Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isn't Galway such a wonderful place in the sunshine..

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It last rained in Galway at 0930 on 16 February.
    That's 4 days with no rain so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Thanks to Evelyn and her Blocking Highs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

snubbleste wrote: »
    That's 4 days with no rain [SIZE="1"]so far[/SIZE]

If the forecasts at the moment are correct then we might not see any real rain for the rest of the month. Gonna get a lot colder from tomorrow but the high isn't going anywhere any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It was lovely along the prom this morning around 9am with the sun shining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

Tuesday Evening, very unfebuary like

DSC_0189-1.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

That's 4 days with no rain [SIZE="1"]so far[/SIZE]

Was wondering this when walking to work yesterday, with the unusually high build up of dog poo on the footpath!

5 days now! Did you get that time from a met website or personal observations?

J o e wrote: »
    Was wondering this when walking to work yesterday, with the unusually high build up of dog poo on the footpath!

5 days now! Did you get that time from a met website or personal observations?

The dog fouling build-up would be a combination of more walkers and less rain/wind to clean up their mess after them, I imagine.

IIRC, John Eagleton of Met Eireann said on Morning Ireland today that's it's been a year since we had weather like this (ie no rain for days on end).

Or do I have that wrong, and it's actually been much longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    The dog fouling build-up would be a combination of more walkers and less rain/wind to clean up their mess after them, I imagine.

IIRC, John Eagleton of Met Eireann said on Morning Ireland today that's it's been a year since we had weather like this (ie no rain for days on end).

Or do I have that wrong, and it's actually been much longer?

Enjoy summer while it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's been a week without rain now (and one day without wind). The water in the Docks was completely still a few hours ago.
    Won't be long before the drought.

Another bright sunny day ahead today by the looks of it, checked the latest forecast and there's still no sign of any rain up to next weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Notch000 wrote: »
    Tuesday Evening, very unfebuary like

Hey, I totally stole those pictures for facebook cover photos, is there a name I or website I can credit them to?

There's a full moon illuminating the place tonight..

Seaneh wrote: »
    Hey, I totally stole those pictures for facebook cover photos, is there a name I or website I can credit them to?[/QUOT

not really no

Hey, I totally stole those pictures for facebook cover photos, is there a name I or website I can credit them to?[/QUOT

not really no

Gah, not even a flikr account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

only been to Galway twice, such a lovely city, wanna live their someday! would love to be up there today:( ye lucky galway people !

only been to Galway twice, such a lovely city, wanna live their someday! would love to be up there today:( ye lucky galway people !

It's totally overcast and grey today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

I wouldn't like to be anywhere in else in Ireland during the one week of sunshine that Galway gets each year.There's nothing like spending a day on the beach in Salthill, spending the evening in the Spanish Arch and finally heading into town.

Gah, not even a flikr account?

oh sorry they are hosted on a photobucket account user Notch000, not sure if its public or not tho

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

A more realistic view of galway! I think a thread of "galway in the rain" would be much more authentic! :pac:
    VmE2Azg.png

Venice of the West? Very, er, atmospheric.

It just needs the addition of some tourists being rowed down Shop Street in a currach...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

The rain comes splish-splashing down the town in a Galway fashion...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Around 4-30 yesterday every seat outside Neactains was taken and one of the dormant boats on the docks had it's sail up. First time I've seen either happening in months.
    That's what this thread is about I think. Let's hope it continues.

That's 4 days with no rain so far

Still hasn't been a drop of rain since then, 16 days and counting. Looks like another couple of dry days ahead before we're back to the usual Atlantic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Feck 2012

EndIsNear1.jpg

Just hit 20.1°C :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Just hit 20.1°C :)

255959.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

antoobrien wrote: »
    255959.jpg

It's a bit hot, isn't it! :p

Been eight days without rain..so far.
    Loving this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Went down to Blackrock for a quick dip. Jaysus, t'was packed full of young ones. I was told numerous times that I apparently look like the wrestler, Sheamus. I prefer the Damien Lewis comparison, but beggars can't be choosers and all that! :cool:

• Advertisement

Is the precious raft out yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement