Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking power washing recommendation

• 23-03-2011 12:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16

Hi folks

Am looking for a personal recommendation on someone to power wash a driveway and the outside of a house in Ennis town. Last time out the guy's equipment was too powerful and there was so much paint removed from the exterior of the house I had to repaint - an expense I hadn't bargained on! Would appreciate any steer ye can give me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Not being smart but a decent power washer will lift loose paint, you could always buy one but make sure it is 1000 psi pressure or less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

or you could just keep the washer back further from the paintwork,

i think that chap was pulling the wool over your eyes by suggesting it was too powerful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 bannergirl

Cheers guys. Good points all round!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Not 100% sure but i think you can hire one from Clare Hire

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 bannergirl

Cheers maiden

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 the wallet

bannergirl wrote: »
    Hi folks

Am looking for a personal recommendation on someone to power wash a driveway and the outside of a house in Ennis town. Last time out the guy's equipment was too powerful and there was so much paint removed from the exterior of the house I had to repaint - an expense I hadn't bargained on! Would appreciate any steer ye can give me.
    HI i used a company called t&w paving maintenance great service nd great job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Power washers are relatively cheap now, would you consider buying one and doing the job yourself. I bought a Karcher power washer a couple of years ago and I use it all the time to power wash the house, paths and cars.

Advertisement