Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭muscleshirt

ormond lad wrote: »
    My brother was at the trial. There was a game with 3 periods of 30 minutes to account for over 100 lads at the trial.
    Anyone who is in school can play,age doesnt matter
    that was a big turn out? could be a very good side this year
    wonder who is the coach this year,last year they had eoin cahill the shannon snr back coach he did a brilliant job with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

that was a big turn out? could be a very good side this year
    wonder who is the coach this year,last year they had eoin cahill the shannon snr back coach he did a brilliant job with them
    brother didnt think cahill was there, he doesnt know him so he could have been there. Ed Daly one of the branch development officers was there.
    There was plenty of lads from all the B schools: Bandon Gram, Midleton Coll, Newtown School and lads from clubs from all over the province

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Omvad

Omvad wrote: »
    Sorry for being so late with this post but how dud clon u17 s lose to bruff by so much when they were unlucky to beat highfield what player were they missing
    I dont know if they were missing players but from what ive heard, Bruffs u17s are huge with 2 or 3 of their forwards well over 6 feet tall and physically monstrous) and Bruff backboned a strong north u17 squad that did well in the regional games that decide this septembers munster youths.
    Just checked it out there clon were missing two of there munster youths players 8&9 there nine is suppose to be a class act but clon had 5 on the south munster starting 15 who hammered the north in the final but bruff do have a great squad saw them play against waterpark but I fear they could be getting over confident

Just checked it out there clon were missing two of there munster youths players 8&9 there nine is suppose to be a class act but clon had 5 on the south munster starting 15 who hammered the north in the final but bruff do have a great squad saw them play against waterpark but I fear they could be getting over confident
    There is no final in the u17 dev games. they just play 3 games.
    The north team was mostly made up of bruff players and bruff are 1 of the biggest 17s teams ive ever seen and the north u17 dev squad this season beat all opposition.
    I dont think how exactly you could say they are getting over confident? Where has there been posts "bigging up" bruff, ive said in posts from what ive heard the bruff 17s are a very big side for u17 and itll take a good side to beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Omvad

There is no final in the u17 dev games. they just play 3 games.
    The north team was mostly made up of bruff players and bruff are 1 of the biggest 17s teams ive ever seen and the north u17 dev squad this season beat all opposition.
    I dont think how exactly you could say they are getting over confident? Where has there been posts "bigging up" bruff, ive said in posts from what ive heard the bruff 17s are a very big side for u17 and itll take a good side to beat them.
    Yes I mean it was just the final game ! Yes they have a Hugh pack they are at the moment the team to beat ! No the north lost to the south 4 tries to 1 ! Well I have a friend from bruff and he was saying that they think thele win the munster apparently that squad of players are undefeated in 2 years. I saw clon play highfield and highfield play sundayswell and I don't think either team are capable of beating bruff highfield have to small a pack ! But kanturk I haven't seen them play but heard they have a quick pair of centres

• Advertisement

Yes I mean it was just the final game ! Yes they have a Hugh pack they are at the moment the team to beat ! No the north lost to the south 4 tries to 1 ! Well I have a friend from bruff and he was saying that they think thele win the munster apparently that squad of players are undefeated in 2 years. I saw clon play highfield and highfield play sundayswell and I don't think either team are capable of beating bruff highfield have to small a pack ! But kanturk I haven't seen them play but heard they have a quick pair of centres
    The north may have lost to the south but if bruff provided most of the north team then they are very strong.
    they are a strong team, i saw a few minutes of 1 game a while ago and a few friends have seen them play a few times and theyve been quite strong each time

Kanturk will most definately have a good pair of centres going by the kanturk teams ive seen underage the past few seasons. some of the best backlines ive seen underage, very good set of backs that you wont want to give a lot of ball to

19s Munster semi between Garryowen and Bandon in Dooradoyle at 1.30pm on Sunday. think Bandon will win, but its a Munster semi and they are away from home so you never know

Presume the Highfield Shannon game is scheduled for Saturday??

19s Munster semi between Garryowen and Bandon in Dooradoyle at 1.30pm on Sunday. think Bandon will win, but its a Munster semi and they are away from home so you never know

Presume the Highfield Shannon game is scheduled for Saturday??
    highfield/shannon down for 11.15am sat

Cadet Training Programme
    29 February 2012, 11:36 am
    By The Editor

The East Munster and North Munster Cadets recently took part in a training programme held in Collegeland, Tipperary Town.

The prgramme comprised of an hour long integrated skills session, followed by a highly competitive game between the two sides. The Munster Cadet selection processes will continue throughout the province over the coming months with a finalised squad to be confirmed for April 2012.
    Selected players will then attend a ten week summer programme as part of Munster Rugby’s long term player development pathway.
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10180.php

the Highfield Shannon game is scheduled for Saturday in Woodleigh Park Cork with kickoff at 11.15am
    Thought id BUMP this.
    Anyone in limerick or cork who has nothing to do saturday morning or sunday afternoon should make it their business to attend either of these games that look set to be cracking contests between 4 quality sides. Their will be dozens of interpros between 18s and 19s in these 2 games and all 4 sides will have played 10+ league games to reach this stage. Everything to play for and any of the 4 sides could be lining out in the final in musgrave park in a couple of weeks time

The 17s semi finals are also scheduled for this weekend- both are due to be played on saturday.
    Kanturk host Highfield in Kanturk at 12 and Sundays Well host Bruff in Musgrave Park at 1pm

4 very good games that will feature plenty of current and future munster and irish underage representatives and hopefully some players who will be turning out for the pro side down the line

• Advertisement

Thought id BUMP this.
    Anyone in limerick or cork who has nothing to do saturday morning or sunday afternoon should make it their business to attend either of these games that look set to be cracking contests between 4 quality sides. Their will be dozens of interpros between 18s and 19s in these 2 games and all 4 sides will have played 10+ league games to reach this stage. Everything to play for and any of the 4 sides could be lining out in the final in musgrave park in a couple of weeks time

The 17s semi finals are also scheduled for this weekend- both are due to be played on saturday.
    Kanturk host Highfield in Kanturk at 12 and Sundays Well host Bruff in Musgrave Park at 1pm

4 very good games that will feature plenty of current and future munster and irish underage representatives and hopefully some players who will be turning out for the pro side down the line
    any idea when the finals are down for?

any idea when the finals are down for?
    I would guess paddys weekend or the weekend after paddys day

no preview of the club semis on the dead site..all schools..the usual

no preview of the club semis on the dead site..all schools..the usual
    The Youths Committee have to send the info in for info to go up onto the site as the branch staff who run the website wouldnt have all the info required to do a report, and as the Munster Youths Committee doesnt have a PRO, it can lead to some big youths games not getting a preview like the schools games get

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭rugby_fan

U19 Leinster Premier league final taking place tomorrow in Naas at 3 p.m sees R and B Rebels take on Gorey in what is set to be an extremely tough battle with from what I have hear talented players on both sides

rugby_fan wrote: »
    U19 Leinster Premier league final taking place tomorrow in Naas at 3 p.m sees R and B Rebels take on Gorey in what is set to be an extremely tough battle with from what I have hear talented players on both sides
    Cant see Roscrea and Birr winning tbh, can see Gorey winning by a few scores in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

U 17 Pan Munster semis tomorrow Kanturk vrs Highfield and Sundays Well vrs Bruff. 4 good teams hard to call. Bruff probably favourites and having got out of jail against Clon Highfield will have to seriously improve to have any chance against Kanturk. Highfield pack relatively small and light but technically good and quick, back line has potential but hasnt quite clicked as yet. From what I hear Kanturk have a big pack and some great backs. It could all come down to the bounce of a ball. Anyway may all those travelling be it from Bruff or from Bishopstown travel safely, lets shout, roar, shake hands afterwards and leave nothing behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭rugby_fan

Interesting view on Leinster league u19 final Ormond lad..Just wondering what makes you think that?

rugby_fan wrote: »
    Interesting view on Leinster league u19 final Ormond lad..Just wondering what makes you think that?
    From friends who've seen both teams play and just a thought. Will be close game but i think R&B will just be edged out

u19 shannon win over highfield ...19...10

• Advertisement

U 17 Kanturk beat Highfield 13 - 11 a reverse of the Clon match for Highfield, they had lots of the ball but great tackling by Kanturk a few bad bounces of the ball and a few odd refereeing calls (but we all think they are odd when they go against us) Definitely one Highfield will feel they left behind but good look to Kanturk in the final

Rumour NOT CONFIRMED that Bruff were 4 tries up against the Well coming up to half time in the u17 anyone got the final score

u19 gorey win leinster 19-10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 handsaway

Catalpa1 wrote: »
    Rumour NOT CONFIRMED that Bruff were 4 tries up against the Well coming up to half time in the u17 anyone got the final score
    Bruff won 32-10

Catalpa1 wrote: »
    Results should be up on munster website, or bruffs website/twitter by now

u19 garryowen/bandon tomorrow p/munster semi-final winners play shannon
    shannon did enough today v highfield,having a share of injuries to key players

u19 garryowen/bandon tomorrow p/munster semi-final winners play shannon
    shannon did enough today v highfield,having a share of injuries to key players
    Bandon won 14-0

Bandon won 14-0
    was at the match,well deserved win for bandon very good team

was at the match,well deserved win for bandon very good team
    Final will be super game. 2 strong teams.
    2 north munster south munster finals to be played in a few weeks in musgrave. Any links to match reports from the weekends games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

u19 gorey win leinster 19-10

A really good game of rugby.
    Looking forward to the 17s final next weekend.

Advertisement