Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ovetto mkb questions

• 23-03-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

I just moved into anew house and found a 00 ovetto mbk in the shed.The landlady said I can use it away.I have a bike licence from years ago so thats not a problem.It looks like it hasnt been started/moved in years.The key/oil/fuel are in it but it wont start.Is there any checks I can do battery/brakes ect?Is there any where/one in the kinsale area of cork that I could call to have a look and see it its usable?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Is it making any noise at all or what's the story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

nope, you turn the key and not a sausage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

has it got a kickstart?

nope,just turn the key and go.sorry if i didnt mention its a scooter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

Likely just a dead battery!, especially if its just been left in the shed for a good while, and during the winter

• Advertisement

Turn the key and hit the starter button. I know its pretty obvious but you be surprised what people forget to do lol. Ya have to hold in the left lever aswell I think. I'm probably completely wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

seanybiker wrote: »
    Turn the key and hit the starter button. I know its pretty obvious but you be surprised what people forget to do lol. Ya have to hold in the left lever aswell I think. I'm probably completely wrong

Was thinking of a more extreme reason, but as Seany said, make sure the obvious starting things are done. Some bikes won't start if the kickstand is down, bike's not in neutral, and/or the clutch isn't engaged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

probaly be a good idea to clean out the carb on it aswell if it hasnt been started in a few years and dump put the old fuel and flush out the tank aswell while your at it ,,and put some air in the tyres aswell before ya venture out on it :)

well i tried the key and starter first and still nothing.I was thinking the battery but i couldnt find it.Any ideas on where abouts it would be?i tried to find the manual for it online but with know luck.How would i go about flushing out the tank?I pumped all the tires and checked the brakes and they seem fine.

take the tank off and power hose it or run some deisel tru it and let it soak so it will loosen up all the sediment that be after buildin up in it for not in use and drain it all out..for the battery ya will probaly have to remove some of the plastics to find it ,,it probaly best if ya go onto a ovetto fourm for the answers and do a search in the workshop part of the forum as these kinda questions ya asking have probaly been asked a 100 times over there and ya will get proper answers there :)

• Advertisement

ok.Thanks guys.Ill clean out the tank and have another look it tomorrow.Ill see if I can find some more info on another fourm.Thanks again.

Are you getting any lights on the clocks when you turn on the ignition?

no,not a thing.c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

if your not getting any lights, then your probably right about the battery, have a look under the seat. You should find it there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

I had one years ago, the battery is under the footwell there should be a panel there with three screws i think it is one on the floor and one either side of the seat, Lift that off and the battery is just sitting there, as far as i remember its in a little sunken compartment, very handy to switch it out. Also there is also most definately a kick start on that moped. Its on the left hand side as your straddling it. Its just over where the stand folds up to.

When the battery was bogey in mine the kick start used to start it every time. Did you make sure there was petrol in it?

I got the battery out earlyer today and iv ordered a new one.Ah i was looking at that today.I thought it was a foot rest for a pavilion passenger.There was petrol in it but I took out the tank today to clean it out .Ill be gone over the weekend but ill let ye know how on get on on monday.Cheers again guys

Pavillion lol. Pillion ya mean. Ya be flying soon. Sound landlady

Ah thats me spelling it completly wrong and spell check making things even worse :).Hopefully.I noticed a kinda scaley yellowish residue on one of the brakes.Is there brake fluid in these and could it have leaked?

I tried the kick start today with no luck.My battery wont be here for another week,Is there anything else I could try?Do these bikes have spark plugs?

damagegt wrote: »
    I tried the kick start today with no luck.My battery wont be here for another week,Is there anything else I could try?Do these bikes have spark plugs?

They do, just the one.

• Advertisement

Ok ill have a look for it tomorrow and change it out and try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Ok ill have a look for it tomorrow and change it out and try again.

Sorry to hear about your baby btw.

i think you mite need the batterey in the bike connected up to complete the circut so the kick start will work for ya

TheZohan wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your baby btw.
    ????

i think you mite need the batterey in the bike connected up to complete the circut so the kick start will work for ya
    Ill change out the plug just incase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Do you have the papers for the scooter ? you'll need them to tax and insure it.

No point wasting your time with it without them.

**** I never even thought of that.Ill ring then landlady and see.Is there anyway to get them other then the originals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

????

Dingoes, they eated it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

**** I never even thought of that.Ill ring then landlady and see.Is there anyway to get them other then the originals?
    You can get replacement documents alright, can't remember the names of the forms but you get them in the tax office. You need to bring one to the gardai and the other to a commissioner
    of oaths. Takes a while but it's not a hard process.

• Advertisement
Advertisement