Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigarette Burn on Laminate?

• 23-03-2011 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi just wondering does anybody have any tips on how to get rid of a cigarette burn off laminate wood flooring?What products to use etc?Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If its burned into the laminate and to the veneer then you can't get rid i'm afraid. in my own experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

electronic wrote: »
    Hi just wondering does anybody have any tips on how to get rid of a cigarette burn off laminate wood flooring?What products to use etc?Thanks

Not sure where you'd pick it up but likely in B&Q/Woodies etc. It's a repair kit for laminate floors involving a number of colours and a filler to fill the scratch/gouge or in this case ... burn.

Not sure of the instructions but in all likelyhood You'd need to sand damage down flush with the floor. Use a narrow strip of fine sandpaper folded around the tip of a screwdriver so you can limit sanding to just the damaged area. Play around with the colours/filler to get a close match and (probably) apply with a fine paintbrush. If there's a pattern you can probably paint something similar onto the filler using the range of colours

My sis has made quite noticeable scratches practically invisible this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭electronic

Thanks for the replies.I went to woodies and b&q and asked the lads if they had anything along those lines of what antisceptic suggested but unfortunately they didnt so back to square one.Id appreciate any suggestions good or bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

electronic wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.I went to woodies and b&q and asked the lads if they had anything along those lines of what antisceptic suggested but unfortunately they didnt so back to square one.Id appreciate any suggestions good or bad.

Google laminate-flooring-repair-kit. The webs a great place :)

Advertisement