Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body&Soul 2011

Options
  • 23-03-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd start a thread on B&S2011 as most other Irish festivels have one!

Peculiar but interesting lienup this year....
    Some of the acts I've only started listening too and they are gems!
    Mount Kimbie & brandt brauer frick in particular.

I'm going anyway. It's cheaper, nearer and has the same vibe as EP but on a much smaller scale. :cool:

Who else is heading??! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I'm going! I never get tired of seeing Plaid play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

cosmic wrote: »
    I'm going! I never get tired of seeing Plaid play :)
    Only seen them once in VicarsSt. years ago...
    DJ set. quite mainstream too, vaguely remember them dropping Alter Ego#s Ricker! :P

kormak wrote: »
    Only seen them once in VicarsSt. years ago...
    DJ set. quite mainstream too, vaguely remember them dropping Alter Ego#s Ricker! :P

Nice :) They usually put on some really nice visuals. If they did an AV set or something at a festival like Body and Soul it would be amazing!

I've a feeling brandt brauer frick are gonna put on a special live show!

All in all, I reckon the whole thing's going to be awesome. Let's hope it's sunny!

Oh, did anyone go last year? Waht's the parking like? I plan on driving up.

• Advertisement

cosmic wrote: »
    All in all, I reckon the whole thing's going to be awesome. Let's hope it's sunny!

Oh, did anyone go last year? Waht's the parking like? I plan on driving up.

I wen for one day... last minute job!
    there's ample parking, v easy to get to...
    ohh and last year it was probably one of the warmest days of the year! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

is it exactly like body and soul at ep? Is there a big holistic buzz about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sparkotardelli

Is there anybody from Derry planning on heading to this? I'm from Dublin myself but I'll be in Derry on Saturday June 18th and heading to the festival from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

Hey guys, seriously thinking about going to this, looks like such a nice, chilled festival with a good vibe and some good acts. But I have some questions for those of you who've gone before:
    Are there additional costs for things like the yoga and dance classes?
    Are there usually a lot of families?

I'm 18 and thinking of heading with some other studenty types.

Just trying to suss it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 starlight baby

Hi, I'm thinking of heading to this with children, few questions for anybody that has attended it before, would appreciate some feedback.

What is the quiet campsite like? If I go in a camper van can I stay in the quiet area or will I be in a designated campervan area, even with children?

What kind of distance is there between the camping area and the festival itself (for little legs).

And overall, is it very child friendly in terms of crowds (ie not very crowded apart from stage areas obv) or is it quite spread out?

Be great if someone could give me a few pointers, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ekav

Hey there
    Went to this last year and brought my 3 year old. It couldn't have been more child friendly, loads of kids & a completely chilled out vibe. You will have no worries in that respect.
    Also the camping area was right beside the arena last year. I don't know anything about the camper van or quiet campsites, we just camped in the normal campsite last year. There was no madness in the campsite though, there was good craic to be had but you could sleep alright. My other half took a walk to the quiet campsite & he said it was just the same as where we were, its such a small site that everywhere was close to the arena so you could hear the music in the quiet campsite too apparently.
    This is the best festival I've ever been to & the little lad had a ball, definitely bringing him again this year. Oh and its not crowded at all.
    Cant wait for it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

I went to this last year and I must say it was the best festival I have ever been to. So well organised, spotless campsite and festival grounds. All the usual quirky body & soul stuff. And of course the weather made it.
    Only issue I had was with the food vendors being a bit limited and running
    out of food sunday evening. Though I'm sure that will be addressed this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

I want to go to this festival but I dont want to go on my own. Are people here interested going?

Leelaa22 wrote: »
    I want to go to this festival but I dont want to go on my own. Are people here interested going?

Yeah I'm going, with my wife. So it might be a bit....ya know

it will be fine, I wont take up much room and yous wont even notice the video camera lol

Woo got my tickets! Really wish I was sharing the tent with a certain someone but oh well. Will still be a great time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Resurrecting this thread now that the festival is getting closer.

Met Eireann are predicting fierce nice weather so I hope their forecast is right! Nothing quite like a sunny music festival.

Does anyone know what the alcohol policy is? The website is a bit contradictory - it says you can bring a max of one crate of beer per person but in another section it says you can't bring alcohol in. Perhaps they mean you can bring your own booze to the campsite but not to the stages? Any clarification would be great, thanks!

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Resurrecting this thread now that the festival is getting closer.

Met Eireann are predicting fierce nice weather so I hope their forecast is right! Nothing quite like a sunny music festival.

Does anyone know what the alcohol policy is? The website is a bit contradictory - it says you can bring a max of one crate of beer per person but in another section it says you can't bring alcohol in. Perhaps they mean you can bring your own booze to the campsite but not to the stages? Any clarification would be great, thanks!

as far I as I know its that you can drink at the campsite but you cant bring it into the venues

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

You can usually bring drink in to the venue after the bars have closed at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

I was at it last year and you could bring drink into the main site/stages after 11ish, when the bars closed. Well worth going to, It's the nicest Irish festival I've been at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Got my tickets. Lookin forward to this now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Went last year. Brilliant festival, bought my ticket for this year's festival ages ago. I hope the weather is good, got fairly burnt last year though. Two days of pure sunshine and nowhere to hide from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 saol

Does anyone know if you can buy Sunday day tickets at the gate?

can't make this on the sunday, anyone if I can get a saturday only ticket?Would really like to check this out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Just got my ticket, plus a seat for the banquet on Sunday. Must see if I can rustle up a mask for the Masquerade ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭AnonMous

I CANNOT wait for this festival :-) I won tickets to it last year, but had to get stretchered out of there on the Sunday as I couldn't walk. I had a really bad back problem so genuinely can't wait to get fully immersed in it this year, pain free :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sfag31

Myself and a pal are going.
    Leelaa - if you (or anyone else) would like to split a drink or two we'll be starting of at one of the bars - get into the zone so to speak.

Re questions about kids. yes there were kids last year but they tend to be young - I took mine which were 10 & 12 and they were probably they only ones around that age. They're too old this year so no kids and the missus doesent wanna go if there is no sun.
    It was good last year - the sun scorched down and vibe was nice and chilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

Really looking forward to this now - hoping the weather is gonna be as good as last year.
    Who are people most looking forward to seeing? Mine are probably The Field, Plaid and Guillaume & the Coutu Dumonts

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

im coming from galway to this but i dont have a clue how to get there- i dont suppose anyone would have room for 2 in their car? will pay for petrol!

• Advertisement

http://www.bodyandsoul.ie/runningorderbodysoulmainstage

There's already clashes for me! :confused:
    Mount Kimbie vs. Joris Voorn on Sunday night....

anyways really looking forward to it.
    Weather looks v ominous! :rolleyes:

Top must sees are:
    Fat Freddy's Drop
    Plaid
    The Field
    Mount Kimbie
    Joris Voorn
    Brandt Brauer Frick

Advertisement