Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Would have seen most sides over past season or so. Not as many very recently though.
    Waterpark wont challenge at 16s as for once they are not very strong at this age grade. At regional level for this age group in East Munster Nenagh and Kilfeacle would have been stronger and Waterford City are strong as well. Not too hard to benchmark teams as if you look at results from previous seasons at regional level and then this seasons results....

Thanks...

I guess what I'm saying is - If I look at a result from a game featuring a North Munster side I can gauge the strength of the other team based on my knowledge of the NM Teams

But for games featuring 2 teams from Cork or Waterford for example I don't have a frame of reference..

If Nenagh and Kilfeacle are a benchmark for East Munster then I can put a level on that - Nenagh were beaten with relative comfort by both Ennis and Newcastlewest in Phase 1 (Kilfeacle didn't field this year @U16 at all, which is a pity) so I can gauge the other East Munster teams from that.

Still can't put a level on the Cork teams though...knowing for example that Skibbereen & Midleton went unbeaten in Phase 1 and appear to have put good scores on most of their opponents doesn't tell me how they'll do against the North Munster teams as I have no idea of the standard..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Thanks...

I guess what I'm saying is - If I look at a result from a game featuring a North Munster side I can gauge the strength of the other team based on my knowledge of the NM Teams

But for games featuring 2 teams from Cork or Waterford for example I don't have a frame of reference..

If Nenagh and Kilfeacle are a benchmark for East Munster then I can put a level on that - Nenagh were beaten with relative comfort by both Ennis and Newcastlewest in Phase 1 (Kilfeacle didn't field this year @U16 at all, which is a pity) so I can gauge the other East Munster teams from that.

Still can't put a level on the Cork teams though...knowing for example that Skibbereen & Midleton went unbeaten in Phase 1 and appear to have put good scores on most of their opponents doesn't tell me how they'll do against the North Munster teams as I have no idea of the standard..
    You can kind of guess based on previous results both through this season and previous seasons. Waterpark wont challenge at 16s for the trophy but may do better than expected as they generally keep most of their players. Nenagh will do ok based on performances so far. Kilfeacle lost a lot of guys to GAA/Rockwell etc so aren't a real benchmark. Cashel have done well and will be strong based on results to date. Wouldn't have been strongest at younger grades.
    You can to a large degree guess how teams will do In Pan Munster....

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Thanks...

Nenagh missing a few players for both games. Kilfeacle lost a few to Rockwell and their best player moved house to Ennis and is now playing with them.

Waterford City seem to have gotten a lot stronger this year. In previous years this same team would've been playing in the plate competition rather than the cup. Must've picked up a few players somewhere along the way.

EDIT:
    You can kind of guess based on previous results both through this season and previous seasons. Waterpark wont challenge at 16s for the trophy but may do better than expected as they generally keep most of their players. Nenagh will do ok based on performances so far. Kilfeacle lost a lot of guys to GAA/Rockwell etc so aren't a real benchmark. Cashel have done well and will be strong based on results to date. Wouldn't have been strongest at younger grades.
    You can to a large degree guess how teams will do In Pan Munster....

I also believe Cashel were playing Rockwell players in the first few rounds of their group.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

gazump123 wrote: »
    Nenagh missing a few players for both games. Kilfeacle lost a few to Rockwell and their best player moved house to Ennis and is now playing with them.

Waterford City seem to have gotten a lot stronger this year. In previous years this same team would've been playing in the plate competition rather than the cup. Must've picked up a few players somewhere along the way.

EDIT:

I also believe Cashel were playing Rockwell players in the first few rounds of their group.

Yes - There'll be a few teams weakened in the New Year as they lose the last of their schools players.

EDIT:

Nenagh wouldn't have been missing that many but the one or two they didn't have playing would be key guys - guys whove played county GAA, in development system etc
    Waterford City have been improving a lot in recent years - whole club is on the way up. Numbers growing. Levels of coaching improving etc... Havent picked up too many players just improving.....
    Cashel did have a good number from Rockwell who were then panelled...
    Yes - There'll be a few teams weakened in the New Year as they lose the last of their schools players.
    Wont be too many lost but come February some sides will benefit from players who don't play in schools cups and can get released

• Advertisement

Nenagh wouldn't have been missing that many but the one or two they didn't have playing would be key guys - guys whove played county GAA, in development system etc
    Waterford City have been improving a lot in recent years - whole club is on the way up. Numbers growing. Levels of coaching improving etc... Havent picked up too many players just improving.....
    Cashel did have a good number from Rockwell who were then panelled...

