Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costellos Tavern Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Costellos is an gem....have great memories of first going there as an art student in late 90s, often pop in there still. Any niteclub that plays Joy Division Love Will Tear Us Apart is ok in my book, regardless of what state the carpets/jacks are in!

Last time I was there though, there were a couple of Icon/Angel Lane heads there, stuck out like a sore thumb - bleached blonde, short black skirts, orange makeup - must have got wrong directions or something, was quite funny seeing all the arty girls giggling at them :D

And there really should be some kind of cage wrestling match organised for that smoking area :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Last time I was there though, there were a couple of Icon/Angel Lane heads there, stuck out like a sore thumb - bleached blonde, short black skirts, orange makeup - must have got wrong directions or something, was quite funny seeing all the arty girls giggling at them :D

When I was going there, people didnt give a **** who you were and what you wore, either on your face or your clothes - seems like its gone a bit downhill so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Costellos is an gem....have great memories of first going there as an art student in late 90s, often pop in there still. Any niteclub that plays Joy Division Love Will Tear Us Apart is ok in my book, regardless of what state the carpets/jacks are in!

And there really should be some kind of cage wrestling match organised for that smoking area
    :pac:

Its like something where a fight club should be held.

There has been a few of the icon type crowd up there of late, I dont really care tbh but its a bit wierd seeing girls with mini skirts in costellos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

sioda wrote: »
    Close to a good kebab :)

Normal kebab or a Catherine street kebab?:eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Thunderdome :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

seachto7 wrote: »
    nope, I won't say/ I heard who was supposed to be taking it over too....

Well if it is Donal Mulcahy there won't be drinking till six in the morning there.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭HerbSimpson

, was quite funny seeing all the arty girls giggling at them :D:
    Well they're as much bitches as if the roles were reversed.

This is exactly the thing about Costellos, it's no different from Icon, you need to dress a certain way and like a certain type of music or else you are not accepted. The thing I don't like is that some people in Costellos think they're superior because they're not mainstream and don't listen to chart/dance music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

C.....was quite funny seeing all the arty girls giggling at them :D

not good!!!!! too cool for school art students are not good!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

not good!!!!! too cool for school art students are not good!!!!!

Ok maybe my post was misleading, wrong choice of words etc....it was just a few girls who were amused at another few girls who were obviously in the wrong place. Its not like everyone was standing there pointing, going "HAHAHAHA". Theres always goin to be a few snobs everywhere, it was just an isolated incident.

Ill put it this way, if I sneaked past the bouncers into the Icon with dirty trainers, army jacket, a hoodie & dreadlocks, there would probably be a few people giggling at me too. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Going out tonight myself. Possibility I could end up in Costelloes. Better decide what I'm wearing. Don't want to be laughed at.

• Advertisement

Ill put it this way, if I sneaked past the bouncers into the Icon with dirty trainers, army jacket, a hoodie & dreadlocks, there would probably be a few people giggling at me too. :pac:

true enough... Flan should have stopped them from being too overdressed!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Normal kebab or a Catherine street kebab?:eek::D
    Both :P

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

concussion wrote: »
    I'd like to know about these pubs to be honest. Guinness seems to be at the €4/4.10 mark around town, with Murphys generally cheaper. Bear in mind that upstairs in Costelloes is a night-club, you're always going to pay more. To be perfectly honest, if I was drinking Guinness in a nightclub ( :eek: ) I think I'd prefer a can.

€3.30 all day, all night 7 days a week... Little Ellen St. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

€3.30 all day, all night 7 days a week... Little Ellen St. :-)

Had a few pints in with you earlier on that evening:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I've a love/hate relationship with costelloes. I find going once amonth max keeps it on the love side. I'm a downstairs head though, I hate upstairs.

IMO anywhere that serves cans over the bar usualy means the pints are muck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

So, LTP, we have established that one pub downtown is selling Guinness for €3.30 (and we're making a comparision to a night club too). Where else can I find cheap pints? €4.50 for a Guinness still isn't overkill for a drink in a club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Who drinks Guinness in a nightclub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Aidric wrote: »

That's probably why they were drinking it. To go against the grain and show how cool they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

concussion wrote: »
    So, LTP, we have established that one pub downtown is selling Guinness for €3.30 (and we're making a comparision to a night club too). Where else can I find cheap pints? €4.50 for a Guinness still isn't overkill for a drink in a club.

€4.50 for a can of Guinness in any mans language is daylight robbery but if you're happy to pay it thats really your own business.

Recession me arse :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

How much for drinks in Icon, Trinity Rooms, etc.? Drinks are expensive in night club, deal with it. Costellos is the same as any other...and no, I don't buy Guinness in Costelloes, or even frequent it, but I €4.50 isn't exorbitant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    That's probably why they were drinking it. To go against the grain and show how cool they were.
    Go fu:Dk yourself, i was drinking Guinness all evening and dont really drink spirits much out anymore. Its not that unusual for somebody to drink Guinness you know. Pipsqueak - Definition:

small or insignificant person or thing: somebody or something that is small or insignificant, but nevertheless often annoying or troublesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jay_3123

cullen5998 wrote: »
    Went here the night before paddys day last week.
    Was drinking guinness so i said id have a pint of that. Was upstairs at the time by the way. So she pulls out a can of guinness out of a multi pack and charges me €4.50 for it!
    What a rob!

That doesnt sound right... Maybe she was playing her own game on the side?
    Pint of Guiness is like 3.80? and Multipack? Bars have crates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Aidric wrote: »
    Why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,726 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

jay_3123 wrote: »
    That doesnt sound right... Maybe she was playing her own game on the side?
    Pint of Guiness is like 3.80? and Multipack? Bars have crates.

average price for a guinness is at least €4 in pubs and pints in the big clubs are €4.90 (why have so many people on this thread forgotten its a nightclub).And cans dont come in crates they they come in multipacks same as offies

pitcher of bavaria for a tenner in there, you can sit down and have a chat till 3 am, what's not to like........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

pitcher of bavaria for a tenner in there, you can sit down and have a chat till 3 am, what's not to like........

Yup, I've been converted to a 'downstairs' head, rarely venture upstairs now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

This guy knows what it's about.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I haven't been in Costellos in a good whileen now... I think it'll be getting a visit this weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Can't stand the place. Flan at the door is a <snip>. Likes to refuse me even though I have never done anything wrong inside there and unlike 90% of the patrons inside I actually buy drink.

I prefer to spend my money in a place that doesn't smell of mould also =/

• Advertisement

Limericks wrote: »
    Can't stand the place. Flan at the door is a <snip>. Likes to refuse me even though I have never done anything wrong inside there and unlike 90% of the patrons inside I actually buy drink.

I prefer to spend my money in a place that doesn't smell of mould also =/

It's fairly hard not to get into Costelloes, harder still to get thrown out.....

Advertisement