Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costellos Tavern Limerick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

YFlyer wrote: »
    Who told you that? Bernard? lol

nope, I won't say/ I heard who was supposed to be taking it over too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

yupyup7up wrote: »
    And its usually full of art students, where the odds are good but the goods are odd.

I have to say that phrase has brightened up my day. Well said sir! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Agreed €4.50 seems very expensive considering some pubs are selling pints for €3.30!

I'd like to know about these pubs to be honest. Guinness seems to be at the €4/4.10 mark around town, with Murphys generally cheaper. Bear in mind that upstairs in Costelloes is a night-club, you're always going to pay more. To be perfectly honest, if I was drinking Guinness in a nightclub ( :eek: ) I think I'd prefer a can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Time to dispel some of the misty eyed rubbish being posted on this thread. Costellos is a complete hole, devoid of any redeeming features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Aidric wrote: »
    devoid of any redeeming features.

its near treaty cabs, for a cheap way home?

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    its near treaty cabs, for a cheap way home?
    Closer to Annie Fitz. :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's got comfortable seating downstairs, decent music upstairs and two smoking areas. That's 3 redeeming features already.

Time to dispel some of the misty eyed rubbish being posted on this thread. Costellos is a complete hole, devoid of any redeeming features.

Yet it's consistently busy. A bit like Brown Thomas, I mean, who actually shops there?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Not too far from Chicken Hut either
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It's got comfortable seating downstairs
    from the 70/80's
    decent music upstairs
    Sometimes its the same playlist
    and two smoking areas. That's 3 redeeming features already.

Meh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mc Love wrote: »
    Sometimes its the same playlist

As opposed to Molly's and Trinity Rooms, where it's nearly always the same playlist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Close to a good kebab :)

As opposed to Molly's and Trinity Rooms, where it's nearly always the same playlist.

Wouldnt know - I never go to either of those places

Lol. I reckon some people say they like Costellos to appear leftfield. It's clear that the owners haven't a lick of respect for it's customers. In 2011 if a club can't even provide clean and working toilets for its patrons then I don't see why it deserves any of my money.

concussion wrote: »
    Yet it's consistently busy. A bit like Brown Thomas, I mean, who actually shops there?? :rolleyes:
    No accounting for taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

!!slimer!! wrote: »
    Can't unrecomend this place enough..

Place stiks of feet, floors are sticky, bouncer is a nob, barmen are nobs, and of course it really has the worst pint in Limerick.

Bring back de Shtooool!

floors arent sticky upstairs anymore since they recarpeted the place, also what nightclub floors arent sticky at some point during a night?

Costelloes carpets are sticky at the START of the night!

No accounting for taste.

Sure. So go where you want to go. I do agree with you about the horrific lack of investment put into Costellos. Either they have the money and can't be arsed, or things are tight. Who knows? Still, a fiver into a club where you can listen to the music you like ain't bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

and the opportunity for a bag of cans at the end of the night is a HUGE plus point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Wonderful establishment, great music, good crowd. Jacks are crap... but then so are the ones in Nancys?

Take it over the Icon every day of the week... Christ I hate that place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

zuroph wrote: »
    and the opportunity for a bag of cans at the end of the night is a HUGE plus point.

its so easy to get invited back to a party afterwards, many a night randomly chatted to someone outside and wound up heading back with a bunch of people, good times. I'd pay a fiver in there before 12-15 (how much icon these days anyway?) into a packed nightclub full of orange women and spending all night queueing for everything, queue to get in, to pay, to hand in your jacket, to get to the bar, to get to the jacks sometimes, to get jacket back, to get out, for a cab, half the night spend in icon or trooms is spent queueing up for stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Fancy fixtures and fittings don't make a place good. The sinbin and icon are still sh*tholes.....I also don't see the point going to the icon just to go there. I mean why stand around a place where you hate the music, and have little to nothing in common with anyone else going there.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

seachto7 wrote: »
    Fancy fixtures and fittings don't make a place good. The sinbin and icon are still sh*tholes.....I also don't see the point going to the icon just to go there. I mean why stand around a place where you hate the music, and have little to nothing in common with anyone else going there.....

To cop off with a young wan'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Aw I haven't been in Costello's in years! The place is such a kip but it can be great craic! The tunes are great there too. Better than Icon or Trinity Rooms anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

concussion wrote: »
    I'd like to know about these pubs to be honest. Guinness seems to be at the €4/4.10 mark around town, with Murphys generally cheaper. Bear in mind that upstairs in Costelloes is a night-club, you're always going to pay more. To be perfectly honest, if I was drinking Guinness in a nightclub ( :eek: ) I think I'd prefer a can.

O'Connells, they have also sold pints for €2.99.

Lol. I reckon some people say they like Costellos to appear leftfield. It's clear that the owners haven't a lick of respect for it's customers. In 2011 if a club can't even provide clean and working toilets for its patrons then I don't see why it deserves any of my money.

I can't believe they haven't been closed down because of the toilets, surely a health issue.

As far as I know even Mickey Martins have improved theirs.

Even Maximus in Nenagh is better than Costello's and thats saying something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Mc Love wrote: »
    Even Maximus in Nenagh is better than Costello's and thats saying something

I wouldn't go that far. The music there is so awful!

And they play the national anthem at the end :D

• Advertisement

Anyone remember when it was called Easy Street? Lived up to its name as well :D

Advertisement