Wont be too many lost but come February some sides will benefit from players who don't play in schools cups and can get released

Perhaps..

I know a few clubs that will lose a number of players for January when the final schools panels are locked - they might get a few back if schools are knocked out and players have not featured on match-day squads.. But that requires the schools to sign the releases..

The schools are being typically awkward lately - refusing the allow players to play for the clubs even though they are technically available at present...

I know for example that in Limerick a particular B school refused to allow their players to play for their clubs in recent weeks as they have a JCT qualifier this week - meant that 2 clubs couldn't field .. The School told the players that they'd be dropped if they played for their clubs...

That kind of messing doesn't help anybody..

Perhaps..

I know a few clubs that will lose a number of players for January when the final schools panels are locked - they might get a few back if schools are knocked out and players have not featured on match-day squads.. But that requires the schools to sign the releases..

The schools are being typically awkward lately - refusing the allow players to play for the clubs even though they are technically available at present...

I know for example that in Limerick a particular B school refused to allow their players to play for their clubs in recent weeks as they have a JCT qualifier this week - meant that 2 clubs couldn't field .. The School told the players that they'd be dropped if they played for their clubs...

That kind of messing doesn't help anybody..
    No perhaps about it. Its the same every year and has been every year ive been involved both as a player and coach. The schools can stop the 28 players in their panel from playing with clubs now its the other players that are the issue. B school has no ability to stop kids from playing and its up to kids/clubs/branch committees to do something about that

No perhaps about it. Its the same every year and has been every year ive been involved both as a player and coach. The schools can stop the 28 players in their panel from playing with clubs now its the other players that are the issue. B school has no ability to stop kids from playing and its up to kids/clubs/branch committees to do something about that

Absolutely.. but sadly they are not - At least at committee level, the schools have way too much clout at the table - Some kids and clubs are pushing back , but typically only the bigger clubs or kids with a strong historical connection to their clubs.

To give an example of where the Munster Branch priorities lie..

At the recent launch event for the U16/U18 Pan-Munster event which was done at the same time as the JCT/SCT launch.

Those on the podium spoke about the Club competitions and the 40+ clubs involved for a little less than 2 minutes.. They then spent the next 90 minutes telling everyone how fantastic the schools competition and it's 8 participants are...

In the u16 competitions, I heard Waterpark were put into the main competition and Fethard were put into the plate. Any ideas why this is as they were supposed to play this Sunday to decide.

In the u16 competitions, I heard Waterpark were put into the main competition and Fethard were put into the plate. Any ideas why this is as they were supposed to play this Sunday to decide.

I understood they were having a play-off as well..

Maybe they just decided to toss a coin for it instead..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stuckintipp

Perhaps..

A schools junior cup qualifier is far more important than poxy club group games at this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stuckintipp

At the recent launch event for the U16/U18 Pan-Munster event which was done at the same time as the JCT/SCT launch.

Those on the podium spoke about the Club competitions and the 40+ clubs involved for a little less than 2 minutes.. They then spent the next 90 minutes telling everyone how fantastic the schools competition and it's 8 participants are...

As a mod I'd expect more. Not sure if you're delusional or deliberately trying to misinform people. The speeches started at 7.24 and the schools draw was totally finished by 7.37. 13 minutes in total including draw. 80% of the attendance represented schools. All schools had players in gear of photo op, I think two clubs had players were similarly togged out.

Sean O'Brien in a recent article clearly stated how far ahead the schools system is compared to the clubs. The resources are not there to have a fully funded dual system. At the current moment in time the schools system brings in the best return for investment.

Absolutely.. but sadly they are not - At least at committee level, the schools have way too much clout at the table - Some kids and clubs are pushing back, but typically only the bigger clubs or kids with a strong historical connection to their clubs.

