Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand National feedback

• 23-03-2011 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Can anyone give me heads up on Nedzers Return - I am living abroad and am interested in backing him ante-post for National. From what I read Elliott only seems to mention backstage as his intended runner.

Also interested in Becauseicouldntsee and heard he had a set back - also want to back that antepost

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

23May10 Perth ( 21 GS ,RPR119 )
    It's the preferred route (hurdles) at the moment. The handicapper has rated him 145 over fences, which is crazy; he's a summer horse, not a Grand National winner. - Gordon Elliott, trainer

that is his last quote

if backing
    he is 66/1 make sure you back non runner no bet with stan james,

i dont see any form to suggest he will win national:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I go to bed dreaming of my 40/1 on Backstage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Is Stan James the only bookies doing NRNB at the moment for the Grand National?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭NoseyMike2010

Silver by nature is going to win it by a country mile!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

clived2 wrote: »
    23May10 Perth ( 21 GS ,RPR119 )
    It's the preferred route (hurdles) at the moment. The handicapper has rated him 145 over fences, which is crazy; he's a summer horse, not a Grand National winner. - Gordon Elliott, trainer

that is his last quote

if backing
    he is 66/1 make sure you back non runner no bet with stan james,

i dont see any form to suggest he will win national:confused:

Thanks for that. What interests me on this horse is I was at Aintree in 2010 when he was cantering along in the Foxhunters only for his jockey to do the closest I have seen to a jump off the horse 50 yards after the canal turn. He went into my National notebook from that day. If you look at his form after that race he embarked on a winning run. His handicap mark is perfect and am ignoring his last two runs on the basis of an Elliott protection of his mark. I do not like the fact he has been off the course for so long and am inclined to think he wont run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Fryern

I like Nedzers Return and have money on at 400-1 and 100-1 for the place (betfair).

I also have Backstage @ 50-1 with my local bookie since last August.

Nedzers is up for sale/part sale if you fancy a stake in a runner. I think he has a cracking chance.

This is the race you referrred to >>
    http://horses.sportinglife.com/Video/Racing/0,27770,364510,00.html
    Came 4th without the jockey and made a total hash of the 2nd. See the one in red with a white noseband. So he's jumped the big fences with an amateur jockey and carrying 12 stone.
    Bold jumper and will be suited by the course, flew Beechers and the Chair.
    Won several 3m point to points. McCoy won on him in May 2010 and what
    a great ride for him:-
    'Tracked leaders, closed 4 out, led after next, drew clear from 2 out,
    easily (op 4-11 tchd 1-2 in places)'.

As you say I don't see how he (Mcgonagle) came off unless something broke. Probably would have won and if so what price now. Nedzer is owned by Willie Elliott, Gordon's uncle.

Will he run? Why not they have paid the forfeit, he's in, and they will know exactly how fit he is. They have Chicago Grey in the stable so know how to train 4 milers (not to mention Silver Birch/Backstage & Dev).

Is Stan James the only bookies doing NRNB at the moment for the Grand National?

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

?

bet365 are also nrnb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Who ye fancying?

Ballabriggs and Backstage are both tickling my fancy but I;ll probably leave any bets til the day of the race.

dotsflan wrote: »
    bet365 are also nrnb

Cheers, don't have an account with them either.:D Must set one up with whichever has the better odds over the weekend.

• Advertisement

Some real money now coming for Nedzers Return. Current best price 159-1 on Betfair and £1793 matched - up £400 in last few hours. Best place odds 29-1 another £100 matched this am. I'm not betting, happy with my original punt. Small outlay potential £20k. Must lay the original stake soon!

I have a lot on Backstage @ 50-1 since last August. Best now 12-1 including Betfair. Looks like an SP of around 8-1. It's ratio bets of 90win:10 place. That's the best way to win at this game. Guess I will lay all of it for a free ride.

Backstage? Old Bill gave my friend down in Chudleigh two tips Dirar for the Ebor & Backstage for the National. Now Old Bill has trouble betting as he is banned from most bookies and has the correspondence to prove it! So I put some on for him.

He also said Mike Jarvis 2yo first time out!

Who's Old Bill?

Old Bill - I'll find out. Loves a punt and closely connected to horses.

He's a friend of my best mate who lives in Chudleigh, Devon. Now Chudleigh has cancer and lost number 4 vertebra. He's recovering well and walks again - amazing what you can rod these days. We played a load of rugby so we kniow how to fight opposition. Old Bill I've only spoken to but I put £500 on Backstage for him @ 50-1 last August. He has a copy of the slip! It's on the nose but we will lay it (hopefully for 10s) for a 'free' ride.

I see Jarvis has retired
    (Rookie trainer Roger Varian can enjoy an early-season tonic earlier on the card if Eton Forever runs to form in the William Hill Spring Mile.
    Varian has replaced Michael Jarvis at Kremlin House and will already have discovered the magnitude of such a prestigious role.)

I'll check out Old Bill.....

Nedzers

He is having a gallop early tomorrow am to see if he will line up in the National. It's a final test.

Backstage is ready to go.

Backstage is my only bet so far, ew with Bet365. Keeping a close eye on Bluesea Cracker, not bet as yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

My own fancy is Tidel Bay as barring a fall I can't see him out of the first 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

becauseicouldntsee for me.

Backstage is my only bet so far, ew with Bet365. Keeping a close eye on Bluesea Cracker, not bet as yet.

Have Backstage backed since this post. Just backed Bluesea Cracker and Becauseicouldn'tsee with small e/w bets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Don't Push It and Blusea Cracker with small each way bets!

• Advertisement

I'm going for a tricast.
    Ballbriggs
    Oscar Time
    Don't push it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭NoseyMike2010

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I'm going for a tricast.
    Ballbriggs
    Oscar Time
    Don't push it