Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever met anyone famous in Waterford?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Met the main man Bono at blue o'sheas house when he lived in hillview, he was collection a motor bike from him we were all around 12/13.. Mad day.. Met Gabriel Byrne on the quay he asked myself and a mate for directions to tram ore..funny one my mate asked him who was kaiser sose...he just laughed at us and said watch the film again....
    I always thought it was David Bible that bono bought that off. Oops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Saw a few

The Human League
    The Smiths
    Paul Oakenfeld
    The Prodigy
    Saw Shannon Doherty walking by the Tower Hotel - it was only when she passed I copped who it was
    Paul Mcgrath
    Alex Higgins in the Butler
    Niall Quinn

But my main claim to fame was winning a backstage pass to meet Buster Bloodvessel of Bad Manners when they played in the Savoy about 30years ago - only about 40 people turned up which was a shame cos they were excellent - he was as mad off stage as well - really nice lad and he came out and met all my mates who were waiting outside:eek::eek::eek:

So it seems that Bad Manners are playing the Forum on May 3rd. I wonder how many of the original 40 who were at the gig in the Savoy all those years ago will be at the gig?

cowhands wrote: »
    I saw Mick Lally (RIP) - Miley from Glenroe a few years ago in Tesco Poleberry, I was really tempted to go over, but he didnt look in the best form and gave me a look like "I know you know who I am but please dont"...so I left it

One of his "Well Hoooollly Goddddd!!!" looks? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Was in Geoffs many years ago and there was a guy in there that was the image of Zammo out of Grange Hill. Eventually got talking to him and he swore he was him. To this day I can't say if it was him or not. I do recall he stank of BO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Heathen wrote: »
    I met him in a pub in Howth in Dublin... he was a complete gent to meet :)

I think Larry Mullen lives in Howth and owns a bar there, or did own a bar,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Walked into T&H's one night and Anna Friel and Darren day were sitting at the bar, I think she was engaged to him at the time.

I dont think anyone copped who they were :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 CaptainScauld

Val Doonican - was I was in the scouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

Met Liam Neeson, he was in town when Michael Collins was released.
    Met hector... He was looking for a bookies.
    The copper out of killinaskully.
    Jon kenny in geoff's ( D'unbelieveables)
    Pj Gallihgar buying a hoodie in city square.
    Des bishop strolling around ballybricken
    Met the old guy out of Charlie and the chocolate factory ( he was in glenrow too) he died recently.
    Paul mcgrath ( soccer player)
    Shane lynch there was a cannon ball run race on about 2 years ago ( boyzone)
    Georgia salpa
    Don Conroy ( painter rte)
    Derek mooney ( rte)

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

billy connolly in ormondes cafe dungarvan....a tosser of the highest degree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

hellfireie wrote: »
    Derek mooney ( rte)

I actually sold him broadband over the phone for the company I worked for haha - He actually finished the call the same as when he was on Winning Streak......"Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

I met Vijay Singh in the Ard Ri years ago. He was over for the Irish open in Mount Juliet & I met him in the bar sinking pints of Guinness. He was lovely in fairness to him & he wasn't as well known back then as he is now.

I met Greg Norman in Waterford Airport. He was over in his private jet & was allowing people on it for photos & was chatting to people for about 2 hours before he flew out. I have a lovely photo with him in the cockpit of his jet, he was an absolute gent.

I met all the Southampton soccer team out in Waterford Castle they were over for a pre season friendly against Waterford United around 1995. The whole squad was out playing golf & I nearly hit Francis Benali with a stray ball on the 18th. Him & Le Tissier were playing the 10th & I only realised who it was when I got close to them. I stuck around for about 2 hours to meet them all & got a signed jersey off the physio at the time.

Waterford Castle during the summer is usually a good place to meet different people, by chance I played a round with some American billionaire on a Saturday evening out there about 5 years ago. I didn't believe a word he was saying until I Googled him when I got home!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ilikeyourcow

I met former pro wrestler Gangrel in muldoons about 6 yrs ago!! Had a good chat with him about the sport!

John Hurt in ardkeen stores.

Paul mcgrath tried to fight me in rubys one night!!!! True story..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

I know a fella who knows Sean Kelly's bike

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

got a signed jersey off the physio

Why...was he famous too? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 guitarist14

Met the guy sheamus from WWE, think he's world champion now on it not sure. Nice fella tho, stopped and had a good chat with me and my mates.

Advertisement