Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointed about eircom move

Options
  • 23-03-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just a bit of info on my disappointment today.
    Current with Vodafone up to 24mb at home with all calls etc and I'm with emobile 15/7 since the co started and schedule my weekly top up.
    I rand eircom just now, looking to move my home phone onto 8mb ngb with anytime calls and was offered €61.91 for 6 mths the €66.91
    I only wanted to do this in order to move from pre pay to bill pay on emobile €49 unlimited contract!
    I wasn't interested in forking out a deposit and thought I wouldn't need to since I'm with emobile from the start and have a scheduled top up that's consistent.
    Shocked me to find that they wanted a €100 deposit. This was a deal breaker for me as I'm not unhappy with my Vodafone home service, in fact, if I had returned to eircom it would be my 4th time going with them after E unsatisfactory experiences, so it was a big move for me.

Anyway, move hasnt happened!!!
    Seems like bad business to me, if they'd have gotten md to switch, I would have been contracted in committing €1380 per year between both home and mobile!!!

Ah well. Tesco mobile have just started some nice smart phones.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

im not sure what your post is about,are you looking to find out why there was a deposit or just venting?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

yeah i know,getting asked for deposits is dissapointing but so is life man nothing we can do about,same with a lot of companies but its all about your credit rating,got asked for a deposit but an electrical company,nothing i could do but pay it :(

Dont believe it's credit rating related. I've never had a missed payment on anything in my life. I'm on a salary that would be regarded as a high earner. Think it's a random thing. Maybe I should have posted this in mobiles and PDA rather than here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

jarvis wrote: »
    Hi

Just a bit of info on my disappointment today.
    Current with Vodafone up to 24mb at home with all calls etc and I'm with emobile 15/7 since the co started and schedule my weekly top up.
    I rand eircom just now, looking to move my home phone onto 8mb ngb with anytime calls and was offered €61.91 for 6 mths the €66.91
    I only wanted to do this in order to move from pre pay to bill pay on emobile €49 unlimited contract!
    I wasn't interested in forking out a deposit and thought I wouldn't need to since I'm with emobile from the start and have a scheduled top up that's consistent.
    Shocked me to find that they wanted a €100 deposit. This was a deal breaker for me as I'm not unhappy with my Vodafone home service, in fact, if I had returned to eircom it would be my 4th time going with them after E unsatisfactory experiences, so it was a big move for me.

Anyway, move hasnt happened!!!
    Seems like bad business to me, if they'd have gotten md to switch, I would have been contracted in committing €1380 per year between both home and mobile!!!

Ah well. Tesco mobile have just started some nice smart phones.

Hi jarvis
    yes I can understand your disapointment and sorry that the deposit was the issue which decided you. The deposit is not a credit rating and sounds as though you had no problems there. The deposit is in lieu of accounts set up without a direct debit facility and is refunded on the 7th bill. This is pretty standard on all accounts set up without direct debit facility.
    Does not help you now, but hope it does explain the reason.
    Regards
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi Tony
    Nit sure that is the issue either. I had provided sort code and account details in order to pay by direct debit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Tony
    Nit sure that is the issue either. I had provided sort code and account details in order to pay by direct debit!!

Hi jarvis,

Thanks again for contacting the eircom Board's Forum.

I will check this with my colleage, and we will advise again shortly.

Kind regards,

Ant

Hi Tony

Hi jarvis
    In that case a deposit is unusual.:confused:
    Am looking into this case and hope to have word Monday.
    Tony

Hi Tony

Hi Jarvis
    just to confirm..
    That the deposit was requested by e mobile when you requested to move to bill pay?
    Can you tell me if the agent you spoke with was online, on phone or at retail outlet? Did you get a name?
    I can see that you have spoken to Steve on e mobile thread regarding other issue, I have spoken to Steve and he suggests contacting him on the e mobile thread ( he has your details from previous case).
    Tony

Hi Tony
    It was on phone to 1901, think the guys name was Niall in sales dept. I find it really difficult to post on the emobile forums as it's full of java content and I'm accessing Thr net on my iPhone which goes beserk in the company of flash. So much so, that I can't even read the website never mind click on anything.

• Advertisement

Hi Tony
    It was on phone to 1901, think the guys name was Niall in sales dept. I find it really difficult to post on the emobile forums as it's full of java content and I'm accessing Thr net on my iPhone which goes beserk in the company of flash. So much so, that I can't even read the website never mind click on anything.

Hi Jarvis
    not sure if this helps but I have been given the address of credit controll for e mobile. This section cannot issue any information to me as to why you were asked for a deposit but will be happy to advise you.
    If you want to write to them the address is
    eMobile Credit Control
    8 Beckett Way
    Parkwest Business Park
    Clondalkin
    Dublin 22

Was Neill in sales asking for the deposit on the emobile account only or eircom line account?
    For e mobile issues
    this link will take you to dedicated e mobile thread on Boards.ie, as opposed to the e mobile forum and Steven will be happy to chase any further query.

Tony

Advertisement