Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭rugby_fan

19s premier is very hard to call with nothing between the sides so it's hard to pick a winner from any of the matches

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

Yes the 19 Premier is going to be a close call but I will say R&B Rebels.

In the 17 Premier it's hard to see Navan being beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 skip64

Hello "Ormond Lad" - went to see the Under 17 Matches in Garryown last week. East V North & South v West...
    the North looked good.. strong. rang out convincing winners against East. Think i saw 8 Bruff players playing for the North at one stage. unless i hahve my socks colours wrong...

Pan Munster Under 17... will wait to see the first round of results. But if Bruff have 8 on the North Team then i think they must have a good bunch of lads at this age group. with "The Bull" now in pasture he may be lending a hand :-)
    Point taken on the Munster lads on Irish Youths... great to see a WaterPark man Captain for the Clubs v Schools.. (Jack O'D). GREAT GUY!

BigHeel wrote: »
    Yes the 19 Premier is going to be a close call but I will say R&B Rebels.

In the 17 Premier it's hard to see Navan being beaten.

Haven't seen the R and B rebels play but have heard they are quiet a strong outfit alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

skip64 wrote: »
    Hello "Ormond Lad" - went to see the Under 17 Matches in Garryown last week. East V North & South v West...
    the North looked good.. strong. rang out convincing winners against East. Think i saw 8 Bruff players playing for the North at one stage. unless i hahve my socks colours wrong...

Pan Munster Under 17... will wait to see the first round of results. But if Bruff have 8 on the North Team then i think they must have a good bunch of lads at this age group. with "The Bull" now in pasture he may be lending a hand :-)
    Point taken on the Munster lads on Irish Youths... great to see a WaterPark man Captain for the Clubs v Schools.. (Jack O'D). GREAT GUY!
    wouldnt be surprised if they have that many, from friends who've seen them play they are a fine side.
    East not as good as previous years.
    Great to see Jacko doing well, munster will have their eye on him for further representation after the work thats been put into him from when he was u15s and on cadets
    Hope 19s pan munster draw is this week as really want to see how the likes of nenagh, 'park, bandon, shannon fare and who they get in draw

East 19s final on sunday should be a very good game. C'mon Nenagh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Please tell me Jack O'D is a big, somewhat overly aggressive backrower?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Please tell me Jack O'D is a big, somewhat overly aggressive backrower?

Big - yes! Aggresive - could do with a bit of work. He's a smashing lad and rumours are he's being offered a contract by Munster next year.

R&B Rebels 15 6 Carlow
    Wicklow 18 26 Boyne
    Enniscorthy 29 8Navan
    Naas 17 19 Gorey

kensutz wrote: »
    Big - yes! Aggresive - could do with a bit of work. He's a smashing lad and rumours are he's being offered a contract by Munster next year.

Not another nice guy, ffs. Munster are loaded down with nice guys, can't we get a Ger Earls type monster anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭muscleshirt

abbeyfeale lost to waterpark u17 p/m 15-5 ,nil all half time
    tralee drew 17 all with sun/well

• Advertisement

Thomond beat thurles 7-5

Leinster U19 Premier Semi Final fixtures:

R & B Rebels v Boyne
    Enniscorthy v Gorey

Not another nice guy, ffs. Munster are loaded down with nice guys, can't we get a Ger Earls type monster anymore?
    Waterpark beat Nenagh 15-6. wasnt at game but heard nengh had a definite try ruled out when they were 6-0 up and if it had been given they would prob of won.
    Was also told one of the nenagh back row and jack o d were unbelievable

Jack O Don is underage for munster 19s next sept but has been called up to mun 20s

Some serious talent out in Nenagh atm, from what I hear. How's the lad that went to Shannon, Gleeson, getting on?

Some serious talent out in Nenagh atm, from what I hear. How's the lad that went to Shannon, Gleeson, getting on?
    couldnt tell ya
    Pan Munster draw for 19s has been made

Avonmore SuperMilk Under 19 League Group A
    Waterpark
    St Senans
    Bandon
    Castleisland
    22/01/12
    St Senans Bandon
    Waterpark Castleisland

Group B
    Young Munster
    Nenagh Ormond
    Shannon-St Marys
    Kanturk
    21/01/12
    Kanturk Young Munster
    22/01/12
    Shannon-St Marys Nenagh

Group C
    Garryowen
    Clonmel
    Cobh Pirates
    Team 1
    21/01/12
    Cobh Pirates Garryowen
    Team 1 Clonmel

Group D
    Bruff
    Tralee
    Highfield
    Cashel - Thurles
    21/01/12
    Tralee Highfield
    22/01/12
    Cashel-Thurles Bruff

Leinster U19 Play-off Results

Premier Quarter-Finals
    R & B Rebels 15 – 6 Co. Carlow
    Wicklow 18 – 26 Boyne
    Enniscorthy 29 – 8 Navan
    Naas 17 – 19 Gorey

Div 1 Quarter-Finals
    Ratoath 47 – 0 Cill Dara
    Wexford 47 – 0 Balbriggan
    Longford 18 – 18 Athy

Leinster U17 Play-off Results:

Premier Q-Finals
    Gorey A 10 – 17 Naas A
    Mullingar A 27 – 0 Wicklow
    Wexford A 19 – 12 Dundalk

Div 1 Q-Finals
    Ashbourne 40 – 0 Cill Dara
    North Kildare A 5 – 12 Longford
    Birr 25 – 10 Tullow
    Roscrea 29 – 8 Boyne B

Div 2 S-Finals
    Clane 12 – 15 North Kildare B
    Wexford B 24 – 5 Mullingar B

Group 1
    Waterpark 15 Abbeyfeale 5
    Young Munster 0 Highfield 46
    Group 2
    Clonakilty 53 Killarney 0
    Bruff 50 Dungarvan 0
    Group 3
    Kanturk 15 Ennis 10
    Listowel 7 Clonmel 20
    Group 4
    Tralee 17 Sundays Well 17
    Thurles 5 Thomond 7

North East lead Shane Horgan Inter Area League...
    16 January 2012, 2:15 pm
    By Editor

Shane Horgan Inter Area competition is gathering pace with the North East leading on 14 points, 5 points clear of North Midlands, ahead of the next round of matches in February...

The 5 Areas consisting of Metro, Midlands, North Midlands, North East and South East.
    Each area consist of CDO, conditioning coach and area coaches who are volunteers from the clubs.
    The Midlands lie in third place (on 6 points) followed by the South East and Metro regions who each share a point.
    The selected players in each area attend these five regional centres every second Monday night and all the sessions consist of skills and supervised conditioning. Also, as part of the development programme, players participate in the Shane Horgan Cup during the season.
    This programme is part of the Youth player pathway and we would like to thank all the clubs for their support during the season and for the use of their facilities.
    Results & Fixtures:
    Round 1: (Monday, September 12th)
    Midlands 14–17 North Midlands (Tullamore RFC)
    North East 38–7 Metro (Malahide RFC)
    Round 2: (Wednesday, November 2nd)
    North East 19–13 North Midlands (Tullamore RFC)
    Midlands 22–5 South East (Tullamore RFC)
    Round 3: (Thursday, January 5th)
    North Midlands 17–10 Metro (Ashbourne RFC)
    North East 27-24 South East (Ashbourne RFC)
    Round 4: (Wednesday, February 15th)
    Metro v Midlands (Cill Dara RFC - TBC)
    North Midlands v South East (Cill Dara RFC - TBC)
    Round 5: (Wednesday, April 4th)
    North East v Midlands (Carlow IT)
    South East v Metro (Carlow IT)
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/9270.php

ormond lad wrote: »
    North East lead Shane Horgan Inter Area League...
    16 January 2012, 2:15 pm
    By Editor

Shane Horgan Inter Area competition is gathering pace with the North East leading on 14 points, 5 points clear of North Midlands, ahead of the next round of matches in February...

The 5 Areas consisting of Metro, Midlands, North Midlands, North East and South East.
    Each area consist of CDO, conditioning coach and area coaches who are volunteers from the clubs.
    The Midlands lie in third place (on 6 points) followed by the South East and Metro regions who each share a point.
    Round 4: (Wednesday, February 15th)
    Metro v Midlands (Cill Dara RFC - TBC)
    North Midlands v South East (Cill Dara RFC - TBC)
    Round 5: (Wednesday, April 4th)
    North East v Midlands (Carlow IT)
    South East v Metro (Carlow IT)
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/9270.php

IMO this competition will be decided on the last day by the North East v Midlands match.

Anyone hear did many leinster players make the irish youths for Italy match?..squad still not posted on website:/

• Advertisement

rugby_fan wrote: »
    Anyone hear did many leinster players make the irish youths for Italy match?..squad still not posted on website:/
    6 or 7, im not sure. there is def 5 munster lads though

Are Ireland at home for this? Any idea what date it's on?

Are Ireland at home for this? Any idea what date it's on?

No they are away for this match, the only match they have at home is in April against France!

No they are away for this match, the only match they have at home is in April against France!
    April 5th in st marys dublin

ormond lad wrote: »
    6 or 7, im not sure. there is def 5 munster lads though

Thanks..roughly the same as the last squad for match against schools so?

Thanks..roughly the same as the last squad for match against schools so?
    Id say the squad for the schools game with 1 or 2 additions is the squad for the internationals

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

Have a young nephew playing for Highfield against Waterpark next Saturday at U 17, he tells me Waterpark are the current All Ireland Champions, I presume some of the team that won it are now u 19, equally I presume Waterpark will be VERY GOOD

Yeah their whole underage set up is pretty tasty.

Catalpa1 wrote: »
    Have a young nephew playing for Highfield against Waterpark next Saturday at U 17, he tells me Waterpark are the current All Ireland Champions, I presume some of the team that won it are now u 19, equally I presume Waterpark will be VERY GOOD
    Waterpark won the 17s all ireland in 2010, so all that team is u19 this season and all of them won a munster title in 2011 at either 19s or 17s. They are good but considering your nephews team beat the cookies by nearly 50 points at the weekend ye should give them a very good game, like highfield teams always do.

Hopefully there is some coverage and match reports of the games up on munster rugby after this weekend as there has been very little so far which is disapointting for munsters premier youth competitions especially when there has been a few pieces up on the schools cups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

Thanks for that Ormond, yes I was surprised they beat Munsters by that score, Highfield are well coached, handy pack and a good back line but I think they may have the "All Ireland champions" in their head, so a bit of psychology needed if they hope to compete.

Advertisement