Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seanad Debate :: Compulsory Irish

• 23-03-2011 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I’m a big supporter of compulsory Irish but I also believe the Leaving Certificate curriculum should be loosened up and expanded to include more conversation, music and dance. These might be alternative exam streams in Irish in the Leaving Certificate.

As to Irish being compulsory for entry into university, it possibly should be, but obviously for Irish residents only and there should be exemptions granted for students with learning difficulties, etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

This is really the wrong forum for discussion on Irish. I'd suggest either the Irish forum (Gaeilge), or the Leaving Cert, or the Politics forum!

Advertisement