Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why aren't college events posted on here?

• 23-03-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Where's all the updates about business week and social events. Looking through emails are quite tedious tbh.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

I started a thread for events on campus but no one seems to bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Tis annoying indeed :(

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Let's repost any events mentioned through emails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

not enough students in the college use boards... and to get them on here would cause even more mails to be sent advertising it, but it would be better if more where on here. I'm more pissed about recieving emails that are of no interest to me. For instance... sports news emails every second week, surely these should only be sent to people who tick a box saying 'I want to be emailed about sports events during the year' at registration.

However I reserve a special kind of hatred for -cough- buisness/social care lecturers who send an email to all students... with the title for the attention of year whatever... you've all seen them. They are just the laziest thing I have ever seen.. I mean make a freaking mailing list ffs XD.

oh and their's the job advertisments... where all students recieve the emails about a job that applies to only one specific course.. surely these should just be emailed to the faculty in question...

It's emails like those above which clog up our inboxs making the emails we actually need to read disappear among the clutter. To be honest I doubt this is the IT dept's fault... more of an awareness problem with how many problems these random emails cause.

Maybe some lecturers just shouldn't have the power to email all students... especially if they show such blatent disregard for other faculties/years. It is insanely annoying...

A few CS and mech students, myself included were plotting to create a lecturer 'black list' ie ones you should just block straight away... but we decided this would get us in some serious trouble if we followed through on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Xios wrote: »
    Where's all the updates about business week and social events. Looking through emails are quite tedious tbh.

This is the thread you want.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056086936

Advertisement