite after 1030 for a bit and sent Conor Buckley 3 messages without reply so couldnt play the game. If youre on then the least you can do is say you wont be playing buddy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Bolton Wanderers Gilly09 gilly09
    Santos Kells97 Troutfisher
    Borrusia Dortmund Gillysome Gillysome
    Everton AhaShake Aha Shake
    Napoli Uroboric Topher

On for an hour now lads then I'll be back on after training around 10 I'd say.

• Advertisement

Gameweek 1
    Wolfsburg(Philly_C) 1-1 Santos(Troutfisher)

Good game here against Troutfisher. Thought I might have nicked it 2-1 and going by the shots, I had 7 on target against Troutfisher's 1 but at least I'm hitting the target. Had a few near screamers go in aswell, one of them is bound to go in sometime!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Ya was expecting one of them to go in was A very good game passing was all over the place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Ya was expecting one of them to go in was A very good game passing was all over the place :D

Tried adding you there, says you're over the limit

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Philly_C wrote: »
    Santos Kells97 Troutfisher
    Borrusia Dortmund Gillysome Gillysome
    Napoli Uroboric Topher

On for an hour now lads then I'll be back on after training around 10 I'd say.

I can hopefully get on after 10. Will let you know if otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Philt27 wrote: »
    was on lastnite after 1030 for a bit and sent Conor Buckley 3 messages without reply so couldnt play the game. If youre on then the least you can do is say you wont be playing buddy!!

Yeah, I didn't see your messages until earlier. I get so many game invites on Black Ops now that I tend not to take any notice when a new message pops up anymore.

• Advertisement

Aha Shake wrote: »
    I can hopefully get on after 10. Will let you know if otherwise

Won't be on I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Gameweek 2
    (Topher) Napoli 2 - 0 Wolfsburg (Philly_C)

Philly hit the post 3 times, and although we had the same number of shots, I only had two on target and scored them both. Think he has every right to feel hard done by! Unlucky man, you'll score goal of the season though when one of them goes in!

Oh look, apparently I'm Monaghan. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Gameweek 2

Dortmund(gillysome) 3-0 wolfberg(Phillyc)

Good game Philly. Nothing in the game really two late goals flattered me. Bitch of a lag in the game but some nice moves in-between. well played mate

Töpher wrote: »
    Gameweek 2
    (Topher) Napoli 2 - 0 Wolfsburg (Philly_C)

Philly hit the post 3 times, and although we had the same number of shots, I only had two on target and scored them both. Think he has every right to feel hard done by! Unlucky man, you'll score goal of the season though when one of them goes in!

Oh look, apparently I'm Monaghan. :mad:

:(

It just won't go in! I was convinced that volley was in. Gutted I got nothing outta that game but sure what can you do! And when your 2nd went in off the post, well my controller is lucky to be still working! Good game mate.
    Gillysome wrote: »
    Gameweek 2

Dortmund(gillysome) 3-0 wolfberg(Phillyc)

Good game Philly. Nothing in the game really two late goals flattered me. Bitch of a lag in the game but some nice moves in-between. well played mate

No goals again for me but I thought I played alright, pushed forward at the end and you punished me. Your 1st goal was very nice I must say! Good game mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Anyone around for a game?

Lads are yous about this evening?

Gameweek 1
    Udinese (Haunis87) 0-1 Rangers (Philt27)

Fair play Philt, ya took your goal very well. Me on the other hand... well no goals from 15 shots and average 62% possesion means Ive given up on Udinese after this league:pac::pac: Struggling big time I am atm...

well no goals from 15 shots

Welcome to the club. :P

Gameweek 1
    Udinese (Haunis87) 0-1 Rangers (Philt27)

Fair play Philt, ya took your goal very well. Me on the other hand... well no goals from 15 shots and average 62% possesion means Ive given up on Udinese after this league:pac::pac: Struggling big time I am atm...
    Haunis i havnt a clue how u didnt score - most one sided game i think ive ever been involved in!!dont think the rake of cans i had helped much but maybe i shud drink thru these games as it seemed to work out well!!:D - well played man - goals will deffo come your way!!

Lads are yous about this evening?

I can play anytime today?

• Advertisement

Philt27 wrote: »
    Haunis i havnt a clue how u didnt score - most one sided game i think ive ever been involved in!!dont think the rake of cans i had helped much but maybe i shud drink thru these games as it seemed to work out well!!:D - well played man - goals will deffo come your way!!

Sure most games have been going like that for me recently. Passing and movement is alrite just cant score as consistently as I used to be... hopefully theyl start flying in soon though! That beer tactic mite come handy:pac::pac: In fairness, yer goal was taken like ya have been playing manual for a while.. keep at it.

Btw was wondering, will all the lads who are playing in the main boards league be using manual settings.. I know Topher and Gillysome will probably be...just curious:confused:

Sure most games have been going like that for me recently. Passing and movement is alrite just cant score as consistently as I used to be... hopefully theyl start flying in soon though! That beer tactic mite come handy:pac::pac: In fairness, yer goal was taken like ya have been playing manual for a while.. keep at it.

Btw was wondering, will all the lads who are playing in the main boards league be using manual settings.. I know Topher and Gillysome will probably be...just curious:confused:

Sure will be bud. Expecting a few good kickings as per usual:P it'll be worth it thou for that 1 game when it all comes together

I can play anytime today?

7.30 ok?

7.30 ok?

Yep!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'm around now for the next 2 hours or so for anyone who I need to play. Give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

I'm away Mon-Fri so I'll be on for a while this evening if anybody needs to play Newcastle.

Gameweek 2

Wolfsburg 1 - 0 Everton

So frustrating! Gave away an extremely harsh penalty and thought justice was done when saved it. But conceded from the resulting corner :rolleyes:

Good game in general though... plenty chances

Def won't be using manual for main league... free kicks corners and pens must make up 90% of goals

Def won't be using manual for main league... free kicks corners and pens must make up 90% of goals

Havin played 2 full seasons on manual on the boards league I'd say it's more like the opposite way around to be honest:eek: there's nothing more frustrating than holding your own in a game against an assisted player only to be on done by a generic cross or a poxy corner:( Everyone to thier own and that but I'd argue that playin assisted ya end up just playing the percentages in games. Espicially when both players are assisted.

Gameweek 2

Wolfsburg 1 - 0 Everton

So frustrating! Gave away an extremely harsh penalty and thought justice was done when saved it. But conceded from the resulting corner :rolleyes:

Good game in general though... plenty chances

Yeah I felt for you when I scored straight after the penaly miss. Think we both had 10 shots each so was a good attacking game. That open goal I missed:o. Good game mate.

Still can't score from open play:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Will defo be playing manual in the other league, playing assisted players is probably the best way of improving your manual game, you have to learn to be faster with your decisions and more precise with your passing due to the advantages the other player will have. In theory it should make you that bit sharper when playing othe rmanual players then. Still, I don't play assisted players outside of the league (probably to my own detriment) because playing players who only seem to pass and run, pass and run, lob ball, shoot, with the computer auto aiming it all for them, ****s me off no end. Even more so when it results in a looooong celebration and 27 replays of the computer's goal.

Bitter? Me? Never!

Advertisement