Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 - Manual League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Gillysome wrote: »
    Havin played 2 full seasons on manual on the boards league I'd say it's more like the opposite way around to be honest:eek: there's nothing more frustrating than holding your own in a game against an assisted player only to be on done by a generic cross or a poxy corner:( Everyone to thier own and that but I'd argue that playin assisted ya end up just playing the percentages in games. Espicially when both players are assisted.

Well I rarely use crosses. I try to emulate the real life way the team im using play.... well the attacking side of it anyways (no passing back nonsense :P )

So for Arsenal it's gonna be excessive passing!

I'm just not good enough to do this on manual and I have no idea how to shoot in manual. I'm too competitive to be giving others an advantage tbh ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Well I rarely use crosses. I try to emulate the real life way the team im using play.... well the attacking side of it anyways (no passing back nonsense :P )

I'm just not good enough to do this on manual and I have no idea how to shoot in manual. I'm too competitive to be giving others an advantage tbh ha

Im not one to talk atm but its about persisting with it Ive no doubt you will see a variety of goals start flying in... but like I said Im not one to talk atm:pac::pac: Cant agree with ya about the majority of goals coming from set pieces either, IMO its the complete opposite most of the time

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Cant agree with ya about the majority of goals coming from set pieces either, IMO its the complete opposite most of the time
    That's odd. I guess I'm just class at scoring from open play in assisted :cool:

Or maybe ye are just manual fanboys ;p

Gameweek 3

Rangers v Everton
    Newcastle v Dortmund
    Santos v Bolton
    Lazio v Hoffenheim
    Napoli v Udinese
    Sunderland v Wolfsburg

Hoffenheim v Napoli
    Bolton v Lazio
    Dortmund v Santos
    Everton v Newcastle
    Udinese v Sunderland
    Wolfsburg v Rangers

Newcastle v Rangers
    Santos v Everton
    Lazio v Dortmund
    Napoli v Bolton
    Sunderland v Hoffenheim
    Udinese v Wolfsburg

Everyone is off the mark which is good to see but would be great if we can all have at least 5 games played before the next batch of fixtures. Cheers

http://bml.leaguerepublic.com/

Rangers Bolton Newcastle and Santos. What times are ye free tomorrow?

• Advertisement

That's odd. I guess I'm just class at scoring from open play in assisted :cool:

Or maybe ye are just manual fanboys ;p

Fanboy:pac: I think its just trying to emulate (other than the real thing obviously) a realistic game of football. Cant argue theres flaws in the game which dont benefit the manual player all the time but Id much rather win/lose at this than go back to a generic assisted play where the cpu is doing at least 70% of the work..

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Rangers Bolton Newcastle and Santos. What times are ye free tomorrow?
    ill be on afetr 9pm tonite for a cupla hrs man - play ya then??

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Gameweek 3
    Rangers v Everton
    Wolfsburg v Rangers
    Newcastle v Rangers - Ill be on after 9pm if anyones on later??
    GAMEWEEEK 2
    Hoffenheim v Rangers
    Rangers v Bolton - need to get these games played as well so if anyones on after 9pm ill see u then..

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

I should be on a good bit this week. So anyone that i need to play just give me a shout. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Mate stop trying to play manual the same way you do assisted. It took me about 6 months of constant beatings to figure that out. With manual other players won't be free every time you attack. You have to build up your moves and move the opposition around. When you do that you'll get far more chances and your shooting will improve. Tip for the shooting dont ai
    To start with, just try and hit the target, or aim for the keeper and adjust right or left slightly to slot it away. As for the competitive thing that will pass.I went from finishing second in my first boards league season(assisted) to successive relegations(manual), I can honestly say I enjoyed the manual seasons more.

• Advertisement

Philt27 wrote: »
    ill be on afetr 9pm tonite for a cupla hrs man - play ya then??

Righteo!

Lazio, newcastle and santos I'll be on around 10 tonight and tomoro night if any of ya are free. Might get on earlier if I do I'll post on here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Lazio, newcastle and santos I'll be on around 10 tonight and tomoro night if any of ya are free. Might get on earlier if I do I'll post on here

I should be able to play you then. I'll defo be around earlier than 10 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Philt27 wrote: »
    [
    Hoffenheim v Rangers
    need to get these games played as well so if anyones on after 9pm ill see u then..

I'll definitely be on after nine o' clock.

Desire. wrote: »
    I'll definitely be on after nine o' clock.

I need to play you too I think, ill be on for the evening I hope. See you then.

