Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightroom 3.3 and Canon EOS 60D Tethered Capture

Options
  • 23-03-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I bought my Canon 60D a few weeks ago and thought I will put it to a test using the Lightroom's 3.3 tethered capture utility.

Unfortunately, it won't work. And it's no different when using Lightroom 3.4 RC version.

I found a solution for Windows users http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=981565 but no luck fixing it for Mac.

Now, based on the Windows fix I ran a few tests. So far, this solution has been the most promising one:

In /Applications/Canon Utilities/EOS Utility/EOS Utility.app/Contents/Frameworks/EDSDK.framework/Versions/A

find EDSDK, USBDslr.bundle and EdsImage.bundle

and copy them to
    /Applications/Adobe Lightroom 3.4 RC.app/Contents/PlugIns/tether_canon_plugin.lrplugin/Contents/PlugIns/tether_canon.app/Contents/Frameworks/EDSDK.framework/Versions/A

For Lightroom 3.3 change the version number accordingly. And don't forget to backup original files first!

I have yet to figure out how to cope with a transfer problem. The image is taken (either using the camera's or Lightroom's shutter trigger button) but transfering the image from the camera onto my Mac's hard drive doesn't work.

Anybody here who came across the same and perhaps found a solution? Any help would be appreciated.

David.

PS: Yes, I know that Canon's EOS Utility would do a nice job too but there's something on Adobe's solution. If and when it works, that is... :D

Advertisement