Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appliance Delivery

Options
  • 23-03-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

Who's responsibility is it for appliance delivery. Our Broken oven needs to be removed and replaced and the letting agency is insisting it is our responsibilty to be there (wait around all day) for the delivery. We're both working and can't be around. Should it not be the landlord who is responsible for a new oven? I can understand the tenant being there for UPC etc. Am I wrong in thinking it's the landlords responsibility?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Paying for it is the landlord's responsibility, but you need to be there to take delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Definitely the tenant's responsibility to be there and take delivery.

Of course, if you don't want the oven replaced, just tell the landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Realistically, if the estate agent sat around in your apartment all day, you would be worried about what would happen your possession and they would be worried about that. Try to get the number of the delivery service and see if a more exact time can be arranged. Or is there someone you trust who can be there or have it delivered to a neighbour?

Note that cookers need to be connected properly, they can't just be plugged in like other appliances. If the delivery service is to take away the old cooker, it will need to be disconnected first.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kd82

Thanks for the responses. Will probably have to get someone to be there instead as I can't afford to take time off. I would have thought it was a landlords problem as it's their cooker, their apartment etc. Surprised by the above but good to know, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Can they bring the cooker on a weekend day? Most shops are open Saturday and Sundays...maybe they provide that service. I assume you or the other housemates dont work 7 days a week. I assume one of you must have at least one day off week per week?

• Advertisement
Advertisement