Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat-like headphones without the huge price?

Options
  • 23-03-2011 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

hey guys,
    im in the market for a pair of headphones.i like the aesthetics and sound quality of the beats by dre solos but that pricetag is just ridiculous.anyone know of any similar headphones (suitable for wearing around,ie, compact) for a good price?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Brian72 wrote: »
    i like the aesthetics and sound quality

So you want ugly, bad sounding headphones for a cheap price? Try skullcandy.

Otherwise... http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-72-portable-headphones-reviewed-monster-beats-studio-added-03-22

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

my sentiment too. unless you like bass heavy music and dont have phones that can get that over, dont think beats are for you. Listened to them in store last week and they were horrible, absolutely horrible. The plastic feels cheap and easily breakable too im afraid.

For value for money , Px-100-ii sound great, koss portapros have a great reputation too. I just got px 200-ii, they look good and have a nice balanced sound to them.

AKG 430 & 450s have a solid reputation too and look good.

People seem to be buying into these Beats a bit too much and just going out and buying them as a fashion statement without trying other headphones.

I'm hardly an audiophile, and if i can even identify that beats make a mess of everything that should be stark warning (unless as mentioned youre into bass heavy hip-hop, rnd, not dance though, as trebles are often as important)

and as before, Head-Fi forum is a wealth of information on this sort of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The smile says it all....

gyi0060080881.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Err, does it? What does it say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Baza210 wrote: »
    Err, does it? What does it say?

Em to me it says im getting paid so much extra cash for just holding these fad like overpriced plastic pieces of sheer utter ****e for nothing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement