Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

woody19 wrote: »
    Student based in Dublin. My DOB is the 19/10/96. Cant play U20s rugby this year as I'm still playing J1s with my local club. Going to play U20s up here next season and what I was wondering was how many years am I still eligible for U20s in Leinster, which is another two seasons.
    Thanks for the reply couldnt find it anywhere on Irish Rugby or Leinster Rugbys websites.
    If your club didn't field at under 20s this season you could still have played under 20 rugby with another club while also playing j1 with your existing club. You could have sought a loan to the club where you would have played 20s. Shame you lost out.
    You will have 2 more seasons of under 20 rugby In Leinster if they keep the existing eligibility date. The dates are all listed In the branch book on Leinsters website - page 15
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/files/downloads/Competition_Regulations_-_September_2014_(with_amendments_in_red).pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 11 woody19

If your club didn't field at under 20s this season you could still have played under 20 rugby with another club while also playing j1 with your existing club. You could have sought a loan to the club where you would have played 20s. Shame you lost out.
    My own club didnt field an U20 team but I was commuting for the first half of the year so actually was more convenient to play at home but only after moving up recently so U20s more convenient ATM but going to continue out the season with my club.
    UCD would probably be the club I'd be joining to play for but I know a guy on the fringe of the UCD U20 A team who got transferred to UCD and then they wouldn't allow him play for his own club at home.
    Thanks for the link.

woody19 wrote: »
    My own club didnt field an U20 team but I was commuting for the first half of the year so actually was more convenient to play at home but only after moving up recently so U20s more convenient ATM but going to continue out the season with my club.
    UCD would probably be the club I'd be joining to play for but I know a guy on the fringe of the UCD U20 A team who got transferred to UCD and then they wouldn't allow him play for his own club at home.
    Thanks for the link.
    Shame you didn't know about ruling though. You would have to continue out season now as baring exceptions few transfers granted by this time of the season
    UCD 20s is tough to make. Keep options option and look to other clubs and look at playing j1/2 with potential for AIL with smaller senior clubs based near UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Folks,

Is there an Irish youths game in Ashbourne on Satuday vs Italy? Anyone know what time is ko?

Thx

shaungil wrote: »
    Folks,

Is there an Irish youths game in Ashbourne on Satuday vs Italy? Anyone know what time is ko?

Thx
    2.30 kick-off in Ashbourne

• Advertisement

That's my Saturday fix of rugby sorted I don't think I can make a trip to Magherafelt to follow my senior team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 irishyouths9

Squad:

1:Greg McGrath(Wexford/Leinster)
    1:Eoin Corcoran(Longford/Leinster)
    2:Tadgh McElroy(Dundalk/Leinster)
    2:Ben Devlin(Kilkenny/Leinster)
    3:Ian McCarthy(Highfield/Munster)
    3:Jack Aungier(Suttonians/Leinster)
    4:Jack Regan(Birr/Leinster)
    5:Joe Carley(Enniscorthy/Leinster)
    5:Dylan Reeves Wasik(Bruff/Munster)
    6:Conor Hand(Navan/Leinster)
    7:Conor Farrell(Navan/Leinster)
    8:Paul Boyle(Gorey/Leinster)
    6:Matthew Burke(Ballinrobe/Connacht)
    9:Jack Combes(Exile)
    9:Harry Saunders(Exile)
    10:Ciaran Farwley(Skerries/Leinster)
    10:Luke Carty(Buccaneers/Connacht)
    12:Sean O'Brien(Mullingar/Leinster)
    13:Darragh Cummins(Sligo/Connacht)
    11:Otto Gray(Exile)
    11:Dominic Gorard(Exile)
    14:Peter Howard(Cill Dara/Leinster)
    15:Conor Nash(Navan/Leinster)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭munsterman96

Squad:

Very poor Munster representation and No Ulster?

Squad:

Team named
    15 - Conor Nash (Leinster - Navan)
    14 - Peter Howard (Leinster - Cill Dara)
    13 - Luke Carty (Connacht - Buccaneers)
    12 - Sean O'Brien (Leinster - Mullingar)
    11- Otto Gray (Exiles - Canford School)
    10 - Ciaran Frawley (Leinster - Skerries)
    9 - Niall Saunders (Exiles - London Harlequins /Epsom College)
    1 - Greg McGrath (Leinster - Wexford Wanderers)
    2 - Ben Devlin (Leinster - Kilkenny)
    3 - Ian McCarthy (Munster - Highfield)
    4 - Joe Carley (Leinster - Enniscorthy)
    5 - Jack Regan (Leinster - Birr)
    6 - Conor Hand (Leinster - Navan)
    7 - Conor Farrell (Leinster - Navan) (Captain)
    8 - Paul Boyle (Leinster - Gorey)

Carty at 13 is interesting. Poor representation from Munster this year. The two Navan flankers are a class combo. Very few exiles involved compared to previous years

Ulster were very poor in the youths interpros this season.

Ulster lost 18-9 to the Exiles, lost 60-3 to Leinster, lost 34-6 to Munster and also lost to Connacht - Don't know result. Its the Leinster team plus 9 others to make up squad of 24.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Otto Gray is a great name.

Needs more Conors from Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bradders90

Is four quite poor from the exiles? I thought that was quite a decent representation, i think 5 were involved last year (treadwell,byrne,arnold,ohagan,connon) < something like that.

bradders90 wrote: »
    Is four quite poor from the exiles? I thought that was quite a decent representation, i think 5 were involved last year (treadwell,byrne,arnold,ohagan,connon) < something like that.

Last year there was 5 - Brett Connon, Kieran Joyce, Hugh Sloan, Jake Byrne & Josh Daly.

Arnold was injured, Treadwell was with england, O'Hagan was overage.

Poor in comparison to 4/5 seasons ago when theyre representation was a good bit higher and as pointed out several of those who you list didn't play u18 clubs last year.

Finals across different age groups in each of provinces begin in coming weeks. Shame all Ireland series has lost out due to changes in all the provinces

Poor in comparison to 4/5 seasons ago when theyre representation was a good bit higher and as pointed out several of those who you list didn't play u18 clubs last year.

Finals across different age groups in each of provinces begin in coming weeks. Shame all Ireland series has lost out due to changes in all the provinces

Clubs team getting stronger year and year, standard higher now in Ireland than before so less exiles make it in.

Clubs team getting stronger year and year, standard higher now in Ireland than before so less exiles make it in.
    I know the differences from when I was in the development system 7/8 years ago to now is unbelievable. How players train, get coached(in some aspects), advised is much better in most areas of the game

iy9 where are you based(province??) how are leagues/cups going in your area?

Ah ok i got the number correct just not all the names. I also believe Piers OConor of England u20 played for Ireland u19 against Australia last year. Have none of Connon, Joyce, Sloan, Byrne or Daly signed with any of the provinces? You usually get a least 1 Exile per year signing with a province on academy terms. Although i know Byrne is still in school, the same may be the case for others.

Ah ok i got the number correct just not all the names. I also believe Piers OConor of England u20 played for Ireland u19 against Australia last year. Have none of Connon, Joyce, Sloan, Byrne or Daly signed with any of the provinces? You usually get a least 1 Exile per year signing with a province on academy terms. Although i know Byrne is still in school, the same may be the case for others.
    As they are all under 18s you can assume all are in school or further education centres in places like Hartbury College so it would be after this season that they may join another one of the provinces academy or move to Ireland to join sub academy and hope for an academy place the season after next

Sloan & Joyce are in Ulster's sub-academy.
    Daly is in Bristol's academy.
    Byrne is in Northampton's academy setup.
    Connon is in Newcastle's academy setup.

• Advertisement

Pan Munster update
    Some groups finished and quarter finalists known, most are not at that stage yet
    In the u18s Newcastle West-Estuary and Cork Con have qualified from group A, Highfield and Kinsale have qualified from group B, 2 from Bruff, Waterpark and Bantry Bay will qualify from group C while Dolphin have qualified from Group D and if Cashel beat Thomond on Sunday they will join Dolphin in the quarters

At under 16 level two from Bruff, Muskerry and Waterford City will qualify from Group A, Skibbereen and Killarney have qualified from group B, Waterpark will qualify from group C but the team to join them could be one of three as Ennis, Mallow, Newcastle West-Estuary all have a shot at qualifying. Young Munster and Clonakilty have qualified from group D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭longshank

Several of Munster squad from last inter-pro now playing in schools.

Irish youth lost 19-13 to Italy in ashbourne.
    Liked the irish 7 Conor from Navan very busy took ball at first receiver a lot and was involved a lot. The 9 Saunders from London (couldn't be related to rob Saunders? ) was handy too good organiser and bossed the pack well. 10 Frawley was nice distributor and got very involved all over.
    15 (conor Nash) is some physical specimen for a young lad and i beleive is well regarded in GAA also.

Liked the irish 7 Conor from Navan very busy took ball at first receiver a lot and was involved a lot. The 9 Saunders from London (couldn't be related to rob Saunders? ) was handy too good organiser and bossed the pack well. 10 Frawley was nice distributor and got very involved all over.
    15 (conor Nash) is some physical specimen for a young lad and i beleive is well regarded in GAA also.

Was it 18's vs 18s or something like our 18s vs their 19s, happens quite often sometimes against Italy's age group teams. Just wondering

The two conors from Navan are very good. Nash plays county minor for meath. Super footballer I believe.
    Was it 18's vs 18s or something like our 18s vs their 19s, happens quite often sometimes against Italy's age group teams. Just wondering
    Of course it was their 18s. We don't or haven't In a considerable time played our 18s v their 19s. Our provincial sides have played Italys 19s side in the summer before interpros on occasion though

First of Munster quarter finalists in under 16 and 18s were decided today

ressm wrote: »
    Keeping Nash in Rugby will be battle with GAA and AFL.
    Would be shocked if he wasn't offered an academy space at the earliest possible opportunity.
    The AFL? Do the Aussie teams really scout out Ireland and that? Not questioning you just genuinely the first i heard of this, albeit i live in London.

The AFL? Do the Aussie teams really scout out Ireland and that? Not questioning you just genuinely the first i heard of this, albeit i live in London.
    They have had screening sessions/open training sessions for gaelic players who may have potential to play AFL

Anyway any thoughts on youths provincial cups etc and winners? Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 under age rugby

Pan Munster update
    Some groups finished and quarter finalists known, most are not at that stage yet
    In the u18s Newcastle West-Estuary and Cork Con have qualified from group A, Highfield and Kinsale have qualified from group B, 2 from Bruff, Waterpark and Bantry Bay will qualify from group C while Dolphin have qualified from Group D and if Cashel beat Thomond on Sunday they will join Dolphin in the quarters

At under 16 level two from Bruff, Muskerry and Waterford City will qualify from Group A, Skibbereen and Killarney have qualified from group B, Waterpark will qualify from group C but the team to join them could be one of three as Ennis, Mallow, Newcastle West-Estuary all have a shot at qualifying. Young Munster and Clonakilty have qualified from group D

con are out

reland u18 Clubs played Jake Byrne (Exile) has signed for Ulster for the 2015/16 season (unsure whether it is sub acad or full acad) from the Northampton Saints junior academy (the non pro schoolboy (u18) academy).

• Advertisement

con are out
    Sorry R, they are. Meant to type Dungarvan not Con
    So at 18s the quarter finalists are
    Newcastle West-Estuary, Dungarvan, Highfield, Kinsale, Dolphin and depends on other result but probably Cashel
    probably Waterpark and Shannon but if either lose Bantry Bay qualify

At 16s nothing changed from previous post. Quarter finals line up to be confirmed after this weekends games

Advertisement