Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much are teachers paid in Dublin?

Options
  • 23-03-2011 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Anyone have any idea about how much secondary school teachers are paid in Dublin? Considering post-resession period etc.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I am sure they are paid the same amount as teachers in other parts of the country :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Same as everywhere else, indeed. Details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jaybro

Well, I meant Dublin specifically, but Ireland generally - so, how much are teachers paid in Ireland? Thanks MJ Mugger.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It depends. Established teachers would be the common salary scale which someone else has linked to, but most teachers starting out do a few hours part time for a few years, then get a part-time contract (usually for 11 hours a week or so), then a contract of indefinite duration (CID).

We have not had anyone get a permanent job in our school in about 8 years and many of my colleagues have been working ten years and are still on part-time contracts. We lost six staff last year, though the media is full of nonsense about 'average' teachers being on huge salaries and it being 'impossible' to lose a job as a teacher.

Advertisement