Schools will have more power most of the time .... The clubs don't help themselves sometimes in promoting the competitions. Not adding results on time for website updates etc etc.
    I don't think anyone was "put" into either competition.
    A schools junior cup qualifier is far more important than poxy club group games at this time of the year.
    It isn't really tbh especially in circumstances that are mentioned here.

Schools will have more power most of the time .... The clubs don't help themselves sometimes in promoting the competitions. Not adding results on time for website updates etc etc.

I don't think anyone was "put" into either competition.

It isn't really tbh especially in circumstances that are mentioned here.

Any idea how they ended up in the competitions they are in even though they were supposed to play at the weekend?

Any idea how they ended up in the competitions they are in even though they were supposed to play at the weekend?
    I don't know maybe there was a change and they had believed they would be playing....

Below are all the groups in all 2/3 levels of competition at Under 16/18 for the next 2 months or so

Under 16 Cup Group 1
    Nenagh, Ballincollig, Waterpark, Killorglin, Bruff, Cobh Pirates,
    Under 16 Cup Group 2
    Waterford City, Bandon, Young Munster, Newcastle West-Estuary, Tralee, Skibbereen
    Under 16 Cup Group 3
    Ennis, Mallow, Garryowen-Pres-UL Bohs-Newport, Cork Con, Midleton, Charleville

Under 16 Plate Group 1
    Clanwilliam, Richmond-Shannon-St Marys, Fermoy-Youghal, Kanturk
    Under 16 Plate Group 2
    Old Christians, Clonakilty, Fethard, Castleisland
    Under 16 Plate Group 3
    Sundays Well, Kinsale, Dungarvan, Abbeyfeale
    Under 16 Plate Group 4
    Cashel, Clonmel, Crosshaven, Bantry Bay

Under 16 Bowl Group 1
    Dolphin, Muskerry, Highfield, Douglas-Carrigaline
    Under 16 Bowl Group 2
    Killarney, Thomond, Listowel, Corca Dhuibhne
    Under 16 Bowl Group 3
    Thurles, Kilfeacle, Carrick on Suir, Mitchelstown

Under 18 Cup Group 1
    Newcastle West-Estuary, Midleton, Skibbereen, Presentation-Richmond, Cashel, Muskerry
    Under 18 Cup Group 2
    Garryowen, Dungarvan, Kinsale, Dolphin, Shannon, Charleville
    Under 18 Cup Group 3
    Waterpark, Ennis, Highfield, Bruff, Sundays Well, Mallow

Under 18 Plate Group 1
    St Senans-Old Crescent, Fethard, Tralee, Bantry Bay
    Under 18 Plate Group 2
    Crosshaven, Thurles, Cork Con, Killarney-Castleisland
    Under 18 Plate Group 3
    Nenagh, Kilrush, Killorglin, Old Christians
    Under 18 Plate Group 4
    Young Munster, Clonmel, Clonakilty, Cobh Pirates

The above competitions start this weekend

Saturday Fixtures
    Bank of Ireland Munster Club Under 18 Cup
    Group 1:
    Muskerry v Cashel, Ballyanly, 12pm;
    Newcastle West-Estuary v Midleton, Newcastle West, 1pm;
    Presentation-Richmond v Skibbereen, Rathuard, 2pm;
    Group 2:
    Dolphin v Kinsale, Mahon, 10am;
    Charleville v Shannon, Charleville, 12.30pm;
    Group 3:
    Mallow v Sunday's Well, Mallow, 12pm;
    Waterpark v Ennis, Ballinakill, 1pm;

Bank of Ireland Munster Club Under 18 Plate
    Group 1:
    Bantry Bay v Tralee, Bantry, 1pm;
    Group 2:
    Killarney-Castleisland v Cork Constitution, Castleisland, 12pm;
    Thurles v Crosshaven, Thurles, 12pm;
    Group 3:
    Old Christians v Killorglin, Rathcooney, 12pm;
    Group 4:
    Clonmel v Young Munster, Clonmel, 1pm;
    Cobh Pirates v Clonakilty, Cobh, 12pm;

Bank of Ireland Munster Club Under 18 Bowl
    Group 1:
    Ballincollig v Kanturk, Tanner Park, 12pm;
    Dunmanway v Bandon, Dunmanway, 12.30pm;
    Group 3:
    Listowel v Chorca Dhuibhne, Listowel, 12.15pm;

