Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disappering house

Options
  • 23-03-2011 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

so you will prob say im a nutter but when i was younger there was this very old run down cottage up a lane by my house, it was around famine age r so, anywho when i was about 13/14 i was walking through a field towards the house with a few friends and when we were approaching the lane i could see the house, the wall and chimney through the trees, i pointed this out to a friend who had never seen the house before (i was a bit obsessed with it no idea why lol), i wanted to show them it, it was a cute little house lol! but when i climbed over the hedge i looked up and the area where the house was was completely cleared out! the farmer had obviously cleared it but i couldnt understand and i still dont understand how i seen it just seconds before hand?!?! i know it wasent just the way the trees are because it was so clear the wall and the chimney and there wasent that many trees it was just a hedge with a few along it. i told my family and they just laughed at me :( i went through that field on the same path many times more and i have never seen it again, has anyone ever experienced something like that? maby i am a nutter :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

That was particularly difficult to read. House gets knocked down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭suzerxxx

im sorry i didnt really read it through before i posted, ya the house was knocked and the area was cleared there was nothing left

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i had an almost similar experience once when travelling along a road in Laois that I often travel. on one occasion I passed a really nice little thatched cottage, with chickens out the front of it - which at the time kinda startled me as I'd never seen it before. I almost even stopped to have a look, then decided that was a stupid idea since it was obviously always there and I'd just never noticed it before.

No such thatched cottage exists though, and Ive never seen it since, no matter how many times I drive down the same road.

it is very strange, i wonder if that cottage was there at one time? i dont understand it tho? what is it?

i have no idea. at a wild guess, i'd say a timeslip of somekind, though I have my doubts if such things are possible. the other possibility is some form of daydreaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

If you'd been used to seeing it then your brain probably just assumed that it was there. Like when you could have sworn that you saw your keys, or you say hello to your friend in the street and then realise that you've just said hi to a total stranger: your brain knows what 'should' be there and fills in any missing bits based on assumption.

maccored wrote: »
    i have no idea. at a wild guess, i'd say a timeslip of somekind, though I have my doubts if such things are possible. the other possibility is some form of daydreaming.

timeslip in Laois? thats everyday in Laois.

lol thanks for your replies! i could have imagined it, i was young, but it seemed very real to me!

Riamfada wrote: »
    timeslip in Laois? thats everyday in Laois.

spoken like a man who refers to everything outside dublin as 'down the country' - haha

actually its "down the bog"

• Advertisement

everywhere is down the country for us northerners

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

Sometimes such things looks to us just out of deja vu effects or personal perception which our mind try to develop about the things a person go through for responding faster to any possible scenario.

But in rare stances such exceptions do actually take place near centuries old haunted places.

Advertisement