Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

RuPi wrote: »
    Connacht refused to enter separate teams or choose one competition so the IRFU have decided their matches will go Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday, Saturday.
    Shame for them as they would have had more playing at higher level but would have struggled in youths for a while with changes. Players will find that very tough with that many high intensity games so close together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Does not make any sense to me to do that, but it goes to show the lack of playing numbers in Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭RuPi

A couple of seasons a go Connacht supposedly complained that they didn't have the playing numbers for two teams in two competitions, so they were given a couple of years of playing in both competitions with one side but then had to decide for this season whether they would enter two teams or just one competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 under age rugby

what think of the I dear of guy how miss out on final cut for munster lenster being brought into Connacht to help bring up the playing number and get more young guy playing high level rugby

RuPi wrote: »
    A couple of seasons a go Connacht supposedly complained that they didn't have the playing numbers for two teams in two competitions, so they were given a couple of years of playing in both competitions with one side but then had to decide for this season whether they would enter two teams or just one competition.
    I think its better for Connacht to still have the two sides rather than one even if it'll be difficult with a second side for a few years
    what think of the I dear of guy how miss out on final cut for munster lenster being brought into Connacht to help bring up the playing number and get more young guy playing high level rugby
    Can you please watch how you post! Difficult to understand what you are saying at times! "I dear" doesn't make sense!
    Some who miss out on the other provinces will move to Connacht but only at 19s/20s really. Doesn't happen at 18s as its a bit early for a move

• Advertisement

load of limerick lad how are finsh playing school rugby are going to Shannon so there 20 should be really strong next year

load of limerick lad how are finsh playing school rugby are going to Shannon so there 20 should be really strong next year
    Their 20s has been strong enough for past few years. Any chance you can re-read posts before typing them? Difficult to understand at times. Grammar!
    Hopefully Shannon and most of the other city clubs will have under 16 and 18 sides competing in North Munster/Pan Munster leagues next season. Shannon haven't really had team compete in league at under 18/19 since they won the all Ireland a few years back

Any news on fixtures for under 18/19 leagues in provinces yet or news on provincial warm up games?
    Munster u17 Combined squad are to play the Munster schools under 17 squad in Charleville and the Connacht under 18 clubs squad in UL before the interpro's start in September

Their 20s has been strong enough for past few years. Any chance you can re-read posts before typing them? Difficult to understand at times. Grammar!
    Hopefully Shannon and most of the other city clubs will have under 16 and 18 sides competing in North Munster/Pan Munster leagues next season. Shannon haven't really had team compete in league at under 18/19 since they won the all Ireland a few years back

Any news on fixtures for under 18/19 leagues in provinces yet or news on provincial warm up games?
    Munster u17 Combined squad are to play the Munster schools under 17 squad in Charleville and the Connacht under 18 clubs squad in UL before the interpro's start in September

well there only 18 and 20 in munster no 19 and munster 19 are playing lenster 6 September Connacht 13 September and ulster20 of September

well there only 18 and 20 in munster no 19 and munster 19 are playing lenster 6 September Connacht 13 September and ulster20 of September
    I know that its only under 18 and 20 in competitions in Munster. They changed last season as it was hoped changing to under 14/16/18/20 would get more clubs fielding at the older age groups
    and could you please use full stops etc to try make your posts easier to read!

munster 20 team play tommorw night 15 joe white 14 shane McAuliffe 13 jj o neill 12 paul Kiernan 11 eoin carroll 10 fionn mc gibney 9 jack Cullen 8 dave st ledger 7 conor barry 6 johnny keane 5 frank ryan 4 glen stoke 3 liam McMahon 2 luke o halloron 1 liam connor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 DaveHln09

Leinster u18 play exiles tommorow.
    Lot of returning players from last year: Conor Hand, Conor Farrell, Greg McGrath, Tadgh McElroy, Jack Regan, Peter Howard, Ciaran Frawley, Shane Walshe and Joe Carley.

Leinster Youths and 19s beat Exiles in Oratory School this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8 roro57

anyone know the Leinster youths team that played the Exiles yesterday ?

roro57 wrote: »
    anyone know the Leinster youths team that played the Exiles yesterday ?
    Below is exiles squad. Leinster website to have match reports later in the week I believe
    http://www.inattheside.com/irish-exiles-name-u18-squad-face-leinster/
    Some of the players involved for Leinster
    Jack Regan, Cathal Duff, Kyle McCarthy, Kevin Dolan, Jack Aungier , James McCourt, Aiden McDonald, Ben Devlin

Michael casey of munster youth is now on schools as he moveing to Rockwell next year

Youths Interpros start in 2 weeks time
    All provinces have played the exiles with Munster and Leinster winning comfortably and Connacht and Ulster losing narrowly

They also have been playing sides from France, England etc as well as schools sides including provincial schools u18 sides

No youths leagues fixtures fixed yet afaik

Leinster Youths beat Belvedere College 5-3 today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Does anyone know the score of the Leinster v Ulster clubs game? I heard Leinster put 60 points on the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Leinster Youths beat Belvedere College 5-3 today

SCT or JCT. Great result.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 leinster89

SCT, Youths also beat St. Michaels 20-19 last week. Then defeated Ulster today 60-3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I'm assuming the other reps had games around the same time yes? So Belvedere and Michael's were missing their Leinster players?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 leinster89

Hagz wrote: »
    I'm assuming the other reps had games around the same time yes? So Belvedere and Michael's were missing their Leinster players?

yeah, no Leinster reps involved but youths werent near full strength.. lots of lads for next year getting a run out.

It's a very good Leinster youths side though, two outstanding under-17's starting.

Does anyone know the score of the Leinster v Ulster clubs game? I heard Leinster put 60 points on the board.
    Big win for Leinster.
    Tim it would always be a senior cup team against provincial team like the youths who would be an under 18 team while junior cups are under 16s
    Yes but youths wouldn't be full strength either to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

leinster89 wrote: »
    SCT, Youths also beat St. Michaels 20-19 last week. Then defeated Ulster today 60-3.

That is really impressive. So what we are saying is there is a collection of lads training 2 days a week who can beat lads training 5 or 6 days a week. Very, very impressive, for the youths.

What would be thinking out of the box for the Leinster branch would be to put the youths team in the Leinster Schools Cup.

That is really impressive. So what we are saying is there is a collection of lads training 2 days a week who can beat lads training 5 or 6 days a week. Very, very impressive, for the youths.

What would be thinking out of the box for the Leinster branch would be to put the youths team in the Leinster Schools Cup.
    Tim this was the best of the youths players who would all have been training more than twice a week for the past few seasons and have been training together 4/5 days a week all summer against a schools side. Good win but wouldn't over play it.

No I don't think we need to put a youths team or provincial youths team in the schools senior cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭FalconXV

Does anyone know about an IRFU/branch edict about banning under 13s teams from entering under 14s competitions?

FalconXV wrote: »
    Does anyone know about an IRFU/branch edict about banning under 13s teams from entering under 14s competitions?
    Yes that is the case. You're in West Munster aren't you falcon? The only ways to get around it is if you have both a full under 13 team and full under 14 team is to mix both teams up. You wouldn't be allowed play a side completely made up of under 13 players in an under 14 competition because of player welfare issues, safety issues

Yes that is the case. You're in West Munster aren't you falcon? The only ways to get around it is if you have both a full under 13 team and full under 14 team is to mix both teams up. You wouldn't be allowed play a side completely made up of under 13 players in an under 14 competition because of player welfare issues, safety issues

Yeah I am West Munster. You see clubs branding them as under 14s teams even though they are under 13. Maybe the foot has been put down with Munster taking over the organising rather than the four geographic committees which might explain why fixtures aren't out yet.

I noticed that Cork Con, Kenmare (who I hardly see in minis blitzes), Dunmanway are in the under 16 and under 18 Munster Provincial E Divisions (effectively West Munster). No Iveragh and Corca Dhuibhne who do have minis coming in to youth age groups. North Munster have got a conference and a league.

FalconXV wrote: »
    Yeah I am West Munster. You see clubs branding them as under 14s teams even though they are under 13. Maybe the foot has been put down with Munster taking over the organising rather than the four geographic committees which might explain why fixtures aren't out yet.

I noticed that Cork Con, Kenmare (who I hardly see in minis blitzes), Dunmanway are in the under 16 and under 18 Munster Provincial E Divisions (effectively West Munster). No Iveragh and Corca Dhuibhne who do have minis coming in to youth age groups. North Munster have got a conference and a league.
    Fixtures at some age groups not coming out is partly due to them being done centrally. Those clubs are competing in what is effectively West Munster for both the sakes of west Munster clubs to give them more games and guaranteed games.
    North Munster only have a league and conference at younger age groups. That stops at under 16

• Advertisement

It's really messy for clubs that have outright under 13s and under 15s teams in West Munster (from what I understand North and East Munster both have under 15s comps). Some of the kids a year up are already built like men it's not right that they can't be fit in to another comp somehow due to Saturday match day preference it should be against Cork clubs. The under 13s are also going in raw to full pitch Rugby for the first team against older players with a season under their belt on it.

Advertisement