Gameweek 3

Lazio(adam88-s) 0-0 Dortmund(gillysome)

Best player I've played in the league so far. You had me streched more than once there but the Dortmund bus held strong :P very little in the first half and we both had good chances to score. Second half thou you pushed hard for the winner. I was hoping to get you on the counter late on but happy with the draw. Well played mate

Gameweek 3

Lazio(adam88-s) 0-0 Dortmund(gillysome)

Best player I've played in the league so far. You had me streched more than once there but the Dortmund bus held strong :P very little in the first half and we both had good chances to score. Second half thou you pushed hard for the winner. I was hoping to get you on the counter late on but happy with the draw. Well played mate

GG mate well played and thanks. Yea had a few opportunities I would have hoped to score from but ah well. These draws are adding up, got to get my shooting boots back on! Could have scored 2 in the first 2 mins nearly. One with me intercepting a back pass type of thing but I didn't react quick enough.

GG though, looking forward to our second game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Santos		- Kells97
    Newcastle	- DHUSSEY1
    Udinese		- Haunis87
    Bolton		- gillly09
    Hoffenheim	- Conor-Buckley

Lads, I'll be on about from 12ish at night Monday to Wednesday this week, and will be available for most of Friday. I'm sure I'll be available over the weekend at some stage too. Kells97, I still can't add you on PSN (when I last tried, which was yesterday).

EDIT Gameweek 2

Fowler87 (Haunis87) Udinese 0 vs 0 Lazio (Adam-88-S) T-b0n3

Another nil all draw! You'd swear I was playing defensively or something. I'm not! Had a clean one on one in the last minute was gutted I missed, although a lose for Fowler87 probably would have been a bit harsh. GG mate, well played. Your lads at the back were made of stone!

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Fowler87 (Haunis87) Udinese 0 vs 0 Lazio (Adam-88-S) T-b0n3

Another nil all draw! You'd swear I was playing defensively or something. I'm not! Had a clean one on one in the last minute was gutted I missed, although a lose for Fowler87 probably would have been a bit harsh. GG mate, well played. Your lads at the back were made of stone!

Thank **** ya didnt score, think a controller wont have been smashed by now:pac: Ah in fairness, Id say a draw was the fair result. I shaded first half and you shaded second and probably should have won it late on:P You've a similar style to myself so we probably cancelled each other out though... just delighted to get a summit out of the game after being robbed the last couple games!

• Advertisement

Töpher wrote: »
    Santos        - Kells97
    Newcastle    - DHUSSEY1
    Udinese        - Haunis87
    Bolton        - gillly09
    Hoffenheim    - Conor-Buckley

Lads, I'll be on about from 12ish at night Monday to Wednesday this week, and will be available for most of Friday. I'm sure I'll be available over the weekend at some stage too. Kells97, I still can't add you on PSN (when I last tried, which was yesterday).

I mite catch ya then so Topher

(Gillly09) Bolton 2-2 Wolfsburg (PhillyC)

Was a really laggy game which ruined it. Say it would have been a good game if it didn't lag so much. Your first goal was really good nice build up play. the second was a bit of a calamity from my keeper and defender. Good game tho draw was prob the right result.

-gilly-09- wrote: »
    (Gillly09) Bolton 2-2 Wolfsburg (PhillyC)

Was a really laggy game which ruined it. Say it would have been a good game if it didn't lag so much. Your first goal was really good nice build up play. the second was a bit of a calamity from my keeper and defender. Good game tho draw was prob the right result.

What gameweek is this?

Gameweek 1

Troutfisher (Kells97) Santos 0 - 1 Lazio (Adam-88-S) T-b0n3

Good game mate, feared it was going to be nil all again after I hit the crossbar then missed the open goal after!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Yup was a good finish for your goal thought my keeper had it.I still haven't scored from open play yet lol.

Yup was a good finish for your goal thought my keeper had it.I still haven't scored from open play yet lol.

Good old using cross to chip the keeper. No where near as good or as effective as it was in Fifa 10, but still can come in handy when lobbing from distance. You will soon mate, keep plugging away mate, manual is key.

Edit. Gillly-09- Care to play our game? or WB to my text messer.

What gameweek is this?

Sorry mate, Game week one.

Thank **** ya didnt score, think a controller wont have been smashed by now:pac: Ah in fairness, Id say a draw was the fair result. I shaded first half and you shaded second and probably should have won it late on:P You've a similar style to myself so we probably cancelled each other out though... just delighted to get a summit out of the game after being robbed the last couple games!

In fairness if that had of gone in I wouldn't have blamed you for smashing more than the controller! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

T-b0n3, can you play now?

• Advertisement

Desire. wrote: »
    T-b0n3, can you play now?

Sure, I'll be on in a min and I'll invite.

Advertisement