Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costellos Tavern Limerick

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

This thread is a symbol of the staying power of Costellos. It just won't go away. The place would probably survive a Zombie Apocalypse.
    Eureka! Zuroph needs to talk to Flan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

This thread is a symbol of the staying power of Costellos. It just won't go away. The place would probably survive a Zombie Apocalypse.

It'd be like the Winchester in Shaun of the Dead :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

krudler wrote: »
    It'd be like the Winchester in Shaun of the Dead :pac:

Yes! We could bate Flan with Pool cues to sounds of Queen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thats because more than half that go there are zombies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

Could be going here on Friday night,haven't been in a few years,is it busy on Friday's?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Tis about as busy as this thread.

dashoonage wrote: »

Is there no one going in there anymore?,been a good few years since I was in the place.A few of us ment to be going out there on Friday,it was never everyone's cup of tea but not a bad spot for a change of scenery every so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

It was jammed Saturday last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I'm not so sure about that. I was there last weekend, and it was fairly packed. I was actually surprised at how busy it was, given that's it's post-Christmas when most people claim to be on the dry, and the fact that most of the student clientele aren't even back to college yet. I was also in there 2 nights over Christmas and it was packed both nights. Based on my recent experiences, I would say the place is doing well (despite all the new bars which have opened up in Limerick)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ah ****ing hell lads i was taking the piss as the thread was from 2011....**** me the fun has been sucked out of the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

**** me the fun has been sucked out of the world

It gets sucked out of the world in Costelloes that is for sure :pac:

Is the cage still there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

seachto7 wrote:
    This is it exactly. How many trendy /Celia Holman Lee's girls photo op pubs/champagne swilling/cocktail swilling pubs have come and gone in the last 15 years? While Costelloes, like a cockroach in a nuclear war, keeps truckin' along!

Ha! So true 😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

pkvader wrote: »
    Is the cage still there?

You mean the upstairs smoking area? Pretty sure it was still there on St.Stephen's night anyway! The place was wedged that night even with a €10 charge on the door. Should be back down to a fiver again now though.

Yeah the cage is still there! It really is a one of a kind nightspot

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Was in there over Xmas, hasn't changed in 30 yrs but as the saying goes "If it ain't broke don't fix it"...

Always a great atmosphere up there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Was in there over Xmas, hasn't changed in 30 yrs but as the saying goes "If it ain't broke don't fix it"...

Always a great atmosphere up there..

They did change the carpet once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

YFlyer wrote: »
    They did change the carpet once.

Yes and some of the carpet even ended up on ebay :D

As stinky as the patrons. :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Ah yes, the lovely smell of puke mixed with piss, farts, and beer! :cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Berty wrote: »
    Yes and some of the carpet even ended up on ebay :D

As stinky as the patrons. :pac::pac:

Flan never miss a few bucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 colmheneghan

Had the best night ever at Costelloe’s last year for my sisters 50th birthday. We ended up there and I moshed to Nirvana with my top off along with a bunch of strangers on the dance floor !! Took me back to my teen years again !! And I’m 45 😂😂
    Don’t knock Costelloe’s reputation !! It’s a great place !!
    Dancing in the disco - bumper to bumper - wait a minute - where’s me jumper ? Where’s me jumper ? ðŸ˜႒

Mc Love wrote: »
    Would still choose the Icon over the dump that is costello's regardless of the music. At least the toilets are somewhat clean there.

My attitude has changed in 7 years haha. First post is hilarious in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

I once was queuing to get in to costellos one night,and there was a lad trun down puking on himself, out of his mind, 30 mins later i passed him on the dance floor. You don't get that down town at Nancy's or d-icon. That is why I love costellos. Plus they do a mean toasted sambo at 2am too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Mc Love wrote: »
    My attitude has changed in 7 years haha. First post is hilarious in this thread

It happens all of us....

The trick is to stop fighting it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

jones 19 wrote: »
    I once was queuing to get in to costellos one night,and there was a lad trun down puking on himself, out of his mind, 30 mins later i passed him on the dance floor. You don't get that down town at Nancy's or d-icon. That is why I love costellos. Plus they do a mean toasted sambo at 2am too.

It happens all of us....

The trick is to stop fighting it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

Ad from 1985

Advertisement