Bank of Ireland Munster Club Under 16 Cup:
    Group 1:
    Cobh Pirates v Bruff, Cobh, 12.30pm;
    Killorglin v Waterpark, Killorglin, 2pm;
    Group 2:
    Skibbereen v Tralee, Skibbereen, 12.30pm;
    Group 3:
    Charleville v Midleton, Charleville, 12.30pm;
    Cork Constitution v Garryowen-Newport-Presentation-UL Bohemian, Mahon, 12.30pm;

Bank of Ireland Munster Club Under 16 Plate
    Group 1:
    Kanturk v Fermoy-Youghal, Kanturk, 11am;
    Richmond-St. Mary's-Shannon v Clanwilliam, Richmond Park, 2pm;
    Group 2:
    Clonakilty v Old Christians, The Vale, 12pm;
    Group 3:
    Kinsale v Sunday's Well, Kinsale, 11.30am;
    Group 4:
    Bantry Bay v Crosshaven, Bantry, 11.30am;

Bank of Ireland Munster Club Under 16 Bowl
    Group 1:
    Douglas-Carrigaline v Highfield, Moneygourney, 10.30am;
    Muskerry v Dolphin, Ballyanly, 12pm;

Group 2:
    Chorca Dhuibhne v Listowel, Ballydavid, 11am;

Sunday fixtures
    Group 2:
    Garryowen v Dungarvan, Dooradoyle, 1.30pm;

Group 3:
    Bruff v Highfield, Kilballyowen Park, 12.30pm;

Group 1:
    Fethard v Old Crescent-St. Senan's, Fethard, 12.30pm;

Group 3:
    Kilrush v Nenagh Ormond, Kilrush, 12pm;

Group 2:
    Kilfeacle v Waterford City, Kilfeacle, 11am;

Group 3:
    Thomond v UL Bohemian-Newport-Ballina-Killaloe-Scariff, Liam Fitzgerald Park, 12pm;

Bank of Ireland Munster Club Under 16 Cup
    Group 1:
    Nenagh Ormond v Ballincollig, New Ormond Park, 12.30pm;

Group 2:
    Newcastle West v Young Munster, Newcastle West, 11.30am;
    Waterford City v Bandon, Waterford, 12.30pm;

Group 3:
    Ennis v Mallow, Ennis, 12.30pm;

Bank of Ireland Munster Club Under 16 Plate:
    Group 1:
    Richmond-St.Mary's-Shannon v Clanwilliam, Coonagh, 11am;

Group 2:
    Castleisland v Fethard, Castleisland, 1pm;

Group 3:
    Abbeyfeale v Dungarvan, Abbeyfeale, 1.30pm;

Group 4:
    Clonmel v Cashel, Clonmel, 11am;

Group 2:
    Thomond v Killarney, Liam Fitzgerald Park, 11am;

Group 3:
    Mitchelstown v Carrick-on-Suir, Mitchelstown, 12pm;
    Kilfeacle v Thurles, Kilfeacle, 11am;

The above competitions start this weekend

Saturday Fixtures
    Group 1:
    Muskerry v Cashel, Ballyanly, 12pm;
    Newcastle West-Estuary v Midleton, Newcastle West, 1pm;
    Presentation-Richmond v Skibbereen, Rathuard, 2pm;
    Group 2:
    Dolphin v Kinsale, Mahon, 10am;
    Charleville v Shannon, Charleville, 12.30pm;
    Group 3:
    Mallow v Sunday's Well, Mallow, 12pm;
    Waterpark v Ennis, Ballinakill, 1pm;

Group 1:
    Bantry Bay v Tralee, Bantry, 1pm;
    Group 2:
    Killarney-Castleisland v Cork Constitution, Castleisland, 12pm;
    Thurles v Crosshaven, Thurles, 12pm;
    Group 3:
    Old Christians v Killorglin, Rathcooney, 12pm;
    Group 4:
    Clonmel v Young Munster, Clonmel, 1pm;
    Cobh Pirates v Clonakilty, Cobh, 12pm;

Group 1:
    Ballincollig v Kanturk, Tanner Park, 12pm;
    Dunmanway v Bandon, Dunmanway, 12.30pm;
    Group 3:
    Listowel v Chorca Dhuibhne, Listowel, 12.15pm;

Bank of Ireland Munster Club Under 16 Cup:
    Group 1:
    Cobh Pirates v Bruff, Cobh, 12.30pm;
    Killorglin v Waterpark, Killorglin, 2pm;
    Group 2:
    Skibbereen v Tralee, Skibbereen, 12.30pm;
    Group 3:
    Charleville v Midleton, Charleville, 12.30pm;
    Cork Constitution v Garryowen-Newport-Presentation-UL Bohemian, Mahon, 12.30pm;

Bank of Ireland Munster Club Under 16 Plate
    Group 1:
    Kanturk v Fermoy-Youghal, Kanturk, 11am;
    Richmond-St. Mary's-Shannon v Clanwilliam, Richmond Park, 2pm;
    Group 2:
    Clonakilty v Old Christians, The Vale, 12pm;
    Group 3:
    Kinsale v Sunday's Well, Kinsale, 11.30am;
    Group 4:
    Bantry Bay v Crosshaven, Bantry, 11.30am;

Group 1:
    Douglas-Carrigaline v Highfield, Moneygourney, 10.30am;
    Muskerry v Dolphin, Ballyanly, 12pm;

Group 2:
    Chorca Dhuibhne v Listowel, Ballydavid, 11am;

Sunday fixtures
    Group 2:
    Garryowen v Dungarvan, Dooradoyle, 1.30pm;

Group 3:
    Bruff v Highfield, Kilballyowen Park, 12.30pm;

Group 1:
    Fethard v Old Crescent-St. Senan's, Fethard, 12.30pm;

Group 3:
    Kilrush v Nenagh Ormond, Kilrush, 12pm;

Group 2:
    Kilfeacle v Waterford City, Kilfeacle, 11am;

Group 3:
    Thomond v UL Bohemian-Newport-Ballina-Killaloe-Scariff, Liam Fitzgerald Park, 12pm;

Bank of Ireland Munster Club Under 16 Cup
    Group 1:
    Nenagh Ormond v Ballincollig, New Ormond Park, 12.30pm;

Group 2:
    Newcastle West v Young Munster, Newcastle West, 11.30am;
    Waterford City v Bandon, Waterford, 12.30pm;

Group 3:
    Ennis v Mallow, Ennis, 12.30pm;

Bank of Ireland Munster Club Under 16 Plate:
    Group 1:
    Richmond-St.Mary's-Shannon v Clanwilliam, Coonagh, 11am;

Group 2:
    Castleisland v Fethard, Castleisland, 1pm;

Group 3:
    Abbeyfeale v Dungarvan, Abbeyfeale, 1.30pm;

Group 4:
    Clonmel v Cashel, Clonmel, 11am;

Group 2:
    Thomond v Killarney, Liam Fitzgerald Park, 11am;

Group 3:
    Mitchelstown v Carrick-on-Suir, Mitchelstown, 12pm;
    Kilfeacle v Thurles, Kilfeacle, 11am;

A few games missing? Are they moved or?

EDIT: Never mind, didn't realise you split up Saturday and Sunday.

Not a huge number of games played due to the weather , but some results below..

Pan Munster U16 Cup - Group 1

Killorglin 3 - 8 Waterpark

Pan Munster U16 Cup - Group 2

Newcastle West 16 - 5 Young Munster

Pan Munster U16 Cup - Group 3

Cork Con 12 - 7 Garryowen/UL Bohs Newport/Presentation
    Ennis 39 - 17 Mallow

Pan Munster U18 Cup - Group 1

Muskerry 3 - 14 Cashel

Pan Munster U18 Cup - Group 2

Dolphin 46 - 0 Kinsale
    Garryowen 24 - 57 Dungarvan

Pan Munster U18 Cup - Group 3

No games played

Anyone at any of the games?

Anyone at any of the games?
    Nope but may be at a game this weekend

Hopefully more games are played this weekend than last

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Blackclaret

Hi I've seen a lot of games in this comp as well as many of the groups competing for over the last few years, Judging on the most recent games the three big Limerick and Clare teams look very strong, however having not heard details regarding matches difficult to be definitive especially given the low scoring Ennis game, though injury or sickness to key players can make a huge difference with these teams.Weather seems to be taking its toll at the momment hopefully the New Year will give the lads a break and a few weeks uninterrupted matches.

