Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live-in Language Tutor

Options
  • 23-03-2011 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is looking to get some French and German grinds for her kids over the summer and she was asked me about live-in tutors, said she heard of the this somewhere but can't remember where. I said I'd ask here to see if anyone knows more about it.

She described as basically a french or german student comes to Ireland and gives grinds in return for bed and board - almost like an au pair but teaching their native language instead of minding children and housework. I've never heard of it, but she thinks it would really be good so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Jup that excists although it's usually basicly an au-pair who also accomodates some time per day for schooltime. I did it myself in OZ, where the family I nannied for required me to teach the kids languages. It's a modern form of a governess basically!

My recommendation would be putting out a vacancy for "French and German speaking live-in au-pair required" with a description of what she is looking for. A bit of tidying/housework/cooking could definitely be included too.

What I would also do if I was her was to make sure that there some resources available for the nanny (books, DVD's, CD's, etc) to work with.

Otherwise, get a private tutor in for maybe 1-2 hrs a day, but that would be more expensive I reckon.

Advertisement