Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gi advise

• 23-03-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hey,

Been training casually in BJJ for awhile but just joined a club where I need a gi. Had a look at a few on ebay and seem to be about 65e. Anyone know anywhere cheaper? Also is there any considerations i should be aware of?

Last thing, whats the story with a belt? do I just buy a white one or do I wait to speak to the coach?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

If you've never worn one before, I'd say get one from your coach/whoever supplies the club. You can fit a few on and pick the best one. That way ya won't have to worry about size.

And if you're not sure about which belt you should be wearing, then it probably should be white.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Tatami do a good basic gi for about €65/€70. Like the above said most clubs order them in for you so have a chat to the coach and see. Which club did you join?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cagefan

Tatami do a good basic gi for about €65/€70. Like the above said most clubs order them in for you so have a chat to the coach and see. Which club did you join?[/QUO

Cheers for the advice. Yeh I knew I was a white belt just wasnt sure if I you needed to be awarded it or something....stupid question just didnt want to make it tit out of myself! I joined xtremefitness ireland gym in swords! I think the club are selling them for 85e so want to try get one cheap as I am a student

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

Your club can get a club discount with a GI Manufacturer.
    As mentioned Tatami or you also have Black Eagle, Both have reasonably priced GI's .
    Dont think your going to get anything cheaper than e65 , as you mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Not to worry OP, you're a white belt as soon as you step on the mat. If you are buying a gi yourself, one word of caution about belts: just get a cheap white one for less than a fiver. "BJJ" belts cost more and the only difference is a black area on one end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement