Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late night bars in Dublin 2

Options
  • 23-03-2011 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Just wondering if you can help me. A friend of mine came up to dublin for st patrick's day and ended up staying out later than me. Anyhow he went on to a late bar that was quiet enough he said and left his phone there! So we are hunting to get it back. He doesn't know where exactly he ended up but said that it was somewhere around the Grafton street/D2 area.

He left Kehoes and said he was only walking for a short while before he got there (we tried to do the walk through but as he doesn't know dublin, is not great at directions and was a bit merry it brought us nowhere!).

Anyhow he knows a few things about the bar he was in and I thought it might be worth putting a post up just in case anyone might recognise it. I'm fairly familiar with the area and Dublin pubs - when he first said it I assumed it was the grafton lounge or somewhere on south william street but he didn't recognise them.

Anyhow here is the info:
    - It was a very trendy pub that was open late on paddy's night but was fairly quiet
    - It had a smoking area to front, slightly indoors which had low couches
    - It had a very long bar inside with the bar to the left and couches to the right
    - It had a very small dancefloor at end of bar and there were doors that led outside (he thinks).
    - It seemed to be off a main road, just on an alleyway or something with taxis around the corner.

I tried all the usual haunts like maybe cafe en seine or any of those places. I think it may be a new place as I just don't recognise it or it's not where I thought it might be.. He's very sure that it had a very long bar in it.

If anyone could shed any light on this I would really appreciate it!!

Comments

Sounds like the southwilliam

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭spear thrower

Dakota? Top of South William street..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 VOICE of Irish

Thanks for getting back to me.. really appreciate it. No I'd know Dakota quite well and we went there and it definitely wasn't there - he said it was a much narrower bar. I actually thought the south william myself but we looked in the window there and he said it wasn't :( Might take another look though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Could it be the market bar?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Sounds a bit like Shebeen Chic on George's street too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

Could be No name bar off Georges Street

Advertisement