Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man from the council taking pictures of my apprtment?

Options
  • 23-03-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Recently I got a letter from my letting agency outlining that a man from the council would be visiting the apartment block, with a member from the agency to check the living conditions of all the apartments, in compliance with some act or another and that i didn't to be present but could if wanted. I threw away the letter not thinking much because iv had visits before making sure all the fire extinguishers were in place etc. What I'm asking about is when the man came he was alone, I heard him come in but stayed in bed, he went around the apartment and finally came to my room. He entered without knocking and proceeded to take pictures of the room while i was sleeping in it. All I want to know is this normal? or if someone could point me to the act that covers this because I know longer have the letter. Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

How do you know he took pictures? Weren't you sleeping at the time?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

err.... why didnt you get out of bed, there was a strange person in your apartment?

you could have asked him all the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LickiRake

I kinda got a freight and didn't know what too do really. I was expecting someone but had no clue he'd have to come into me room. I could hear the flash, turned and seen him with the camera. He asked were ye not expecting me and i just said, yeah I suppose. In hindsight I obviously should of said something, but I was completely shocked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

Either you were asleep or you were not. Which was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭lostboy75

Kosseegan wrote: »
    Either you were asleep or you were not. Which was it?

what does it matter! more of the usual helpful replys....

i know if they have an appointment they can enter, provided they gave you the notice, which they did.
    if they were in to do a job, well he did that, he would have entered the room not knowing you were in there, spotted you, assumed you were asleep, so just taken the picture.
    it does come across as a little creepy, not leaving the room, and knocking to wake you though.
    not too sure if he should have been accompanied either? i would have thought so?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Call the letting agency and ask them your question. All I want to know is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I would have thought he knocked/ rang the bell and when you didn't answer, thought you were out, so didn't think to knock on the bedroom door (may not even have known it is a bedroom). It would have been nice if they'd told you there would be photos taken but it all seems legal and while a little unusual, not unheard of.

Advertisement