Hi I've seen a lot of games in this comp as well as many of the groups competing for over the last few years, Judging on the most recent games the three big Limerick and Clare teams look very strong, however having not heard details regarding matches difficult to be definitive especially given the low scoring Ennis game, though injury or sickness to key players can make a huge difference with these teams.Weather seems to be taking its toll at the moment hopefully the New Year will give the lads a break and a few weeks uninterrupted matches.
    What age group are you referring to?
    Who are you referring to as the big three L&C teams?
    Weather hopefully will ease up in the new year. Hope to get to a game or two early in the new year...

Was referring to the U16 league, I would have seen Ennis, Bruff and NCW as being strong this year , on the scores and results they have put up, have seen most of the south east Munster teams and note how they got on in their most recent games, particularly Waterford City who I thought were quite strong, as I posted above a few key players being knocked out will set most groups back. Lot of flues going round at the moment also could do with a cold snap to kill them off.

Hi I've seen a lot of games in this comp as well as many of the groups competing for over the last few years, Judging on the most recent games the three big Limerick and Clare teams look very strong, however having not heard details regarding matches difficult to be definitive especially given the low scoring Ennis game, though injury or sickness to key players can make a huge difference with these teams.Weather seems to be taking its toll at the momment hopefully the New Year will give the lads a break and a few weeks uninterrupted matches.

Was at the Ennis vs Charleville U16 game.

Played on a very heavy pitch with a strong enough wind favouring Charleville in the 1st half. Charleville had a pretty decent outhalf who kicked well and used the wind and heavy pitch to good effect.

Ennis went 10-0 down after 15 minutes after a very poor start , but then began to exert a bit of control and kept Charleville scoreless for the rest of the game , eventually winning 17-10.

Not a great game , but conditions did not really allow for much rugby to be played to be fair..

Bruff and NCW both look to have had strong wins beating Waterpark and Waterford city by 20+ point margins..

Was referring to the U16 league, I would have seen Ennis, Bruff and NCW as being strong this year, on the scores and results they have put up, have seen most of the south east Munster teams and note how they got on in their most recent games, particularly Waterford City who I thought were quite strong, as I posted above a few key players being knocked out will set most groups back. Lot of flues going round at the moment also could do with a cold snap to kill them off.
    Ennis are strong. They most often are but then lose players to Limerick schools who see them play at 16s and convince a few to move in...
    There will be some players who will be gone for schools but not huge numbers for certain sides. It wont "set most groups back" either

Was at the Ennis vs Charleville U16 game.

Played on a very heavy pitch with a strong enough wind favouring Charleville in the 1st half. Charleville had a pretty decent outhalf who kicked well and used the wind and heavy pitch to good effect.

Ennis went 10-0 down after 15 minutes after a very poor start , but then began to exert a bit of control and kept Charleville scoreless for the rest of the game , eventually winning 17-10.

Not a great game , but conditions did not really allow for much rugby to be played to be fair..

Bruff and NCW both look to have had strong wins beating Waterpark and Waterford city by 20+ point margins..

Charlevilles a hard place to get a result, especially in heavy grounds, dogged, spirited side, will be meeting them fairly soon ourselves,and do very well to get the points.

Nenagh beat Garryowen in a friendly yesterday u16 31-7. Both teams missing players.

Nenagh beat Garryowen in a friendly yesterday u16 31-7. Both teams missing players.

Nenagh are a good side..good pack and a few decent backs..very good winger in particular.

Think Garryowen are down a few more players with School..not withstanding who they might have been missing due to the time of year

A last minute try separated Bruff and Cobh today 22-27,a really entertaining match with some great scores played with brilliant spirit by both teams. The Bruff forwards particularly impressed as did nine, with pirates twelve and six standing out, both teams will take some beating the next day and hope the long drive back to Limerick was not too troubled by the flooding.

• Advertisement

Hopefully 2016 can bring some ok weather and phase 2 of Munster 16s/18s leagues can get properly underway

There was quite a few Connacht league games etc scheduled for this weekend but most weren't played

Some area league finals were this weekend in Leinster.

Advertisement