Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Emigrating

Options
  • 23-03-2011 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been posted before plenty of times, I have read some other threads but they are dated and have been stale for a few years now.

Basically My Fiancee and Myself and daughter (5) are looking to emigrate to Australia.

My fiancee is in Uni at the moment and won't be finished for another couple of years (She went back as a mature student).

She will have a masters by the end of it. I have completed 2 years in DIT but never actually finished as I got a decent job in IT and have been doing it for the last 4 years. I am currently an IT manager in a big Irish organisation.

I am looking to see if people can tell us what type of Visa to go for?
    How long does the application take to process?
    How much does it cost for an application?

Both our professions Are on the skilled migrant visa list.
    We are both 25 / both be 28 when Emigrating.
    I have an Aunt who is a permanent resident who could sponsor us.

Would it be difficult for us to gain a visa to live and work there permanently?

Any help would be much appreciated, I have emailed off to the embassy and The department of Immigration for advice but have heard nothing back from them.

Thanks in advance.

User2 (Mods if this is in the wrong location can you please move it to the correct place please as I need information from other users, thanks :) )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Was I just called old and dated? When your moved be sure to read the FAQ on the forum. Sorry I would link it but I am on a mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭User2

Hi Zambia,

Sorry I meant the threads that a google search returned were old and dated... Im sure your a spring lamb ;) ....

So you reckon the thread will be moved, I will check out the forums you are a mod on and see if I can find some info..

Cheers

Advertisement