Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a 600

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

my restriction lifted in Dec

now if only the gf restriction on my wallet would do the same... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Wossack wrote: »
    very nice cbr6f's can be had for little money, for example:

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/1900604

great commuters, and look fantastic for somewhat elderly bikes

Are they good for commuting though? I thought they're only good when in high revs at high speed and would be annoying in city traffic. More maintenance involved on one of these compared to the other bikes mentioned?

you might be confusing this with a cbr600rr, which yes, is a good bit more of a commited sports bike (depending on the year, later ones are considerably more comfortable)

the cbr600f has a great seating position, alot more upright then you'd imagine just looking at the bike parked up, and the engine will do what ya like.. no guttless in low rev type R6 lump in them

Maintenace, I'm not sure about. Same engine I'm sure as whats in the hornets (maybe in a higher state of tune), so wouldnt be too different I'd imagine

Build quality is great in these though also, so would certainly alleviate (or perhaps make cheaper) the running and maintenance costs

Heard if the RR and the F versions but I thought the only difference was engine performance and suspension etc. and still thought both were sports bikes really.

I was on the back of a CBRF before, lethal speed outta them!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭turbojunkie

Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat all the way!! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

KamiKazi wrote: »
    That's about €600 overpriced, I got this for €1,900 a few months ago

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336f60c0f0132d2b1cdabefe72e0b793494.jpg

Incidentally, it'll be up for sale shortly if anyone's interested :P
    Drop me a line when you're selling. I'm in the market for one of these and she looks well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Drop me a line when you're selling. I'm in the market for one of these and she looks well.

Will do fella.

Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat all the way!! :cool:

aye good call

early ninjas were more tourers then sports too iirc

Thundercat sounds like a legend of a bike there's not a whole lot for sale though and parts will be hard to get.

Hard to make up mind! I think I'm edging towards SV 650 as a bit newer and easier to maintain I'd imagine.

Kamikazi give me a shout too if im still not sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭defiant12

Keith186 wrote: »
    Thundercat sounds like a legend of a bike there's not a whole lot for sale though and parts will be hard to get.

Hard to make up mind! I think I'm edging towards SV 650 as a bit newer and easier to maintain I'd imagine.

Kamikazi give me a shout too if im still not sorted!

You don't have to worry about parts availability for a 'Cat, where did you get that idea?

I've owned both a 'Cat and an SV. In my experience both bikes are easy to maintain and the Yamaha wins for reliability.
    The Suzuki is more likely to let you down and the build quality is ****e...

• Advertisement

Seen on reviewcentre.com, some irish guy said he struggled to get parts for it, otherwise a savage bike.

Are fairings handy enough to take off on it? I only had naked bikes so far.
    Is it reliable starting it in winter? Cats don't like the cold!
    Seen a few 98 ones on donedeal and the one on Dublin looks ok.

Fairings can be a bit fiddly but just add 5 - 10 minutes to any job.
    Cold starts were never an issue but they do suffer from carb icing.
    They are a great all-round bike and give very little trouble.
    Like a lot of bikes the downpipes rot and second gear can wear

Nice one, good to know.
    Latest years I seen online are 98's so they'll probably have a fair bit of rot by now if they were gonna get it bad.

If there's no decent Thundercats do ye reckon a Fazer would be a good sevond option?

The Fazers use a de-tuned Thundercat engine and share a lot of parts, also a very good bike.

It's down to what kind of bike you want. You won't go wrong with a tidy CBR600F or a 'Cat. If you want a naked bike then a Fazer/Hornet are ideal.
    You should get mint examples of any of these bikes at the upper end of your budget...

I'm looking at a 2004 Fazer 600 tomorrow for a bit over €2k.

There's only been a couple 04's floating around at that price, first guy never came back to me after arranging a deal subject to inspection.

Any tips on what to look out for. I was doing some googling and found it was being advertised as far back as Oct 10 and then in Jan 11. Should I be worried now? :confused:

The 04 Fazer was a piece of dirt, very poor condition.

Ended up getting a low mileage mint 99 Hornet 600 for €1850 in the end so happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Keith186 wrote: »
    The 04 Fazer was a piece of dirt, very poor condition.

Ended up getting a low mileage mint 99 Hornet 600 for €1850 in the end so happy out!

Happy days.

When will we see you out on the roads?

P.C. wrote: »
    Happy days.

When will we see you out on the roads?

Yesterday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sweet well done on the hornet.....hope you have many a happy "Lifesaver" on it. :D

Advertisement