Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mice in Property

Options
  • 23-03-2011 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi There,

I am the landlord of a property. Got new tenants in about 2 months ago, but today they called to say that they have found mouse droppings. I have asked them to set multiple traps. As a landlord, and I responsible for this problem, or is this the tenants problem. The mice were not there before they moved in afaik, nor was there a problem with the previous tenant.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

When I rented I had mice in the property, I sorted it out myself as it wasn't the landlords problems (IMO), there was building work going on up the road and I think thats how they got in. Not really any1s fault but it happens.
    I'd rather sort it out myself asap than wait for someone else to do it, I caught 2 in traps and then got one of them plug in things to make sure none came back, I never had any more after that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭djmcr

Domer wrote: »
    Hi There,

I am the landlord of a property. Got new tenants in about 2 months ago, but today they called to say that they have found mouse droppings. I have asked them to set multiple traps. As a landlord, and I responsible for this problem, or is this the tenants problem. The mice were not there before they moved in afaik, nor was there a problem with the previous tenant.

Thanks.

Are you suggesting that they brought the mice there:rolleyes: with them

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

It's the tenants problem (unless its a major issue and not just a few mice once off)

Where would you draw the line? Is the landlord responsible for getting rid of a spider in the bath?

Advertisement