Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

There is a couple of games on this weekend that should decide the final qualifiers for the pan munster from the various regions at 17s/19s.
    Highfield play Charleville in a south 17s 1/4 with the winner getting a place in the pan munster.
    After christmas before the leagues are back, in leinster a round of the Shane Horgan Cup that decides next septembers leinster youths will be played on january 5th in ashbourne rfc. Metro play N. Midlands at 11.30am
    and the North East play the South East at 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭muscleshirt

ormond lad wrote: »
    There is a couple of games on this weekend that should decide the final qualifiers for the pan munster from the various regions at 17s/19s.
    Highfield play Charleville in a south 17s 1/4 with the winner getting a place in the pan munster.
    After christmas before the leagues are back, in leinster a round of the Shane Horgan Cup that decides next septembers leinster youths will be played on january 5th in ashbourne rfc. Metro play N. Midlands at 11.30am
    and the North East play the South East at 1pm.
    any word yet on the final irish club youths selection ?

any word yet on the final irish club youths selection ?
    They have a training camp tomorrow in ashbourne, after this weekend a 23-man squad will be named for a three-day training camp later this month, with a final squad then being announced for the game against the Italy u18s in Rovigo on February 18.

They have a training camp tomorrow in ashbourne, after this weekend a 23-man squad will be named for a three-day training camp later this month, with a final squad then being announced for the game against the Italy u18s in Rovigo on February 18.
    lets hope a few munster lads make it

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cassey

does anyone know whats going on with the irish 19s this year, the lads put forward from munster were very limited, munster 19s were quiet strong in particular there no. 6 gleeson and seeminly he didnt get to trials .. but yet playing well with shannon 19s and 21s etc... seems a little strange, there is a couple of others that stood out during interpros and didnt get called.

• Advertisement

cassey wrote: »
    does anyone know whats going on with the irish 19s this year, the lads put forward from munster were very limited, munster 19s were quiet strong in particular there no. 6 gleeson and seeminly he didnt get to trials .. but yet playing well with shannon 19s and 21s etc... seems a little strange, there is a couple of others that stood out during interpros and didnt get called.
    Dont know if there is any irish 19s games, there was only 1 u19s/20s development game last season which was a game against an english u19s academies team played at the end of december last year. Theres no mention anywhere of any game like that for this season. There is no 19s 6 nations or tournament in easter like 20s/18s.
    Cronan subbed for shannons first team in charity cup final tonight(pity he's still not with nenagh as he'd be starting on our first team if he was), he'll do well and be noticed if he plays in a few games for them

Waterpark won 17-0 against Dungarvan in the East u17 League final for their 3rd east u17 title in a row

Under 17 League Final
    16 December 2011, 9:01 am
    By The Editor

Waterpark claimed the East Munster Under 17 league title last Sunday against neighbours Dungarvan.

Courtesy of David Bowe, Waterpark RFC Waterpark 17 Dungarvan 0
    The home side got off to a good start with a successful penalty from Gareth Molloy. Both packs worked hard for possession with the Dungarvanbackline running a lot of ball with the wind at their backs.
    A good defensive display in the first half gave Waterpark a slight advantage at half time.
    The second half was dominated by Waterpark forwards with the backs also upping their work rate. A number of pick and drives lead to a great break by prop Dylan Power which lead to Brian Kenny scoring the games first try under the posts, Gareth Molloy kicked the convertion.
    Waterpark continued to attack the Dungarvan line with a good backline move ending with Daniel O'Driscoll scoring, again Molloy added the extras.
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/9818.php

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭rugby_fan

Anyone know has the squad been cut?

rugby_fan wrote: »
    Anyone know has the squad been cut?
    Its been cut, i believe the squad for the training squad and game v irish schools that meets next week will be announced tomorrow

Its been cut, i believe the squad for the training squad and game v irish schools that meets next week will be announced tomorrow

Ok thanks, players have probably been notified so,
    Match v Irish schools should be interesting

• Advertisement

any rumours on the munster lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 exile17

Just to follow up on what had been mentioned, all the boys know if they have been successful.
    Some doubt on actual number in the squad either 25 to be cut to 23
    Believe 5 exiles in the squad

Any news on any other players that made the squad?

Any news on any other players that made the squad?
    I've only heard about two lads from Munster
    Sure there are more but can't get any more info. Sorry

exile17 wrote: »
    Thats a joke if true, That means they'll have the lowest rep of all the provinces when they certainly were not the worst team in the interpros

As I said there are more lads selected but I
    know the names of two

Thats a joke if true, That means they'll have the lowest rep of all the provinces when they certainly were not the worst team in the interpros
    As I said there are more lads selected but can't get any more details.

As I said I only know of two but sure there are more.
    If youlook at the squad that was selected for the training camp youll see the number of Munster lads, so from that squad either 5 or 8 to be dropped.

how many exiles made it ?

So as I was saying the numbers from the camp will either be 18 /20 plus the exiles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 skip64

I understnad that 5 Munster lads made it to camp-3....28th/29th/30th Dec Ashbourne. 5 Exiles... rest i have no idea. Game v Schools 30th.... “Beannachtai na Nollag, agus na h Athbhliana”

A 24 man squad has been named for the Ireland U-18 Clubs training camp and match against the Ireland U-18 Schools.

The training camp takes place over the holiday period and culminates with a match against the Ireland U-18 School side on December 30th in Donnybrook. The Ireland U-18 Clubs will play their Italian counterparts on February 18th in Rovigo.
    Ireland U-18 Club Training Squad
    Joe Bercis - Exiles
    Caolin Blade - Monivea
    Russell Blair - Ballymoney
    Adam Byrne - Naas
    Fergal Cleary - Navan
    Brian Cunningham - Navan
    Stephen Dalton - Exiles
    Peter Dooley - Birr
    Adrian Enright - Abbeyfeale
    Scott Flannagan - Buccaneers
    Seamus Keating - Dungarvan
    John Madigan - Charleville
    Leon Martin - Tullamore
    Paul O'Donnell - Galwegians
    Jack O'Donohue - Waterpark
    Sean O'Hagan - Exiles
    Killian O'Keeffe - Crosshaven
    James O'Sullivan - Whitgift
    Reuben Pepperhobbs - Westport
    Killian Sweeney - Malahide
    Frankie Taggart - Whitgift
    Jacob Walsh - Ballinasloe
    Alex Webb - Exiles
    Jim White - Enniscorthy

A 24 man squad has been named for the Ireland U-18 Clubs training camp and match against the Ireland U-18 Schools.

The training camp takes place over the holiday period and culminates with a match against the Ireland U-18 School side on December 30th in Donnybrook. The Ireland U-18 Clubs will play their Italian counterparts on February 18th in Rovigo.
    Ireland U-18 Club Training Squad
    Joe Bercis - Exiles
    Caolin Blade - Monivea
    Russell Blair - Ballymoney
    Adam Byrne - Naas
    Fergal Cleary - Navan
    Brian Cunningham - Navan
    Stephen Dalton - Exiles
    Peter Dooley - Birr
    Adrian Enright - Abbeyfeale
    Scott Flannagan - Buccaneers
    Seamus Keating - Dungarvan
    John Madigan - Charleville
    Leon Martin - Tullamore
    Paul O'Donnell - Galwegians
    Jack O'Donohue - Waterpark
    Sean O'Hagan - Exiles
    Killian O'Keeffe - Crosshaven
    James O'Sullivan - Whitgift
    Reuben Pepperhobbs - Westport
    Killian Sweeney - Malahide
    Frankie Taggart - Whitgift
    Jacob Walsh - Ballinasloe
    Alex Webb - Exiles
    Jim White - Enniscorthy
    Leinster 7, exiles 6, munster 5, connacht 3 and ulster 1 is about right based on the interpros i saw

thoughts on any players to keep an eye out for in this squad?

thoughts on any players to keep an eye out for in this squad?
    Dooley, Madigan, Jack O Donoghue are 3 id keep an eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 36 skip64

Ormond Lad... you must be a forward... a #1 , 5 & 8... I am sure all the others are good guys as well... otherwise they would not be there. lads that came throught Club,Divisional, Prov & now selected for possible International... before we forget lets congratulate all the lads and thier parents...

skip64 wrote: »
    Ormond Lad... you must be a forward... a #1 , 5 & 8... I am sure all the others are good guys as well... otherwise they would not be there. lads that came throught Club,Divisional, Prov & now selected for possible International... before we forget lets congratulate all the lads and thier parents...
    I am. also have to congratulate their club coaches for putting in the work to help those players attain their skills

Skip64
    Have to agree whole heartily with your comments
    Well done to all for getting to this stage.
    As to who to watch, simple All of them
    They have proven to be the best

Skip64
    Have to agree whole heartily with your comments
    Well done to all for getting to this stage.
    As to who to watch, simple All of them
    They have proven to be the best
    I know they all have proven to be the best but i feel the 3 ive named have real potential to step up and go far. Jack O D esp,

• Advertisement

The three that you have mentioned are talented.
    However there are a few more that you will not be aware of that
    also have potential, yes some from the exiles but when I watched the interpro's you could see the talent on display

Advertisement